What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

@UKBengali
Why would you think a fighter needs maneuverability in 2020? BVR combat is simply flying at high altitudes at mach 1 or so and launching from 70+km away.

Two reasons:

1. Give as much energy to the missile so it can travel further - that is why you would want to be travelling at near enough Mach 2 before you launch BVR missile.
2. More chance of dodging missiles fired at you.

@UKBengali
Why would you think a fighter needs maneuverability in 2020? BVR combat is simply flying at high altitudes at mach 1 or so and launching from 70+km away.

I'm with @UKBengali on this one friend.

Not really interested in a souped up trainer so to speak.

Would rather see BAF embrace a new phase with new build modern 4+ gen types sourced from both the West and China.

This is both for tactical and strategic reasons.

I'm with @UKBengali on this one friend.

Not really interested in a souped up trainer so to speak.

Would rather see BAF embrace a new phase with new build modern 4+ gen types sourced from both the West and China.

This is both for tactical and strategic reasons.
Why did you want to see JF-17 in your older posts?

1. Give as much energy to the missile so it can travel further - that is why you would want to be travelling at near enough Mach 2 before you launch BVR missile.
It is more of an altitude thing, plane can fly at 12-14 km and fire BVRAAM and reach pretty far range.
2. More chance of dodging missiles fired at you.
Isn't going to do much for you, if a missile will hit it will hit. Proximity fuses mean that dodging is close to impossible in the modern world.

Well, I agree with that, BD should purchase J-10CE for air superiority, but allocating it to other missions would be wasteful. Isn't that the reason we made both F-16, and F-15 here in America?

@F-20 Tigershark

Also you would be able to get into firing positions quicker, leave the battle space quicker and be able to dogfight better as there will be times when two fighters that are BVR capable need to dogfight.

@UKBengali
I agree about getting to battle space quicker, but BD is a small country so that isn't a huge factor. Dogfighting is a dead sport, F-35 can't dogfight for shit but US doesn't value dogfighting.

I don't know, if BD acquires all J-10s it will put all its eggs in one basket and force J-10 to be a multirole aircraft when it should really be performing air superiority against an enemy with a quantitate and qualitative edge where again you can't be sparing the J-10. US never used F-15 for anything but air superiority until Strike Eagle.

Why did you want to see JF-17 in your older posts?

It is more of an altitude thing, plane can fly at 12-14 km and fire BVRAAM and reach pretty far range.

Isn't going to do much for you, if a missile will hit it will hit. Proximity fuses mean that dodging is close to impossible in the modern world.

Well, I agree with that, BD should purchase J-10CE for air superiority, but allocating it to other missions would be wasteful. Isn't that the reason we made both F-16, and F-15 here in America?

JF-17 isn't a souped up trainer.

It's currently at the Block 3 phase and hopefully will have progressively more capable iterations.

The FTC-2000 is essentially a fully matured J-7.

JF-17 isn't a souped up trainer.
You have to remember that FA-50 is being pursued by many nations with situations not dissimilar to Bangladesh while still being a trainer.
I think you are underestimating the capabilities of the FTC-2000G, it has the possibility to do many missions for Bangladesh that would be menial for the J-10. You also have to factor in cost, you can probably buy at least 5 squadrons for a few billion and infrastructure probably shares a lot with F-7 series already serving.

IMO It would be worth it alone for its SEAD/DEAD capabilities, those CM-102 missiles are 100km anti-radiation missiles. It could pave the way for J-10 to operate in a environment free of SAMs and allow it to solely focus on engaging Indian fighters.
img-f29ecf9572709ab470062e4e942c7477-jpg.595318

You have to remember that FA-50 is being pursued by many nations with situations not dissimilar to Bangladesh while still being a trainer.
I think you are underestimating the capabilities of the FTC-2000G, it has the possibility to do many missions for Bangladesh that would be menial for the J-10. You also have to factor in cost, you can probably buy at least 5 squadrons for a few billion and infrastructure probably shares a lot with F-7 series already serving.

IMO It would be worth it alone for its SEAD/DEAD capabilities, those CM-102 missiles are 100km anti-radiation missiles. It could pave the way for J-10 to operate in a environment free of SAMs and allow it to solely focus on engaging Indian fighters.
img-f29ecf9572709ab470062e4e942c7477-jpg.595318

You make good points.

I can't disagree.

My opinion is just that of a living room warrior.

So let me clear up, BD can use FTC-2000G for SEAD, CAS, Strike, A2A, and combat that the dedicated air superiority should not be tasked with. Combat radius is not high, but BD is not a wide country and doesn't need an aircraft with high endurance.

Loadout during a SEAD conflict with India should be
-Two CM 102 used to destroy Indian air defenses from standoff distances of 100km
-Two PL-9Cs used for close combat engagement, and dogfights
-One fuel tank center pylon to extend radius
img-814eefa83300b460710c962cae0f5c15-jpg.517163

img-f29ecf9572709ab470062e4e942c7477-jpg.517164

@UKBengali
I agree about getting to battle space quicker, but BD is a small country so that isn't a huge factor. Dogfighting is a dead sport, F-35 can't dogfight for shit but US doesn't value dogfighting.

I don't know, if BD acquires all J-10s it will put all its eggs in one basket and force J-10 to be a multirole aircraft when it should really be performing air superiority against an enemy with a quantitate and qualitative edge where again you can't be sparing the J-10. US never used F-15 for anything but air superiority until Strike Eagle.
Wait for the 6th gen planes then, dogfighting will become a thing again albeit not safe for humans anymore

@UKBengali
Forgot to mention, since FTC-2000G is twin seater I think it actually may be better for combat than single seaters. Back seater can do everything related to combat and act as weapons operator launching BVRAAMs, PGMs, CMs, anti-ship missiles, etc which allows for much easier combat levels instead of one pilot.

Do long range heavily armed UAVs have a future in BAF? Arguments for and against needed.

For example this WJ-700 can launch long range anti-ship missiles as well as CM-102 anti-radiation missiles allowing SOW launching distances and SEAD/DEAD.

DrIvVlhX0AAFngc.jpg

@Avicenna

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom