What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

This guy think BD will build fighter aircraft as BAC bought wind tunnel.
We used even bigger wind tunnel in university than what BAC bought.. ;)
Overexcited nigga. He thought we would buy mig 35, then produce it now he thinks we will have a flying fighter jet in 2-4 years and MRCA will come at the same time. Bunch of horse shit.

© Royal Bengal Aviation

80840545_2547056325541294_3691176034704556032_o.jpg

@Avicenna
Have you considered FTC-2000G for Bangladesh? It can function as a LIFT, and light multirole fighter with relatively good performance. JF-17 is impossible so this is the best option imo. It could allow J-10 to focus solely on air superiority while performing SEAD, CAS, OCA, and might be able to take out some Indian aircraft like Tejas, Mig-21, Mig-29, Jaguar once AESA is integrated.

img-f29ecf9572709ab470062e4e942c7477-jpg.595318

img-7aa6eae1e8b4d8414ac163d25c6cd4f0-jpg.595317

screenshot-pbs.twimg.com-2018.11.21-00-05-02.png

Weaponry includes
SD-10 BVRAAM
CM-102 100km ARM
FT series of PGMs
PL-9C
C-705K anti-ship missile
CM-704KG air to ground missile 25 km range
laser guided rockets

@F-20 Tigershark

Dude, can we stop it as regards the crap FTC-2000G?

BAF does not want to be in the situation of buying a fighter that is outclassed by not one but two Indian fighters. You cannot go into a fight with IAF and hope SU-30MKI and Rafale will not be around.
Like I say BD needs 2 fighters to deal with India and Myanmar due to geopolitics.

F-16 Block 52 will destroy Myanmar's JF -17 Block 2
and J-10CE will be competitive with Indian Rafale.

@F-20 Tigershark

BAF does not want to be in the situation of buying a fighter that is outclassed by not one but two Indian fighters. You cannot go into a fight with IAF and hope SU-30MKI and Rafale will not be around.
Like I say BD needs 2 fighters to deal with India and Myanmar due to geopolitics.

J-10 will need to be procured in a HUGE number, air superiority is not the only role in combat and using all J-10s for that role will mean ground troops are not supported. BD does not have enough money to spend to buy even a hundred J-10s which would run at tens of billions of dollars with weapons, and bases. So your plan is unrealistic, BD needs a multirole fighter than can complement the J-10 and perform the roles that it shouldn't have to. Again, J-10 should ONLY perform air superiority sorties for the first few weeks of conflict while letting a lighter fighter perform SEAD, CAS, and bombing missions otherwise J-10s numbers will be slowly degraded.

Rafale will at most be eighteen aircraft on BD border, and MKI with be 50(?)

@F-20 Tigershark

so what is schedule date of block52 and j-10 arrival in BD ? 30 feb 2020?

J-10 will need to be procured in a HUGE number, air superiority is not the only role in combat and using all J-10s for that role will mean ground troops are not supported. BD does not have enough money to spend to buy even a hundred J-10s which would run at tens of billions of dollars with weapons, and bases. So your plan is unrealistic, BD needs a multirole fighter than can complement the J-10 and perform the roles that it shouldn't have to.

Rafale will at most be eighteen aircraft on BD border, and MKI with be 50(?)

Do not worry as BD has just brought 18 Kasirga MLRS with a range of 120km. It also has lots of towed artillery that can support ground troops.

Getting this crap fighter is a waste of resources, much rather buy 1/2 the number of J-10C instead.
Remember life cycle costs will maybe half that of J-10C as fuel, weapons and maintenance will be almost the same as J-10C.

My plan calls for 36 J-10CEs over the next 5 years and that is affordable for BD. More can be brought later as budget allows.

Do not worry as BD has just brought 18 Kasirga MLRS with a range of 120km. It also has lots of towed artillery that can support ground troops.

Getting this crap fighter is a waste of resources, much rather buy 1/2 the number of J-10C instead.
Remember life cycle costs will maybe half that of J-10C as fuel, weapons and maintenance will be almost the same as J-10C.

My plan calls for 36 J-10CEs over the next 5 years and that is affordable for BD. More can be brought later as budget allows.
Why do you think FTC-2000G is a crap fighter? What reasons can you give me?

Why do you think FTC-2000G is a crap fighter? What reasons can you give me?

It is based on a trainer.

No amount of AESA radar and fancy weapons will give it the speed or manouverability of real fighter like F-16 or J-10.

Last edited:
@UKBengali
Why would you think a fighter needs maneuverability in 2020? BVR combat is simply flying at high altitudes at mach 1 or so and launching from 70+km away.

Back
Top Bottom