What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

80089745_556557208255319_792116098232221696_o.jpg

Bangladesh Air Force Alouette-3 helicopters, also known as Chetak, in Tejgaon Airport. You will notice that the flying one was the Kilo Flight Alouette which is equipped with rocket pods. The Jatiya Sangshad, the national assembly of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, is visible in the background.

#Ops Room

79206628_2388661391386228_7725097572095754240_o.jpg

The follow-on to the AN-32 (Made in Russia) is called the IL-112V and is already flying. First test flight was March 2019 and flight testing is proceeding apace. The layout is very different from the AN-32 we operate, and cargo-holding fuselage is much wider, capable of carrying 44 fully equipped/armed paratroopers.

Antonov - as everyone knows, is an Ukrainian company and the chances of Russians buying their planes in the future is nil.

In fact the IL-112 is a very close and much more efficient modern copy (in layout) of the Italian C-27J Spartan which is a smaller cargo transport in the USAF, a baby brother of the C-130 Hercules.

IMHO, this is a much more sturdy and robust cargo platform follow-on to the AN-32 than the new Ukrainian AN-132 itself, and has better expansion capability in the future (lengthening with a dash 200 higher capacity follow on). Observe how short and how large the cargo compartment is....

Good stuff. :-)

How reliable is the statement of this video clip?

This guy think BD will build fighter aircraft as BAC bought wind tunnel.
We used even bigger wind tunnel in university than what BAC bought.. ;)

This guy think BD will build fighter aircraft as BAC bought wind tunnel.
We used even bigger wind tunnel in university than what BAC bought.. ;)
I am rather disappointed with your harsh comments. I was expecting Made in Bangladesh civilian jet planes will bring me back to Tokyo and our fighter planes would outperform other planes in a Dubai Air Show.

I am rather disappointed with your harsh comments. I was expecting Made in Bangladesh civilian jet planes will bring me back to Tokyo and our fighter planes would outperform other planes in a Dubai Air Show.
As far as i know, BD has plans of making trainer aircrafts at home in near future.That too probably with assistance & TOT from another country.
Civilian jets or fighter jets are simply pipe dreams for us.

As far as i know, BD has plans of making trainer aircrafts at home in near future.That too probably with assistance & TOT from another country.
Civilian jets or fighter jets are simply pipe dreams for us.

If you have aerospace industry at home, you can start by producing N 219 airplane. If you order enough planes I believe PT Dirgantara Indonesia will give you license production of that aircraft. While learning the production process from us you can then start to offer to Airbus and Boeing proposal to make parts for their airplanes. Singapore and Malaysia get huge order just by supplying parts to those giant aircraft maker. With much low labor cost than those two nations your part production can be more competitive to them. After that you then start designing small planes to develop your design capability in step by step process.

If you have aerospace industry at home, you can start by producing N 219 airplane. If you order enough planes I believe PT Dirgantara Indonesia will give you license production of that aircraft. While learning the production process from us you can then start to offer to Airbus and Boeing proposal to make parts for their airplanes. Singapore and Malaysia get huge order just by supplying parts to those giant aircraft maker. With much low labor cost than those two nations your part production can be more competitive to them. After that you then start designing small planes to develop your design capability in step by step process.
Unfortunately, our aerospace industry right now is almost nonexistent. Although it has started to improve somewhat in the recent years.
I'd welcome it if Bangladesh chooses to start JV with Indonesia regarding aerospace & other sectors including military projects.Indonesia as a brotherly Muslim country can be trusted unlike China & India.

Unfortunately, our aerospace industry right now is almost nonexistent. Although it has started to improve somewhat in the recent years.
I'd welcome it if Bangladesh chooses to start JV with Indonesia regarding aerospace & other sectors including military projects.Indonesia as a brotherly Muslim country can be trusted unlike China & India.

Ya, I think China will only give technology to the nation like Pakistan which is also the enemy of India and also to nation like Thailand that become the rival of Vietnam. There is no reason for China to give any technology to either Indonesia or Bangladesh. We for instance have sign cooperation in space sector with China before but that cooperation is never heard again after the signing of that agreement.

I think that model that I suggest can be implemented to improve your aerospace industry. For your information, despite dont have matured design capability, those aerospace industries in Singapore and Malaysia get much more revenue compared to PTDI who started much earlier in this field and have capability in design as well. Since those Giant aircraft maker (Boeing and Airbus) build planes in hundred every year, it make their part supplier can grow big as well with huge contracts without have to develop their own aircraft. I think aerospace industry can be another potential industry that can broaden your export products.

Ya, I think China will only give technology to the nation like Pakistan which is also the enemy of India and also to nation like Thailand that become the rival of Vietnam. There is no reason for China to give any technology to either Indonesia or Bangladesh. We for instance have sign cooperation in space sector with China before but that cooperation is never heard again after the signing of that agreement.
Trust is a two-way thing.

You complain that China can't be trusted, but do you also consider whether you can be trusted by China?

There is no reason for China to give any technology to either Indonesia or Bangladesh.

But China provided Bangladesh ToT of FN-16, Padma class OPV, Durjoy class LPC, Type 56 corvette (pending), BD-08, BD-14, BD-15, assistance to upgrade Type 59 MBT, MRO for F-7, PT-6 locally. There's even talk about local plant for Chinese missile and MRO facility for submarine. If BN choose Chinese frigate then there's chance to get that tech too. Chinese company will also produce electric aircraft here. And China provided missile tech to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran and Myanmar. So i don't understand why you are saying this. :what: It's not like we are dealing with Russia, if we have enough money and buy minimum number of stuff to acquire the ToT China bound to provide the tech if it's included right? Unless they change their mind in the middle of the handover.

Back
Top Bottom