What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

China will certainly sell you HQ-9.
I won't be too sure.Even Pakistan doesn't have it yet I think.

It’s not rocket science bro.

The real question is what is the motivation of Bangladeshi leadership to allow this.

Meaning are they realists....or keeping their enemies close?.....or they just don’t give a f/-k and want to stay in power regardless of national interests?.....or what?

I have no idea.
If it's the former, then jolly good.
However, if our worst fears come true & it happens to be the latter, then it'll be up to the military & common populace to defend our sovereignty.

Karakorum K-8W
BAF
79759761_2655779714503279_97272054247587840_o.jpg

##BAH

Video explains why Bangladesh Air Force kept and still buying more trainers, have more trainers in its fleet than combat aircraft etc.
if anyone would like to translate the video for foreign users... it would be great

Video explains why Bangladesh Air Force kept and still buying more trainers, have more trainers in its fleet than combat aircraft etc.
if anyone would like to translate the video for foreign users... it would be great

This is an overall good video. (From what I can make out from his Bangla)

Also love the Top Gun inspired bit with the motorcycle in the BAF video!

LOL!

Good video. Honestly, gives me some comfort.

For those who dont speak Bangladesh, this is the main gist: People complained about why so many trainers. But the plan was to first actually build a pool of good pilots and we lacked trainers to do so. Obviously, you wont hand over a multi million dollar jet to a novice pilot without making him up for the job. That is why in the intermediaries, the upgraded F-7s were purchased as stop gap solution, and above it, BAF purchased K8s and Yaks - both of which can in fact perform ground attacks and carry guided/unguided bombs. So technically, you can use them in times of war.
The training happens in 3 stages, starting off with the PTs, then moving to Albatross and then moving to Yaks. Only after that and having enough flight experience, they either go for F-7s or Migs. And therefore, the logical next step in those multi-million dollar jets which BAF is actively seeking now. Final point was that we needed our economy to be stable and strong so that we can finance these big purchases. As that time has come, soon enough we will see big purchases.

Good video. Honestly, gives me some comfort.

For those who dont speak Bangladesh, this is the main gist: People complained about why so many trainers. But the plan was to first actually build a pool of good pilots and we lacked trainers to do so. Obviously, you wont hand over a multi million dollar jet to a novice pilot without making him up for the job. That is why in the intermediaries, the upgraded F-7s were purchased as stop gap solution, and above it, BAF purchased K8s and Yaks - both of which can in fact perform ground attacks and carry guided/unguided bombs. So technically, you can use them in times of war.
The training happens in 3 stages, starting off with the PTs, then moving to Albatross and then moving to Yaks. Only after that and having enough flight experience, they either go for F-7s or Migs. And therefore, the logical next step in those multi-million dollar jets which BAF is actively seeking now. Final point was that we needed our economy to be stable and strong so that we can finance these big purchases. As that time has come, soon enough we will see big purchases.
Thanks bro for the English sub :D

Also love the Top Gun inspired bit with the motorcycle in the BAF video!
Classic desi cringe

Thanks bro for the English sub :D

Classic desi cringe

I did cringe!

On the topic of the video though, it makes complete sense.

I wonder when and how many K-8W are coming.

And any more Yak--130.

Also, this visit by Mr. Schriver is potentially significant.

I did cringe!

On the topic of the video though, it makes complete sense.

I wonder when and how many K-8W are coming.

And any more Yak--130.

Also, this visit by Mr. Schriver is potentially significant.
In the video they mention 28 k8 more I doubt it’s just 16 more
Yak 130 16 more

Definitely it is a historical picture in the history of BAF......

17xPT-6S Basic Training aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force showing the number "75" in respect of "75 BAFA" anniversary..

Photo collected from an BAF aviator's profile.

78950688_548608012383572_6177344482791391232_n.jpg

Not even 16. L 39 will be in service for 5 more years. So if BAF goes for more, the number would be 6-8.

I would think 8 more Yak-130 if any more are bought to keep in line with the original 24.

I would hope 11 at least to make up for the attrition.

I would think 8 more Yak-130 if any more are bought to keep in line with the original 24.

I would hope 11 at least to make up for the attrition.
Well that would be interesting to see. BAF is yet to make up for 2 K8W it lost. From what i hear they have decided to keep the L 39's for few more years to save money on attrition replacement.

They have lost 3 Mittens, god knows how long it will take them to make up for that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom