What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

And do you actually think BD will purchase both these systems, or just putting it on a brochure and not talking about it again?
These are pics from BA exhibition. Under those circumstances I would assume at worst we have already purchase it and awaiting delivery. More likely already delivered, integrated and operationally deployed.

I do not believe that BA will put up anything speculatively.

These are pics from BA exhibition. Under those circumstances I would assume at worst we have already purchase it and awaiting delivery. More likely already delivered, integrated and operationally deployed.

I do not believe that BA will put up anything speculatively.
LY-60 doesn't offer much more than FM-90, it can only reach about 5k meters and MAF can just fly above it. If BD could layer LY-80, LY-60, and FM-90 in multiple batteries it could be a credible air defense force.

LY-60 doesn't offer much more than FM-90, it can only reach about 5k meters and MAF can just fly above it. If BD could layer LY-80, LY-60, and FM-90 in multiple batteries it could be a credible air defense force.
Probably is the plan.... BA fully understands BAFs deficiencies and has their own plan to counter it.

Probably is the plan.... BA fully understands BAFs deficiencies and has their own plan to counter it.
I always wonder wtf BD is doing when it comes to air defense. Wouldn't it be better to invest in 5 or 6 batteries of S-300/HQ-9 and cover the whole country?

China will certainly sell you HQ-9.

Again not so sure.

Also the cost aspect.

An acquisition like that would run in the billions.

Keep in mind the FM-90 was just put into service just relatively recently.

I would imagine it would be an evolution to a long range system.

More immediate though we need a medium range system.

But perhaps someday inshAllah a long range system will be in the cards.

I would rather have a sizeable modern BAF over long range SAMs though.

Again not so sure.

Also the cost aspect.

An acquisition like that would run in the billions.

Keep in mind the FM-90 was just put into service just relatively recently.

I would imagine it would be an evolution to a long range system.

More immediate though we need a medium range system.

But perhaps someday inshAllah a long range system will be in the cards.

I would rather have a sizeable modern BAF over long range SAMs though.
How about an independent service called something like "Bangladesh air defense forces"
It would have it's own budget instead of having to set aside army, and air force budget, and coordinate with other forces in defending BD airspace.

LY-80 is a good MRSAM but I fear BD will have to acquire many batteries to provide a net that MAF can't get through. That is why I said a longer range SAM would be cheaper in the long run than acquiring many batteries of LY-80.

How about an independent service called something like "Bangladesh air defense forces"
It would have it's own budget instead of having to set aside army, and air force budget, and coordinate with other forces in defending BD airspace.

LY-80 is a good MRSAM but I fear BD will have to acquire many batteries to provide a net that MAF can't get through. That is why I said a longer range SAM would be cheaper in the long run than acquiring many batteries of LY-80.

I guess there are many ways to the same goal.

The goal of course is a credible and robust defense of Bangladeshi territory.

I would say just enjoy some popcorn and watch the whole thing unfold or not unfold.

I’m a hardcore pessimist.

But even I have to say the events of the last 2 years have NOT been business as usual.

I guess there are many ways to the same goal.

The goal of course is a credible and robust defense of Bangladeshi territory.

I would say just enjoy some popcorn and watch the whole thing unfold or not unfold.

I’m a hardcore pessimist.

But even I have to say the events of the last 2 years have NOT been business as usual.
One last thing, do you think India would allow MAF to overfly their territory in a war between MM and BD?

Looks like you have figured out the nuances of Indian policies vis a vis Bangladesh vai :D :D

It’s not rocket science bro.

The real question is what is the motivation of Bangladeshi leadership to allow this.

Meaning are they realists....or keeping their enemies close?.....or they just don’t give a f/-k and want to stay in power regardless of national interests?.....or what?

I have no idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom