What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Apparently Myanmar is getting Su-57. :-)

About the Video above - National Interest and The Diplomat Magazine are both RAW sponsored propaganda outlets. So - please provide links to serious negotiations on this please @Tagaung ?

here is from yahoo news.
https://news.yahoo.com/attention-asia-more-russian-su-080000321.html

the Burmese ambassador word,
"We would like to buy not only Su-30 fighters, but also next-generation aircraft, of course, if Russia wants to sell them,",

We won't necessarily need Russia permission for buying Su-34 or Su-35, since they let us buy
Su-30SM. but for Su-57 we might need Russia permission. that is why a lot of news outlet conclude we are looking for Su-57.

To be honest, I dont support the idea of MAF getting Su-57 despite being similar price with Su-30sm (the one we are buying). because there would be a huge Maintainance cost. instead I would fund our own fighter program.

I can guaranteed about SY-400 as i have some evidences. even KS-1 ToT was disclosed after the whole process of negotiation , technology transferring and manufacturing has been completed. So dont worry. U may see them around 2020 or 2021.

In fact, That is just a kind of marketing. what our ambassador to Russia said is Myanmar want more advanced aircraft.He never name the aircraft like Su-57. May be MiG-35 or Su-35 could also be possible.

why do i have to??:D:D....okey,we will wait till 2021..:pop::pop:

I would not be surprised if Myanmar does in fact acquire some Su-57.

there is one scenario where BAF F-7 can shine.

If I were a BAF high ranking officer, I would deploy 2 squadrons of F-7 in the Chittagong area, hiding with some camouflage. After the air skirmishes in Dhaka, MAF fighters would pass through the Chittagong area to return home.
I would then ambush MAF with the F-7s since at the time MAF fighters would be out of missiles. It wont matter that MAF have better radars and aircrafts, without AA missiles they are useless.

what do u think about this scenario @Avicenna @Michael Corleone ?

View attachment 586395
Well what you describe has already played out once, back when we didn’t have integrated air defense identification zone... but radar detection identified a mig 29 of Myanmar Air Force, f7 scrambled from Dhaka and took 8 minutes to reach Chittagong area, when the mig 29 was challenged, it made a dash to Myanmar airspace, his happened around where your estimation lies

this opinion is entirely subjective. we thinks MAF pilots are better trained because we havent lost newer aircrafts in a training mission. of course, MAF losses some aircraft in training because they are really old F-7.
On the other hand, BAF loses YAK-130s and K-8s in training exercises.

this depends entirely on your opinion.
I am pretty sure y’all lost some mig 29 some f7 and a brand new transport aircraft bought from China a few years ago. Only one of those incidents ever happened due to pilot error... ie the 2x yak 130 collision... k8 and single yak crashed due to technical malfunction of engine and FBW respectively

Well what you describe has already played out once, back when we didn’t have integrated air defense identification zone... but radar detection identified a mig 29 of Myanmar Air Force, f7 scrambled from Dhaka and took 8 minutes to reach Chittagong area, when the mig 29 was challenged, it made a dash to Myanmar airspace, his happened around where your estimation lies

I am pretty sure y’all lost some mig 29 some f7 and a brand new transport aircraft bought from China a few years ago. Only one of those incidents ever happened due to pilot error... ie the 2x yak 130 collision... k8 and single yak crashed due to technical malfunction of engine and FBW respectively

LOL.

His rationale to prove better training is obviously flawed.

Anyways, we wont really know unless there is actual conflict.

Came here to post this, did these birds get upgraded or just overhaul? Engine overhaul was also supposed to be done if I remember correctly, damn this was fast

should prove those people wrong those who think they’re not being flown, in fact more so, this is their second overhaul... so 10 more years from now, they’ll receive their last before being retired.

I mean if @Tagaung really thinks crashing during training exercise is a way to judge pilot skills, then Burmese Air Force is certainly superior compared to USAF

USAF is a different case compared to MAF and BAF. they have lots of aircraft in reserve, so they can afford to do dangerous maneuvers in training exercise. where in BAF and MAF, aircrafts are scarce, so they tend to avoid unnecessary risky situations.

Anyways, we wont really know unless there is actual conflict.

i agree.

USAF is a different case compared to MAF and BAF. they have lots of aircraft in reserve, so they can afford to do dangerous maneuvers in training exercise. where in BAF and MAF, aircrafts are scarce, so they tend to avoid unnecessary risky situations.
Bangladesh doesn’t buy fighters to keep them like showroom queen, we know we lack quantity so we strive to keep our quality up, same with PAF and this is instilled in both nations air forces from RAF... we regularly try to conduct exercises with friendly air forces like USAF, RAF, US marines and simulate dogfights to learn about tactics of real world situations, to be a pilot in BAF is very tough, we’ve had good f16 trained pilot fired from the force because of his ego. I see people get frustrated with BAF about buying only trainers and establishing simulation centers but fact is we need large number of quality pilots to absorb new fighters and establish new squadrons. I’m sure we talked about a few new squadrons already given national standards after meeting standards within the forces existing squadron

Bangladesh doesn’t buy fighters to keep them like showroom queen, we know we lack quantity so we strive to keep our quality up, same with PAF and this is instilled in both nations air forces from RAF... we regularly try to conduct exercises with friendly air forces like USAF, RAF, US marines and simulate dogfights to learn about tactics of real world situations, to be a pilot in BAF is very tough, we’ve had good f16 trained pilot fired from the force because of his ego. I see people get frustrated with BAF about buying only trainers and establishing simulation centers but fact is we need large number of quality pilots to absorb new fighters and establish new squadrons. I’m sure we talked about a few new squadrons already given national standards after meeting standards within the forces existing squadron

To be honest, I'm excited about the new K-8W about to be delivered.

That makes 14 total.

All needed if your gonna train personnel to man any new fighters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom