What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Does any body know about Bangladesh-South Korea relations?

Like besides the Bangabandhu, do we look to buy from South Korea?

Does any body know about Bangladesh-South Korea relations?

Like besides the Bangabandhu, do we look to buy from South Korea?
We have good business relationships. We can buy from them whatever they produce subject to US approval as korea is a US protectorate in all but name, same as japan.

If you are thinking of korean fighter programne....its based on US design. There is no point in going down that way. ..simply aporoach US for F16.

The only fighter programme we should try to take part in is the turkish one. We do not have technical knowhow to provide any input obviously.... but it would be money well spent....we would gain capacity that indigenously we could never get even in the next 50 years. Question is will the turks allow us to take part?

We have good business relationships. We can buy from them whatever they produce subject to US approval as korea is a US protectorate in all but name, same as japan.

If you are thinking of korean fighter programne....its based on US design. There is no point in going down that way. ..simply aporoach US for F16.

The only fighter programme we should try to take part in is the turkish one. We do not have technical knowhow to provide any input obviously.... but it would be money well spent....we would gain capacity that indigenously we could never get even in the next 50 years. Question is will the turks allow us to take part?

I’m not sure we are in any position to take part currently.

However, it opens up options in the future regarding purchases as does the TFX.

It looks like there are quite a few programs going on from non traditional suppliers.

It looks like there are quite a few programs going on from non traditional suppliers.

Outside of traditional players i am only aware of the turkish programme and korea+indonesian one. Which other contry is trying to create a fighter jet?

Of the traditional players we have the tempest which will be a British lead effort, japanese Mitsubishi series, various chinese indigenous programme plus the JF17, frence rafale , swedish gripen, russian migs and sukois and obviously US F series.

Countries that gave up jet programme for whatever reasons are south africa, brazil, egypt.

Lastly india teja whilst still going on any objective observer would conclude has not been a success.

It certainly is an expensive proposition with no guarantee of sucess. Should BD explore this avenue, i certainly feel we should.

When BD is looking at inducting 5th generation fighters, the best choice would be Turkish. Apart from the engines which look like coming from the UK, the rest of the tech would be Turkish and so getting a good plane from the most reliable supplier is a no-brainer.

When BD is looking at inducting 5th generation fighters, the best choice would be Turkish. Apart from the engines which look like coming from the UK, the rest of the tech would be Turkish and so getting a good plane from the most reliable supplier is a no-brainer.

Who knows man.

Outside of traditional players i am only aware of the turkish programme and korea+indonesian one. Which other contry is trying to create a fighter jet?

Of the traditional players we have the tempest which will be a British lead effort, japanese Mitsubishi series, various chinese indigenous programme plus the JF17, frence rafale , swedish gripen, russian migs and sukois and obviously US F series.

Countries that gave up jet programme for whatever reasons are south africa, brazil, egypt.

Lastly india teja whilst still going on any objective observer would conclude has not been a success.

It certainly is an expensive proposition with no guarantee of sucess. Should BD explore this avenue, i certainly feel we should.

Yea you pretty much have listed all the programs I was referring too.

BANGLADESH AIR FORCE CHIEF PASSES BUSSY SCHEDULE IN FRANCE

3-300x247.jpg
1-2-300x300.jpg

Dhaka, 20 Jun:- Visiting Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat, BBP, OSP, ndu, psc passes bussy schedule in France.

During stay in France, Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force attended the innuguration program of ‘The 53rdInternational Paris Air Show-2019’ held in Paris on 17 June 2019 where the President of France Emmanuel Macron was present as the Chief Guest.

Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force made a courtesy call on Defence Minister of France & the Chief of Staff of the French Air Force and they exchanged views on different issues of bilateral interest.

In the Air Show, he also exchanged views with Air Chiefs of different countries and discussed on professional matters. Besides, he met with high officials of giant aviation companies like Boeing, Embrier, Dassault Aviation, Leonardo, SAAB, Turkish Aerospace, THALES, SAFRAN etc and he discussed about the latest and future aviation technologies with an intention to incorporate those in Bangladesh Aviation sector.

During discussion, Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force at first highlighted the economical and other sectors development of Bangladesh and urged them to participate in aviation sector of Bangladesh.

They all appreciated the idea and they expressed to work together with appropriate planning and pragmatic steps. It may be mentioned that Chief of Air Staff will return to Bangladesh on 23 Jun 2019 after completion of visit in France.

https://www.ispr.gov.bd/en/banglade...3H1ND41NWEeXnp1dBiCJGCs8QzGADegI1kNE_yAPFfZCo

Last edited:
Forget fifth generation. Guys can't even buy decent fourth generation till date.

But jest aside. BAF should try to gule themselves with TF-X even if it's just monetary investment.

PAF is surely going after TF-X. That means it's going serious. And if you consider geo-politic, TF-X is the only viable option for BAF in Fifth generation.

Besides, he met with high officials of giant aviation companies like Boeing, Embrier, Dassault Aviation, Leonardo, SAAB, Turkish Aerospace, THALES, SAFRAN etc and he discussed about the latest and future aviation technologies with an intention to incorporate those in Bangladesh Aviation sector.
This is the sole point in this long jibberish that has my attention.

So what was the specifics of these discussions?

Word is BAF is looking for mobile pulse doppler radar where Thales is a strong contender. COAS might finalize the deal for it in Paris Air Show. Thales is also strong contender for Army's Long range radar tender issued in 2017-18 FY, word is Thales's Ground Master 400 radar has been selected by the Army already.

I think COAS will discuss about MRCA, attack and utility helicopter, SAM, medium transport aircraft and other radar-sensors with Leonardo, SAAB, Turkish Aerospace, THALES.

Word is BAF is looking for mobile pulse doppler radar where Thales is a strong contender. COAS might finalize the deal for it in Paris Air Show. Thales is also strong contender for Army's Long range radar tender issued in 2017-18 FY, word is Thales's Ground Master 400 radar has been selected by the Army already.

I think COAS will discuss about MRCA, attack and utility helicopter, SAM, medium transport aircraft and other radar-sensors with Leonardo, SAAB, Turkish Aerospace, THALES.
The Radars are comfirmed. At least one unit of 3D AESA for BAF. :partay:

But I was more curious whether he approached BAE, SAAB to participate in our fighter purchase. There was no better chance to approach them than Paris air Show.:undecided:

Forget fifth generation. Guys can't even buy decent fourth generation till date.

But jest aside. BAF should try to gule themselves with TF-X even if it's just monetary investment.

PAF is surely going after TF-X. That means it's going serious. And if you consider geo-politic, TF-X is the only viable option for BAF in Fifth generation.

This is the sole point in this long jibberish that has my attention.

I think BAF missed a trick by not going for JF 17 Thunders, Myanmar
played a clever one.

As for TFX you will have to wait 10-15 years.

Back
Top Bottom