What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

http://www.newagebd.net/article/75511/air-chief-leaves-for-france

Air chief leaves for France
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka | Published: 01:02, Jun 16,2019

Chief of air staff Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat along with his spouse and three entourages left Dhaka for France on Saturday.

It was an official visit at the invitation of the chief of staff of the French Air Force General Philippe Lavigne, said in an ISPR press release.

During the visit, the chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force will attend ‘The 53rd International Paris Air Show-2019’.

Air chiefs of different countries and high officials from renowned institutes of military technology will take part in the International Paris Air Show, it added.

In the air show, the chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force will exchange views with the air chiefs of different countries and high officials from renowned institutes of military technology which will help develop bilateral relationship with other countries.

It will also help implement Forces Goal-2030 by increasing the dynamism in the process of induction and maintenance of modern technology in BAF, the release continued.

It is expected that this visit by the chief of air staff will play an important role in strengthening the existing relationship between French Air Force and Bangladesh Air Force.

http://www.newagebd.net/article/75511/air-chief-leaves-for-france

Air chief leaves for France
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka | Published: 01:02, Jun 16,2019

Chief of air staff Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat along with his spouse and three entourages left Dhaka for France on Saturday.

It was an official visit at the invitation of the chief of staff of the French Air Force General Philippe Lavigne, said in an ISPR press release.

During the visit, the chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force will attend ‘The 53rd International Paris Air Show-2019’.

Air chiefs of different countries and high officials from renowned institutes of military technology will take part in the International Paris Air Show, it added.

In the air show, the chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force will exchange views with the air chiefs of different countries and high officials from renowned institutes of military technology which will help develop bilateral relationship with other countries.

It will also help implement Forces Goal-2030 by increasing the dynamism in the process of induction and maintenance of modern technology in BAF, the release continued.

It is expected that this visit by the chief of air staff will play an important role in strengthening the existing relationship between French Air Force and Bangladesh Air Force.
It will help do **** all... at this point everyone has given up hope

Tbh if the fokira air force had money, it wouldn't take them this long... heck i reckon fokira air force can't buy jf-17s either

Really? - they signed an order for maybe up to 23 K-8Ws last June - for some strange reason they would not reveal the number. BAF has money as it can buy trainer after trainer and the YAk-130 is not exactly cheap.

@Avicenna

Edit - BD has a total defence budget of around 4.5-5 billion US dollars when arms imports are taken into account. Other countries with defence spending at this level are Malaysia, although historically it has been higher.

Last edited:
Really? - they signed an order for maybe up to 23 K-8Ws last June - for some strange reason they would not reveal the number. BAF has money as it can buy trainer after trainer and the YAk-130 is not exactly cheap.

@Avicenna

Edit - BD has a total defence budget of around 4.5-5 billion US dollars when arms imports are taken into account. Other countries with defence spending at this level are Malaysia, although historically it has been higher.

You can talk about budgets and ability to afford things until the cows come home.

In the end, show me the aircraft parked on Bangladeshi soil.

You can talk about budgets and ability to afford things until the cows come home.

In the end, show me the aircraft parked on Bangladeshi soil.

My response was to say that it is not an affordability issue per se.

More a question of strategic thinking and general competence.

Who knows man.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

I am sure that the people who are supposed to be strategic "thinkers" at BAF never considered anything apart from Russian/Chinese options till the US sanctions on Russia were put in place.
BN has been planning to incorporate Western sensors into their next-gen frigates ever since the Rohingya crisis of 2017 from all I have heard and read, maybe that was their plan all along.
It seems really strange that BD has one arm that seems to be so less competent than the other two. There may be some good reason this is the case that we armchair generals do not know about.

Interesting video of BAF helicopter pilots serving in UN mission in congo. I assume they are from BAF rather than BA.

This might be a stupid question but is it possible for BD to have Indigenous air capabilities by 2050?

@Avicenna

tell me why an airforce needs more than 4 squadron trainers when their offensive squadrons are less than 2 and goal is to have around 5 squadrons of varying roles? shalara trainer kinte kinte din katabe

This might be a stupid question but is it possible for BD to have Indigenous air capabilities by 2050?
at most good UAV tech... and if the setup at Lalmonirhat becomes a major aviation industry, perhaps something with TOT but not something completely indigenous

tell me why an airforce needs more than 4 squadron trainers when their offensive squadrons are less than 2 and goal is to have around 5 squadrons of varying roles? shalara trainer kinte kinte din katabe
Because BD has a bunch of pilot without fighter.s So they bought trainer to keep them in the sky.

Back
Top Bottom