What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Extremely unfortunate for BD her entire defense is compromised!! She is at the mercy of her hostile neighbors. For a reason some folks remain ever ready to eat “grass” to have a smoothly oiled military machine to take on the 7x larger arch enemy from the Eshep-i Sair (companions of the fire) within a moment’s notice with a motto like - you won’t be able to surprise us but we’ll surprise you, we won’t think about to retaliate we will retaliate etc....

Last edited:
Extremely unfortunate for BD her entire defense is compromised!! She is at the mercy of her hostile neighbors. For a reason some folks remain ever ready to eat “grass” to have a smoothly oiled military machine to take on the arch enemy from the Eshep-i Sair (companions of the fire) within a moment’s notice with a motto like - you won’t be able to surprise us but we’ll surprise you, we won’t think about to retaliate we will retaliate etc....
Compromise is an essential element in life, politics, war, and international/regional relationship. It is no use to be inflexible when we are too weak economically. A large military power requires a large amount of wealth infusion in the military. We are doing step by step, slow and steady. The future will see it is a pragmatic policy.

We all are fond of telling the story of Plassey but know little about the 1764 Battle of Buxar between (British + Mir Zafar) and (Nawab Mir Qasim of Bengal + Emperor Shah Alam + Nawab of Lukhnow). Mir Qasim had not yet fully trained his troops in the European system with the help of French, Portuguese or Armenian trainers.

But, like other hotheaded Muslims, he initiated a quarrel that finally caused the defeat of the combined troops in 1764. It is the year when Bengal was lost that ultimately caused the entire Hindustan also to be lost to the British.

Do you want this to be repeated? We should be thankful to get two chunks of land that are Muslim-majority. An immature fight will only cause their premature dismantling.

Sorry to be bearer of BAD news (if they weren't doing bad enough already!!!).

No Fighter Induction before 2021. We may "MAY" see new fighters in 2021.

The nearest possible date for negotiations is in November this year & early next year. So guys, stop torturing your fineselves & have a nice long nap.

Ba bye.

What is the source of this info?

And if true what do you think is the reason?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Imran Khan @Game.Invade @Marine Rouge @Aung Zaya @bluesky

All those pages of threads and big CERTAIN/CONFIRMED/SIGNED stuff.......leading to........:partay:.

We will now have more programming as usual of some random BAF ppl posing with brochures and cockpits.

This also btw is big reality check on BD economy to produce the actual deployable forex dollars w.r.t Taka GDP claim. Lot of BD People here don't get this (the govt can never be wrong on such things!)....but maybe they will later.
what happened early morning i thought BD got first batch of f-35 on eid day

Laugh all you want now.

But be sure to pass the sweets when you see an F-16, Typhoon or Gripen in BAF livery in 2021+.

This delay may be indicative of something along those lines.
why should we wait for 2021 lets have sweets and fun tonight. @Nilgiri n tu bhi ja ghareeb insaan :rofl:

B52-aero-india-2019-1800.jpg

ChinaStealth_1797557b.jpg

dp_8_31_su-57_pic_1.jpg

Eurofighter_Typhoon_AUT.jpg

643x0w.jpg

f-22-raptor-1200x800.jpg

5179277.jpg

06032019 F-35.jpg

XZ2YCVW37FEOTEREP3YTLDH4QQ.jpg

AP_Air_Force_One_again_emd_20150313_16x9_992.jpg

110311-F-CS383-003.JPG

Last edited:
What is the source of this info?

And if true what do you think is the reason?
Deductions from official release & some math.

Look here, if even we finalise a Russian order this year, they will take atleast two years to complete with first delivery after one year.

So you have order at 2019, delivery starts at late 2020 or early 2021. Sukhoi is busy with Egyptian order, then you have Indonesian & Burmese order

This timeline may get pushed further to first delivery in 2021 while delivery completes at 2023 if we go for Typhoons.

The fastest way here would be if we take the Russian offer and order Mig 29M like Egypt or old Su 27 from Sukhoi stock. This way we can start induction by mid to late 2020.

Money was never the issue, BAF has just taken a 'গোদাই লস্করি চাল' here.

Last edited:
Deductions from official release & some math.

Look here, if even we finalise a Russian order this year, they will take atleast two years to complete with first delivery after one year.

So you have order at 2019, delivery starts at late 2020 or early 2021.

This timeline may get pushed further to first delivery ain 2021 while delivery completes at 2023 if we go for Typhoons.

The fastest way here would be if we take the Russian offer and order Mig 29 M or old Su 27 from Sukhoi stock. This way we can start induction by mid to late 2020.

Money was never the issue here, BAF has just taken a "গোদাই লস্করি চাল ' here.

I agree with you about the timing.

There’s no need to rush so long as the decision is the correct one.

In any case, other things need to be addressed as well before the arrival of the airplanes.

Such as taking care of infrastructure, support and training needs.

Also, what better 50th year birthday present for Bangladesh than some fancy new fighters.

I agree with you about the timing.

There’s no need to rush so long as the decision is the correct one.

In any case, other things need to be addressed as well before the arrival of the airplanes.

Such as taking care of infrastructure, support and training needs.

Also, what better 50th year birthday present for Bangladesh than some fancy new fighters.
You just drove the final nail with 50' th anniversary thing.

Anyway UK defence chief's visit is due in November, hope there will be some moving forward.

It's quite embarrassing to see these childish responses and ridiculous claims here. Everytime some new plane is supposedly going to be procured and the members here act as if such and such plane has already been bought.

It's sad to see Bengalis act like this. We need greater maturity. Try to see how people discuss in other threads, maybe you will learn something.

It's quite embarrassing to see these childish responses and ridiculous claims here. Everytime some new plane is supposedly going to be procured and the members here act as if such and such plane has already been bought.

It's sad to see Bengalis act like this. We need greater maturity. Try to see how people discuss in other threads, maybe you will learn something.

Get lost with your condescension.

Why don't you start contribute that way then? If you have nothing to contribute other than this 'holier than thou' attitude, you are just a troll.

This particular guy has limited knowledge based on his posts in other threads.

In any case, he is completely off base by his rude post here.

I know my level of knowledge and I believe you are well informed as well.

His condescension really pissed me off quite honestly.

This particular guy has limited knowledge based on his posts in other threads.

In any case, he is completely off base by his rude post here.

I know my level of knowledge and I believe you are well informed as well.

His condescension really pissed me off quite honestly.
Let go, brother. Twenty nine days straight fasting had me at the edge there.

Eid Mubarak to all.

Back
Top Bottom