What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

It doesn't say 24 for 1 billion. the whole package is 1 billion, I assume, including other military thingis.

I don't know the first term but in the second term I think she only bought 16 F-7BG.

Yes, I have checked the purchase matter. The purchasing of F-7BGs was made during the last year of her 2nd term, in 2006. I hope, she already understands the aspirations of both the military and other patriotic people of BD that they want a militarily strong Bangladesh, and not just a few anti-India hollow rhetorics from her. So, BKZ should heed to these aspirations next time she is in power.

Yes, I have checked the purchase matter. The purchasing of F-7BGs was made during the last year of her 2nd term, in 2006. I hope, she already understands the aspirations of both the military and other patriotic people of BD that they want a militarily strong Bangladesh, and not just a few anti-India hollow rhetorics from her. So, BKZ should heed to these aspirations next time she is in power.

Bangladesh can never trust India and to at least defend themselves they need to have at least 300 to 350 4.5 generation planes along with very strong army and Navy

Bangladesh can never trust India and to at least defend themselves they need to have at least 300 to 350 4.5 generation planes along with very strong army and Navy

If my knowledge is correct BAF has 6 operational bases. Stationing 300 fighters at 6 bases does not seem militarily correct especially when the air bases are not well protected.

Also maintaining 300-350 aircraft might be beyond BAF resources.

If my knowledge is correct BAF has 6 operational bases. Stationing 300 fighters at 6 bases does not seem militarily correct especially when the air bases are not well protected.

sir they will have to develop sources otherwise they are sitting ducks and even smaller countries will start messing with them

sir they will have to develop sources otherwise they are sitting ducks and even smaller countries will start messing with them

BD has a small land area to protect from enemy bombardments. So, BAF has adopted a policy of placing mobile SAMs that will protect vital assets such as cantonements, cities, air-bases, airports, bridges, industries, tank formations etc. from enemy attack. It has already been about six months when BAF inducted the first few batteries of SAMs, but then, as usual, has no more divulged infomation on new purchase. But, there are reasons to believe it has inducted many more since then.

Only yesterday, I have read somewhere in a post sent by someone else whereby the PM talked about the induction of medium range SAMs, too. But, the SAM types are not known. In the immediate future BAF will certainly purchase also long-range SAMs.

Why do you guys are predcting a doom's day for BD? Where do you find enemy countries who will attack BD tomorrow so that we need 300 planes? We are not that vulnerable, at least not now, because we maintain peaceful relationship with our neighbours. Once there are findings of oil ad gas in the BoB there might be some changes in their attitudes if we do not get ourselves ready. So, by the next few years BAF may raise its arsenal of planes to probably 9 sqs or 144 units of 3.5+, and 4+ generation planes.

FC-1
r_2010012009511587447800.jpg

JH-7A
JH-7JH-7A+%2528FBC-1FBC-2%2529+Jianhong+Fighter-Bomber+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLAN%2529+and+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+%2528PLAAF%2529+Xian+tactical+Hong-7%2529++bKD-88+%2528KongDi-88%2529+Yingji-82+or+YJ-82+CSS-N-8+%25284%2529.jpg

J-10A/B
20120731-1343740942_16256.jpg

1235847937_3284.jpg

J-31
china_s_shenyang_j_31_stealth_fighter_by_generaltate-d5juzgs.jpg

I have a question in mind, if we buy 24 YAK 130, can BAF convert 16 YAK 130(which is 1 squadron) to fighter jets and use the other 8 to use as trainers?

So far I remember Yak is convertible as fighter which may act almost as Mig-29 at war time. Radar is plugable and also it will be able to carry weapons. So, all 24 can act as fighters whenever necessary :).

Yeah...might be. We started our navy back in 72 with one boat donated by india, now look at our navy. Similarly we started our air force with some crap back then, it now maintains 160 fighters. Once we might be able to house 400 4/4.5 gens fighters as well.

I have a question in mind, if we buy 24 YAK 130, can BAF convert 16 YAK 130(which is 1 squadron) to fighter jets and use the other 8 to use as trainers?

Yak-130 is a combat trainer with close air support capabilities. So yes, it does have some combat capability.

BAF is retiring its aging A-5's soon, and replace them with these. Having a common trainer platform as opposed to operating multiple platforms is a rational decision.

Here are Yak's armaments:
TO13.jpg

The first series-configuration Yak-130 and its weapon: R-73 air-to-air missiles, B-13L rocket pod and KAB-500Kr guided bomb (under the wing); RVV-AE air-to-air missile, B-8M1 rocket pod, Kh-25M air-to-surface misile, free fall bomb and UPK-23-250 gun pod (on the ground, right to left).
Source: A.S.Yakovlev Design Bureau –:– company –:– publications –:– articles

The Yak can also surprisingly fire Western munitions too!
The Yak-130 combat trainer can simulate the tactics of different combat aircraft. There is one centreline fuselage hardpoint and the number of wing hardpoints for the suspension of weapons payloads has been increased to eight with six underwing and two wingtip points, increasing the combat payload weight to 3,000kg.

The aircraft can carry weapons, suspended fuel tanks, reconnaissance pods and a range of electronic warfare pods including radar jammers and infrared countermeasures.

An open architecture avionics suite installed on the Yak-130 allows a wide range of western weapon systems and guided missiles to be integrated including the AIM-9L Sidewinder, Magic 2 and the AGM-65 Maverick.

Weapons fits include the Vikhr laser-guided missile, R-73 infrared-guided air-to-air missiles (Nato designation AA-11 Archer) and the Kh-25 ML (Nato designation AS-10 Karen) air-to-surface laser-guided missile. A Platan electro-optical guidance pod is installed under the fuselage for deployment of the KAB-500Kr guided bomb.

The aircraft is fitted with a 30mm GSh-301 cannon or a podded GSh-23 cannon installed under the fuselage. It can also deploy unguided B-8M and B-18 rockets, 250kg and 50kg bombs and cluster bombs.
Yak-130 Combat Trainer - Airforce Technology

Guided air-to-air missile...........................R-73 (Russian) Aim-9, Magic (Western)
Guided air-to-surface missile....................H-25 (Russian) AGM-65 (Western)
Pods with dart 57 mm missiles.................UB-32 (Russian) AL-25-50, LAU-51 (Western)
Bombs of 250-500 kg caliber....................FAB (Russian) Mk82, Mk83, SAMP-25 (Western)
Cluster munition.......................................RBK-500 (Russian) BL 755 (Western)
Laser-guided bombs.................................KAB-500 (Russian) Rockeye II (Western)
Gun pod....................................................GSh-23 (Russian) DEFA, Aden (Western)
Drop fuel tanks
Pod with laser-TV guidance system

Interesting, this Yak can be programmed to simulate both Russian and non-Russian 4th and 5th generation planes.

Can simulate the following aircraft:
  • Su-27
  • Su-30
  • MiG-29
  • F-15
  • F-16
  • F-18
  • F-35
  • Mirage
  • Rafale
  • And of-course, the Su-35, and PAK-FA/FGFA. The video above was made back in 2005.

Interesting, this Yak can be programmed to simulate both Russian and non-Russian 4th and 5th generation planes.

Can simulate the following aircraft:
  • Su-27
  • Su-30
  • MiG-29
  • F-15
  • F-16
  • F-18
  • F-35
  • Mirage
  • Rafale
  • And of-course, the Su-35, and PAK-FA/FGFA. The video above was made back in 2005.

Dude for information purposes..... How does the plane simulate other planes? Do you just select a program from a list?

and In Sha Allah in the coming Khaleda's time J-10B ;):yahoo:

Are they available for sale yet? I believe they come with Russian or Chinese engines. Is the latter engine fully ready and tested yet

Dude for information purposes..... How does the plane simulate other planes? Do you just select a program from a list?

Are they available for sale yet? I believe they come with Russian or Chinese engines. Is the latter engine fully ready and tested yet

We had a discussion on the current and future status of Chinese fighter plane engines and what may be available for Bangladesh in these threads:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...illion-domestic-jet-engine-plan-xinhua-3.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/239099-future-we-should-get-gripen-ng-our-af-27.html

Back
Top Bottom