What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Even Eurofighter and Rafale may have no real advantage over the J-10C that has an AESA radar, upgraded 137kN engine and very long range AAMs with 200km range.

I hope that is the case.

Time will tell.

Options are good for nations who don't have US or European options.

Even Eurofighter and Rafale may have no real advantage over the J-10C that has an AESA radar, upgraded 137kN engine and very long range AAMs with 200km range.
Yes. As predicted by Western sources.

Lol your comparing Rafale and Eurofighter to the F-15. How about the F-35? Forget about the F-22 since its not exportable.

Russian aircraft are reliable? Says who?

Chinese systems are new, unproven, and barely completely Chinese.

Post-WW2, American made hardware has DOMINATED the skies.
F-15 silent eagle... I would even give it an edge over Rafale or eurofigther at some instances.

Ask the Israelis about Russian aircrafts.

That I will agree about the Chinese but then hear me out with my next answer.

American made hardware were/are barely American... Evolutionary design development carried over by German scientist from operation paperclip. Even many french or British weapons of the past had German scientist behind its development. Can't take about present day.

Yea you are factually correct about German influence and origin over many post-WW2 achievements, both in the West and Soviet Union.

However, the US came up with the F-86, F-4, F-14,15,16,18, F-22, and now F-35. (as well as many other lesser known designs)

And for that matter, B-52, B-1, and B-2 with the B-21 under development.

Look at the kill ratios though all the conflicts between US made and non US made aircraft.

Granted there are ALOT of variable other than hardware, but except for some portions of Vietnam, its overwhelmingly in favor of the US made equipment.

Yea you are factually correct about German influence and origin over many post-WW2 achievements, both in the West and Soviet Union.

However, the US came up with the F-86, F-4, F-14,15,16,18, F-22, and now F-35. (as well as many other lesser known designs)

And for that matter, B-52, B-1, and B-2 with the B-21 under development.

Look at the kill ratios though all the conflicts between US made and non US made aircraft.

Granted there are ALOT of variable other than hardware, but except for some portions of Vietnam, its overwhelmingly in favor of the US made equipment.
Most US aircraft victories post 60s are against Arab nations.... Some of the biggest noobs...

B1 had German engineers research and development work behind it. Germans knew more of flying wing than any other nation.

I guess one factor that helped US pull an edge over Soviet Union is US's willingness to employ people of other ethinicity into their defence industries. For ex. Abdus sattars research on lightweught alloys have helped in development of f-14, f-15, f-16... And other fighters after that. Meanwhile Soviet union created hidden cities and closed them off from the world and engineers etc would only be employed from the residents of those cities. For ex Dnipropetrovsk where I love now is home to yuzhmash which developed Satan ICBM. Yuzhmash is highly underfunded company atm and now outsources work and builts rockets and other vehicles for nasa on budget.

So yeah it's Soviet unions iron curtain that ultimately led to this is crumbling.

B1 had German engineers research and development work behind it. Germans knew more of flying wing than any other nation.

If you are talking about flying wing then maybe you're talking about the B-2, not the B-1 which is a conventional aircraft.

The predecessor of the B-2 flying wing stealth bomber that inspired the design were several flying wings developed much earlier and which started testing at MUROC or Edwards AFB in 1947, developed not far from where I live now.

Many propulsion options were tried...(experimental designation for turbine engine driven prop flying wing was XB-35, and RB-49/YRB-49 for flying wings powered with turbojets). German scientists were not even on the scene in the US at the time - however Germans did develop their own flying wing bomber at the same time.

This is what they looked like back in the day in 1949...

XB-35
XB-35.jpg

YB-49
yb-49-7_300.jpg
d685b62a67076c9c615d3e7b433a12f9.jpg
7FB91FCB447B46A2B0A579B9758250D8.gif

German experimental WWII Flying Wing bomber Horten 229, a much, much smaller design. Never flown.
3LmTRU9.png

B2
NORTHROP_B-2.png

And here's the B-1B Lancer with wings swept full forward, a more conventional design.
B1s.jpg

Last edited:
If you are talking about flying wing then maybe you're talking about the B-2, not the B-1 which is a conventional aircraft.

The predecessor of the B-2 flying wing stealth bomber that inspired the design were several flying wings developed much earlier and which started testing at MUROC or Edwards AFB in 1947, developed not far from where I live now.

Many propulsion options were tried...(experimental designation for turbine engine driven prop flying wing was XB-35, and RB-49/YRB-49 for flying wings powered with turbojets). German scientists were not even on the scene in the US at the time - however Germans did develop their own flying wing bomber at the same time.

XB-35
XB-35.jpg

YB-49
yb-49-7_300.jpg

German experimental WWII Flying Wing bomber Horten 229, a much, much smaller design. Never flown.
3LmTRU9.png

B2
NORTHROP_B-2.png

And here's the B-1B Lancer with wings swept full forward, a more conventional design.
B1s.jpg

Nothing beats the TU-95 bear.
One of the engineering marble.

Most US aircraft victories post 60s are against Arab nations.... Some of the biggest noobs...

I guess one factor that helped US pull an edge over Soviet Union is US's willingness to employ people of other ethinicity into their defence industries. For ex. Abdus sattars research on lightweught alloys have helped in development of f-14, f-15, f-16... And other fighters after that. Meanwhile Soviet union created hidden cities and closed them off from the world and engineers etc would only be employed from the residents of those cities. For ex Dnipropetrovsk where I love now is home to yuzhmash which developed Satan ICBM. Yuzhmash is highly underfunded company atm and now outsources work and builts rockets and other vehicles for nasa on budget.

So yeah it's Soviet unions iron curtain that ultimately led to this is crumbling.

Maybe spending 12-14% of GDP on defence also had something to do with it?

Maybe spending 12-14% of GDP on defence also had something to do with it?
Soviets spent more than the west. But corruption within killed them.

XB-35
XB-35.jpg

YB-49
yb-49-7_300.jpg

3LmTRU9.png

B2
NORTHROP_B-2.png

B1s.jpg
Horten 229 did fly once. Was stored away due to budgetary restraints.
I'm sorry my bad. It's B2.
All the American research was done by American engineer and aviator. Later his work and Horten brothers research helped in B2 development. Horten's charcoal painted skin inspired development of new paint material used in b2, f22 and f-35 although the perfect forms of those paints are applied on b2 and f-35. Chemical composition varies and are classified.

Soviets spent more than the west. But corruption within killed them.

Any country that spent 12-14% of GDP on defence for 4 decades would collapse economically, corruption or no corruption. As a comparison US average was around 6% in the same period.

Any country that spent 12-14% of GDP on defence for 4 decades would collapse economically, corruption or no corruption. As a comparison US average was around 6% in the same period.
But US had a way larger economy and 6% of their spending was not far behind the soviets.

Nothing beats the TU-95 bear.
One of the engineering marble.

The Tu-95 was developed from the Tu-4 'Bull' which was a B-29 reverse copy ordered by Stalin.

http://www.moninoaviation.com/40a.html

Tu-4 like the B-29 had straight wings and radial engines.

Tu-95 introduced swept wings and huge contra-rotating air-screws (props) driven by massively powerful turboprops. Considered a technical marvel even today. Given right conditions, the Tu-95 can approach very high subsonic speeds which is amazing for a prop-powered bomber.

I WAS GOING TO ASK IN ARMY FORUM AS ITS POSTED THERE
WELL WHY IS THERE NO NEWS OF SU30 SME OR MIG35 OR SU35 OR SU37
IT WOULD BE IN THE SAME DEAL YEAH

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom