What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bangladesh can become more strategic than Taiwan or Cuba it it wants to. But we are smarter than that.
Bangladesh can buy F-16 if it wants to. F-16 just dont serve our own strategic thinking.
What deluded world do you live in man?

Old enough.

The question is how old r YOU?

Or rather do you even know what your taking about?

Old enough.

The question is how old r YOU?

Or rather do you even know what your taking about?

I live in this country. I lived in USA. I had witnessed a lot of things that you did not except some newspaper.
In 1973 BD acquired Mig-21 the most advanced fighter jets of that time.
BD played strategic, so it was respected as strategic.
If you play dummy yu will be treated as dummy. Now look into the mirror and tell me what you see.

A handsome devil.

I was born in Bangladesh but was raised in the US since I was a small child.

In terms of being a dummy, you have no idea how highly educated I am either by profession or my knowledge and interest in the things I discuss on PDF.

So please, let's discuss the points you raised in the most recent of one of your ridiculous posts.

Bangladesh can not buy F-16s.

A handsome devil.

I was born in Bangladesh but was raised in the US since I was a small child.

In terms of being a dummy, you have no idea how highly educated I am either by profession or my knowledge and interest in the things I discuss on PDF.

So please, let's discuss the points you raised in the most recent of one of your ridiculous posts.

Bangladesh can not buy F-16s.
Well, even if Bangladesh could. F-16s don't serve people any purpose anymore. America wouldn't be so willing to sell off everything to India if it hadn't met its end of development cycle or already had not met its performance threshold...
Ps. US is not a worthwhile option anymore... European and eastern options are far better with less cost.

Ps. Bangladesh didn't buy mig 21. They were gifted a squadron by then Soviet Union. Bangladesh also got type 59 tanks as gifts from Egypt after the war. We didn't buy much until the mid 80s.

Ps. Bangladesh didn't buy mig 21. They were gifted a squadron by then Soviet Union.
These Mig-21, AN -24/ 26, Mi-8 and radar equipment's were NOT gifted, rather these were purchased under BARTER trade, formally an arrangement between WARSAW Pact countries.

These Mig-21, AN -24/ 26, Mi-8 and radar equipment's were NOT gifted, rather these were purchased under BARTER trade, formally an arrangement between WARSAW Pact countries.
What did we have to provide in the BARTER trade? Jute or rice? Because afaik we were hit by a fsmine after the war!..?

The problem with US fighter aircraft is there are always political strings attached in some way or another. But in terms of actual military capability, you can't beat American hardware. It's best in the world.

And to this day, I would take a late model F-16 over anything else Russian or Chinese.

This of course does not include the J-20 which is not appropriate or available to Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Well, even if Bangladesh could. F-16s don't serve people any purpose anymore. America wouldn't be so willing to sell off everything to India if it hadn't met its end of development cycle or already had not met its performance threshold...
Ps. US is not a worthwhile option anymore... European and eastern options are far better with less cost.

Ps. Bangladesh didn't buy mig 21. They were gifted a squadron by then Soviet Union. Bangladesh also got type 59 tanks as gifts from Egypt after the war. We didn't buy much until the mid 80s.

European options are WAY more expensive than American ones.

And Russian and Chinese ones are qualitatively inferior.

Chinese airplanes like J-10C are inferior than latest F-16s?

You have no evidence to make that assertion at all.

Yea i don't other than history and track record.

But in addition to individual aircraft is the integration and sharing of info between systems as well as training.

In short, a lot of variables that affect the outcome of any engagement.

We on the outside have uber superficial knowlege of these matters based on "specs".

But at the eyeball test level, if I had a choice, I would go American every single time.

European options like Rafale or eurofigjter are more expensive but they're equal to fifth gen or the latest f-15 developments etc which have been slayed at a more higher price for purchase.
Russian systems are superior WVR. BVR they still lack behind the west.... It's stupid to dismiss rissian aircrafts as qualitatively interior. They're like the over engineered Mercedes from the 60s and 80s. Extremely reliable. (except mig 29 lol)

Chinese are lacking behind but the tech they're currently developing are some of the best with j-10c slated by Western observers to be superior to f-16

Lol your comparing Rafale and Eurofighter to the F-15. How about the F-35? Forget about the F-22 since its not exportable.

Russian aircraft are reliable? Says who?

Chinese systems are new, unproven, and barely completely Chinese.

Post-WW2, American made hardware has DOMINATED the skies.

Chinese are lacking behind but the tech they're currently developing are some of the best with j-10c slated by Western observers to be superior to f-16

Even Eurofighter and Rafale may have no real advantage over the J-10C that has an AESA radar, upgraded 137kN engine and very long range AAMs with 200km range.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom