What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

A lot of Soviet fighters back in the day (including very early MiG and Sukhoi designs) benefited from German WWII research and resident German scientists' work in Russia itself post-war on jet aircraft.

That - alongwith the British 'mistake' of exporting the then new whittle turbojet powerplant to Russia, which the Russians copied immediately, helped the Russians become the forerunners of jet fighter development alongwith the west.

I WAS GOING TO ASK IN ARMY FORUM AS ITS POSTED THERE
WELL WHY IS THERE NO NEWS OF SU30 SME OR MIG35 OR SU35 OR SU37
IT WOULD BE IN THE SAME DEAL YEAH

I don't think it will be in the same deal that is rumored to happen when Medvedev arrives. The deal with medvedev is assumed to be another $1B credit line to purchase different equipment for the Army mainly.
As for the 8+4 MRCA, I think BAF will purchase those using the $500M credit line from India. But, I'm also confused about one thing "why has there been no news on this?". Su-30SME was supposedly confirmed(well some may argue about valid source on that). Still there should be some news about the MRCA as BAF itself floated a tender!!!
Can anyone shed some more light on this issue?

I don't think it will be in the same deal that is rumored to happen when Medvedev arrives. The deal with medvedev is assumed to be another $1B credit line to purchase different equipment for the Army mainly.
As for the 8+4 MRCA, I think BAF will purchase those using the $500M credit line from India. But, I'm also confused about one thing "why has there been no news on this?". Su-30SME was supposedly confirmed(well some may argue about valid source on that). Still there should be some news about the MRCA as BAF itself floated a tender!!!
Who knows maybe it has been ordered but not announced publicly yet... maybe they ordered 12 altogether and want to play it quiet?

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
3 hrs ·
2666.png
♦Good News From BAF
2666.png

বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনী তাদের বহরে থাকা প্রায় nearly all Aircrafts সব বিমানের এভিয়োনিক্স এবং স্পেয়ার পার্টসের BAF hasfloated tender for Avionics and Spares for জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করেছে।

দরপত্রে যেসব যুদ্ধবিমান,পরিবহন বিমান ও হেলিকপ্টারের উল্লেখ আছে তা হলো-

2666.png
♦Fighter-
MiG-29B
2666.png
♦Fighter Trainer-
Yak-130,K-8w

2666.png
♦Trainer
PT-6

2666.png
♦Transport
LET-410 Turbolet, C-130B Hercules

2666.png
♦Helicopters
Mi-17/171/171sh series, Bell-212, AW-139

এ সবগুলো বিমান ও হেলিকপ্টারের এভিয়োনিক্স এবং স্পেয়ার পার্টসের জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করা হয়েছে।
20525448_1432321826856246_6097261480510151556_n.jpg

Who knows maybe it has been ordered but not announced publicly yet... maybe they ordered 12 altogether and want to play it quiet?
Playing it quiet from whom, its on Indian loans?

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
3 hrs ·
2666.png
♦Good News From BAF
2666.png

বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনী তাদের বহরে থাকা প্রায় nearly all Aircrafts সব বিমানের এভিয়োনিক্স এবং স্পেয়ার পার্টসের BAF hasfloated tender for Avionics and Spares for জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করেছে।

দরপত্রে যেসব যুদ্ধবিমান,পরিবহন বিমান ও হেলিকপ্টারের উল্লেখ আছে তা হলো-

2666.png
♦Fighter-
MiG-29B
2666.png
♦Fighter Trainer-
Yak-130,K-8w

2666.png
♦Trainer
PT-6

2666.png
♦Transport
LET-410 Turbolet, C-130B Hercules

2666.png
♦Helicopters
Mi-17/171/171sh series, Bell-212, AW-139

এ সবগুলো বিমান ও হেলিকপ্টারের এভিয়োনিক্স এবং স্পেয়ার পার্টসের জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করা হয়েছে।
20525448_1432321826856246_6097261480510151556_n.jpg

Playing it quiet from whom, its on Indian loans?
No but they keep questioning our decisions, maybe to avoid any explanations altogether.

I was looking at some BAF F-7BGI pics. I have to say its a really pretty airplane. Especially in the two-tone gray.

Does anybody have cockpit pics of the BGI?

Are you sure? Because what I've heard, the Su-30SMEs will be purchased with our own money while the Indian loan will be used to purchase some Mig-35s to complete the Mig squadron according to some rumours.

Are you sure? Because what I've heard, the Su-30SMEs will be purchased with our own money while the Indian loan will be used to purchase some Mig-35s to complete the Mig squadron according to some rumours.

well tbh I'm not sure about it, since it's just rumors and assumptions. but what puzzles me more is the news of procuring mig-35 you just mentioned! are you sure about this?!!
because when the rumor of $1B with China was floating around almost everyone of us in the forum were talking about the su-30sme and j-10b combination that was supposed to have been selected for BAF. mig-35 was completely out of the picture AFAIR!!
and IMO I think migs are a bad choice since mig-29 has a terrible track record for maintenance issues and mig-35 an evolution of the earlier may not be any better in this particular area. although the mig-35 is a far better aircraft compared to mig-29 as the specs suggest!!!

well tbh I'm not sure about it, since it's just rumors and assumptions. but what puzzles me more is the news of procuring mig-35 you just mentioned! are you sure about this?!!
because when the rumor of $1B with China was floating around almost everyone of us in the forum were talking about the su-30sme and j-10b combination that was supposed to have been selected for BAF. mig-35 was completely out of the picture AFAIR!!
and IMO I think migs are a bad choice since mig-29 has a terrible track record for maintenance issues and mig-35 an evolution of the earlier may not be any better in this particular area. although the mig-35 is a far better aircraft compared to mig-29 as the specs suggest!!!

J-10Bs are confirmed and it's a separate deal. So is Su-30SME. The Mig-35 part is still a rumour as we haven't heard anything about how the Indian loan will be utilized.

J-10Bs are confirmed and it's a separate deal. So is Su-30SME. The Mig-35 part is still a rumour as we haven't heard anything about how the Indian loan will be utilized.

Agreed on the j-10b and the su-30sme.
but my question is, why go for mig-35 when we already chose the earlier two platforms. just for the sake of completing the mig-29 squadron the eight of which have already spent more than half of their lifespan is not a very good idea!
IMO, after building up on the j-10b and su-30sme platforms BAF should go for 5th gen. platforms that will be on offer in the future from China.

but my question is, why go for mig-35 when we already chose the earlier two platforms. just for the sake of completing the mig-29 squadron the eight of which have already spent more than half of their lifespan is not a very good idea!
IMO, after building up on the j-10b and su-30sme platforms BAF should go for 5th gen. platforms that will be on offer in the future from China.

I cannot see the future BAF fleet having any room for Mig-29. Having too many types is a logistics nightmare.

Expect J-10B, SU-30SME and J-31s flying in BAF in the future

I cannot see the future BAF fleet having any room for Mig-29. Having too many types is a logistics nightmare.

Expect J-10B, SU-30SME and J-31s flying in BAF in the future

About the j-31, I saw in Chinese forums that the development of the project is somewhat uneasy now! do you have any info on this?!!

Again, it's just a rumour. I believe the speculation came from Russia's offer to both Bangladesh and India for selling Mig 35s.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom