What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

For our Bangladesh friend, I have some inquiries on the engine used on F-7BGI. Is the engine WP-13F or the more modern WP-14 Kunlun engine? There is large number of unreliable source stating its still using the under powered WP-13F engine. Since Bangladesh F-7 supposed to be the last series of the legendary J-7 series which is also the most advanced version. I supposed the engine also received a significant upgrade that included engine.

WP-13 and WP-14 engine are hell lot different in terms of perfomance. WP-13F is an uprated modernised of Russian R-11 engine for Mig. While WP-14 Kunlun is a brand new engine with no link to R-11 and has different core with design IP right held by the Chinese which offer 50% more thrust than WP-13F.

From my Chinese source, WP-14 is still being manufactured and used even now. The targeted aircraft will be the old remaining J-8F and the JL-9G advanced trainer. I supposed BAF shall have no reason to accept a F-7BGI with a old WP-13F engine that will have 50% less thrust compare to WP-14 Kunlun engine. WP-14 Kunlun estimated to have a dry thrust of 6000kg and afterburner of 8600-9000kg of max thrust. It will offer F-7BGI tremendous increase performance in ascending acceleration, cruising speed and turn rate.

There is a news of WP-14 kunlun used by PLAAF for its J-7G in the 2009 but other than that, there is very little disclosed by PLAAF and BAF regarding this engine. It is only recently, a PLAAF sponsor documentary that shed some light on WP-14 kunlun engine which still exist and apparently used by PLAAF for its aircraft. I supposed BAF are too using such engine but there is no confirmation.

http://china-defense.blogspot.sg/2009/06/making-plaafs-quartermaster-happy.html

WP-14 Kunlun engine
WP-14 Kunlun.jpg

For our Bangladesh friend, I have some inquiries on the engine used on F-7BGI. Is the engine WP-13F or the more modern WP-14 Kunlun engine? There is large number of unreliable source stating its still using the under powered WP-13F engine. Since Bangladesh F-7 supposed to be the last series of the legendary J-7 series which is also the most advanced version. I supposed the engine also received a significant upgrade that included engine.

WP-13 and WP-14 engine are hell lot different in terms of perfomance. WP-13F is an uprated modernised of Russian R-11 engine for Mig. While WP-14 Kunlun is a brand new engine with no link to R-11 and has different core with design IP right held by the Chinese which offer 50% more thrust than WP-13F.

From my Chinese source, WP-14 is still being manufactured and used even now. The targeted aircraft will be the old remaining J-8F and the JL-9G advanced trainer. I supposed BAF shall have no reason to accept a F-7BGI with a old WP-13F engine that will have 50% less thrust compare to WP-14 Kunlun engine. WP-14 Kunlun estimated to have a dry thrust of 6000kg and afterburner of 8600-9000kg of max thrust. It will offer F-7BGI tremendous increase performance in ascending acceleration, cruising speed and turn rate.

There is a news of WP-14 kunlun used by PLAAF for its J-7G in the 2009 but other than that, there is very little disclosed by PLAAF and BAF regarding this engine. It is only recently, a PLAAF sponsor documentary that shed some light on WP-14 kunlun engine which still exist and apparently used by PLAAF for its aircraft. I supposed BAF are too using such engine but there is no confirmation.

http://china-defense.blogspot.sg/2009/06/making-plaafs-quartermaster-happy.html

WP-14 Kunlun engine
View attachment 405344
we are still using WP-13.... that's what was provided in the package atleast, on the older MB variant.

we are still using WP-13.... that's what was provided in the package atleast, on the older MB variant.
Any confirmation from reliable source or link? WP-13 will hardly offer ground breaking performance if really used on F-7BGI.

Any confirmation from reliable source or link? WP-13 will hardly offer ground breaking performance if really used on F-7BGI.
WP-14 is also used on a new fighter that's based on f-7... which was offered to sudan. i am not really sure about the once that's in BGI and BGs

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom