What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

calm titas... we got tank upgrade kits from paksitan. a few years back... yes when she was in power....

Link? I thought those were from China.

we want planes that were manufactured no earlier than January of this year...

Oh ok....its listed in the requirement somewhere it has to be pretty much brand new?

we thought an early leak would make it easier for you swallow the pill....
too bad that its not working on you.... hate to feel its gonna be tough for you once it happens....
we hope you won't complain to your Uncle Trump once something like that materializes....

Like I said, all kinds of things are "leaked" and never materialise in BD. A very poor strike rate, just like your cricket team :D.

Whatever you acquire, previously leaked or not, means next to nothing, given:

a) the number (so low!), thus low starting capability

b) lack of dedicated C4I network, degrades the puny capability further

c) we have the vice in a much more important area :enjoy:, the capability never mattered in first place :D

On f16,s i dont think getting them would be that easy it will take time and will cost them a hefty amount

Yah what I am saying is that the BD military rumor mill will probably churn it out at some point :P....its just my observation so far.

does bd even having a plan to introduce AWACS?

Link? I thought those were from China.

Oh ok....its listed in the requirement somewhere it has to be pretty much brand new?

Like I said, all kinds of things are "leaked" and never materialise in BD. A very poor strike rate, just like your cricket team :D.

Whatever you acquire, previously leaked or not, means next to nothing, given:

a) the number (so low!), thus low starting capability

b) lack of dedicated C4I network, degrades the puny capability further

c) we have the vice in a much more important area :enjoy:, the capability never mattered in first place :D

Yah what I am saying is that the BD military rumor mill will probably churn it out at some point :P....its just my observation so far.
yeah... that's compulsory...
i really dont have a source atm... but the t62 g i guess? those were upgraded with pakistani fire control and fire damage/NBC protection suit....

i really dont have a source atm... but the t62 g i guess? those were upgraded with pakistani fire control and fire damage/NBC protection suit....

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/type-69-mk-ii-g-main-battle-tank.17482/

The Type 69 Mk. II G is a rebuilt Type 69 II with modern armaments and combat systems supplied by China.

All Bangladesh Army Type 59/69/79 MBTs are being upgraded to this new standard at present locally at the Army’s Heavy Workshop facility, which is capable of building and modernising tanks, armoured vehicles and artillery systems.

It is what is said in other forums too.

does bd even having a plan to introduce AWACS?

Anything on forces plan 2030 regarding it? :D

The Type 69 Mk. II G is a rebuilt Type 69 II with modern armaments and combat systems supplied by China.

All Bangladesh Army Type 59/69/79 MBTs are being upgraded to this new standard at present locally at the Army’s Heavy Workshop facility, which is capable of building and modernising tanks, armoured vehicles and artillery systems.

i believe at least half of them are upgraded from pakistani kits... the caretaker govt even paid for it... there has been post in this website... but no further infos

nah don;t think so...

i believe at least half of them are upgraded from pakistani kits... the caretaker govt even paid for it... there has been post in this website... but no further infos

No idea about it tbh, the info is so hazy and sketchy like many parts of BD military. Besides now you are saying its caretaker govt, so if it is true its not a stretch (esp if simply allowing follow on from previous BNP). The real haseena juice started only after she took full control and had more of her clique in the right military positions.

No idea about it tbh, the info is so hazy and sketchy like many parts of BD military. Besides now you are saying its caretaker govt, so if it is true its not a stretch (esp if simply allowing follow on from previous BNP). The real haseena juice started only after she took full control and had more of her clique in the right military positions.
i mean the care takers payed for it... that's also when we got the assault rifle manufacturing plant started... the kits arrived during hasina's reign....

From what i observed following their political events they have a tussle between Hadsina and ARMY and their ARMY has sympathies with opposition parties so yeah we cant day anything with 100% certainity when govt is at war with its institutions and SU,30 costs even more than j10 and has a higher operational cost so i would put a big no on it that leaves us with only jf17 and j10

That is partially true. Historically Army has been a bit BNP-leaning, due to the legacy of Ziaur Rahman. As a result of which, you would notice that Hasina makes a substantial amount of effort to please the military. Massive upgrades, procurement, benefits etc.. things that have never materialized during Khaleda Zia. As a result, Hasina has managed to keep the military relatively quiet. There is a political reason behind such massive spending and that is to ensure military does not act against her.

I personally dont think Myanmar having a deal for jf17 will be a major issue but i think she will avoid it be ause of the Pakistani element only maybe if govg changes we may see positive change but for the time being i only see MOU,s over stuff that wont be bought in near future with politics being biggest reason

I highly doubt this govt. will buy JF-17. Not saying its a bad plane but J-10/20 is better. Would fit our doctrine of 'look-China' policy. Unless this govt. changes, defence relations with Pakistan would be at minimal. But this is politics and everyone changes colors within the blink of an eye. I would not be surprised if she buys JF-17 for whatever unknown reason.

I have received a warning from the moderator named The Eagle that I insulted Pakistan/Pakistani by calling them savages and racist during a tit for tat conservation. Interestingly that thread was all about throwing dirt and I replied when some **** insulted by motherland using abusive words.
Anyway yesterday the very same moderator deleted my massages implying similar staff. If he really had such a thing that thread, he could have just closed it. Also whenever similar dirty exchanges between Indians and us happens I hardly see any moderator nearby! He is a **** himself and that irritates him, understandable. But two different treatment for similar situations, not buying it.
Anyway I have decided to leave this forum as I believe it is failing to serve the purpose. I also see many elements of pure Racism persist here from the forum administrators. All the Best for Everybody. This is rome333. THANK YOU.

You are responsible for your offense and one wrong wouldn't make other right. Rest about your language in this post, let me remind you politely first that don't ever use such language when quoting me.

You do that again and see the action and still, I am ignoring this for last time that you may correct yourself rather than playing a victim card. You use abusive and inappropriate language against others and yet justify the same as you did that in a reply so you think that is plausible, NO. I could have taken action against you for this but still, as a courtesy, leaving you with a chance to correct yourself.

If you find any post in violation, report the same without quoting back and move on. The one who looses the arguments, stoop to such level of conversation by insulting others now it is up-to you how you take part in debate and conversations.

Thanks

see, we know where we are..... and its not in our habit to inflate things that is not a reality.... we do have our limitations, which we don't portray as our strong points, and we aim to rectify those.... we simply can't afford to portray ourselves like a "balloon state", e.g. India.... we don't claim for things that we are not....

the difference between Bangladesh and its ungainly weak neighbour is that everything here counts, whereas a percentage of things count over there.... the people in that large state are unable to understand how it feels to have everything count on your side.... and on the other hand, they are on the receiving end of that.... even a small fishing trawler from this side near its other neighbour on the other side gives them sleepless nights..... they always have to think of string of pearls, string of laddu, or whatever.... thats all because pearls/laddu everything counts here.... anything and everything is able to scare the big ungainly weak neighbour.... the things that were "supposed" to happen, but didn't happen - these were to feed into your imagination and also into your false sense of security (that it doesn't exist or not gonna happen)....

the secret here for us is that never kill someone who's always afraid of you.....

see, we know where we are..... and its not in our habit to inflate things that is not a reality.... we do have our limitations, which we don't portray as our strong points, and we aim to rectify those.... we simply can't afford to portray ourselves like a "balloon state", e.g. India.... we don't claim for things that we are not....

the difference between Bangladesh and its ungainly weak neighbour is that everything here counts, whereas a percentage of things count over there.... the people in that large state are unable to understand how it feels to have everything count on your side.... and on the other hand, they are on the receiving end of that.... even a small fishing trawler from this side near its other neighbour on the other side gives them sleepless nights..... they always have to think of string of pearls, string of laddu, or whatever.... thats all because pearls/laddu everything counts here.... anything and everything is able to scare the big ungainly weak neighbour.... the things that were "supposed" to happen, but didn't happen - these were to feed into your imagination and also into your false sense of security (that it doesn't exist or not gonna happen)....

the secret here for us is that never kill someone who's always afraid of you.....

Well said Sir - well said. :enjoy:

First jf-17 not happening, we are ready to sell, its BD who will not buy.
Second, no country is giving you TOT unless you buy above 100s. Even than its mostly Assembly. Look at su 30 deal for example

China will be a bit hesitant selling it top of the line fighters like J 10s plus finances, cost is twice that of jf-17 but still jf 17 not happening in current govt

it needs a few spankings which we administer when required. :enjoy: But its a physical trauma victim from birth, so we go easy.....dont worry (but still discipline is needed, what to do?)
don't wish for so early....
its coming in your way..... be patient.... he he

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom