What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

So, we are going for JF-17/FC-1! Not J-10!

It's just a model. noting more, nothing less. If BAF really had a plan to show off FC 1 model as future procurement than we would've seen BAF roundel on this model's tail.

BAL will not go for jf 17s, its just politics before SHW visiting India to make them agree in some issues. BAF might go for j 10b and it will be su 30 for MRCA, mig 35 would be a good choice but delivery wont be possible before 2019 and BAF wont wait so such. so j 10b and su 30.

Baf opponent has selected JF and may go in big numbers compared to baf which has total of 2-3 fighter /fighter bomber Sqn chances are slim but you never know Su-30 looks like replacing mig-29 and not f7s and a5s , not sure if a5s are operational ??

Baf opponent has selected JF and may go in big numbers compared to baf which has total of 2-3 fighter /fighter bomber Sqn chances are slim but you never know Su-30 looks like replacing mig-29 and not f7s and a5s , not sure if a5s are operational ??
su 30s are not replacing migs as BAF is going to upgrade those migs. a5s are not operational and BAF is going to replace its aging fleet of f7s by j 10s

Let hope your right. That would be great, considering Qatar paid $7bn for 24 rafales ($291m each), india bought 36 rafales for $8bn ($222m each) and Egypt paid god knows what for their 24.
Myanmar spent $ 620 m for 12 JF 17 (almost $ 52m each) although the cost of a single plane is just around $30m. So if BD consider J 10, you will have to pay not less than $100m for each bird I guess.

Myanmar spent $ 620 m for 12 JF 17 (almost $ 52m each) although the cost of a single plane is just around $30m. So if BD consider J 10, you will have to pay not less than $100m for each bird I guess.
Myanmar Deal also includes local assembly. That's not the case for J 10.

Generally the cost also includes training, spares and weapon systems.

Bangladesh won't be paying somewhat more than 70 -80 million per unit (weapons, spare, training included).

myanmar is getting that at those price probably because of the talks with tot that's on the table too

$620 million for 12 JF... do you have a link?

sounds like sukhoi territory to me tbh.
Yep. The cost of JF 17 is just around $30m. But if you consider armaments, pilot trainings, flight simulator, ground facilities and spare parts, the cost of a new type of aircraft normally goes up.

Yep. The cost of JF 17 is just around $30m. But if you consider armaments, pilot trainings, flight simulator, ground facilities and spare parts, the cost of a new type of aircraft normally goes up.
then dont you think getting some sukhois for that money would have been much better... or y'all could have got the assembly/production plant of f-7 when it shut down.... it was offered to us....

then dont you think getting some sukhois for that money would have been much better... or y'all could have got the assembly/production plant of f-7 when it shut down.... it was offered to us....

well, do you think if Myanmar bought Sukhoi, there could be Pakistan in this discussion?.... no....
the issue is, selling JF-17 to Myanmar has a much bigger political benefit for India and the USA... that way, there can be an argument that BAF shouldn't go for JF-17/FC-1....

remember, India is quite happy with BAF going for Russian jets rather than Chinese/Pak jets....

politics decides sources of platforms....

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom