What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

J-10, JF-17, J-10, JF-17.....on and on it goes....

Maybe BAF figured it can earn some much needed revenue from this revolving door of its enthusiasts lol....by keeping them guessing....and then boom...some really limited purchase with no ToT in the end (as usual).

Poor SOB's the lot of ya. Some of you already invested so much into saying the JF-17 is less agile, crap, blah blah (just because Myanmar getting them obv)...its almost like a win-win for everyone else no matter what is finally picked by this utter farce that is BD military/govt....if anything is picked at all beyond the Su-30 (and has even that finally been officially confirmed/finalised/signed ?)

J-10, JF-17, J-10, JF-17.....on and on it goes....

Maybe BAF figured it can earn some much needed revenue from this revolving door of its enthusiasts lol....by keeping them guessing....and then boom...some really limited purchase with no ToT in the end (as usual).

Poor SOB's the lot of ya. Some of you already invested so much into saying the JF-17 is less agile, crap, blah blah (just because Myanmar getting them obv)...its almost like a win-win for everyone else no matter what is finally picked by this utter farce that is BD military/govt....if anything is picked at all beyond the Su-30 (and has even that finally been officially confirmed/finalised/signed ?)
i will still say jf-17 is not upto the mark... if something it's more like a remodeled f-7....and not because it's pakistani, oh no!

i will still say jf-17 is not upto the mark... if something it's more like a remodeled f-7....and not because it's pakistani, oh no!

Then why has it even entered the scenario? Is the J-10 production line closed or something?

I know China can probably pump out JF-17 CKD/SKD for BD assembly (along lines of PAC which now PDF members claim has moved to near full manufacturing past the engine), but has BD even put in an official number of how many they are looking for? Because it (local assembly) would make little to no sense if its just like 1 squadron (because thats probably what China could churn out itself for the cheapest cost).

Also tell me, has Su-30 been officially signed...for 12 aircraft?

Then why has it even entered the scenario? Is the J-10 production line closed or something?

I know China can probably pump out JF-17 CKD/SKD for BD assembly (along lines of PAC which now PDF members claim has moved to near full manufacturing past the engine), but has BD even put in an official number of how many they are looking for? Because it (local assembly) would make little to no sense if its just like 1 squadron (because thats probably what China could churn out itself for the cheapest cost).

first news spread about chinese delegations coming to bd for j-10 sales... bdmilitary post the rumor of pk requesting chinese to block off j-10 sales and kaboom... we are here....

pk does make the whole aircraft themselves now sans engine.... china has moved most of the productions to pk with prototype only still developed and flown in chengdu....
and i don't know how it's reasonable for china to allocate a production line for manufacturing just 16 fighters for us in their country either with no other foreign customers in sight....

it seems to me this is all just guessing game with words jumping around from peoples mouth.... i would still place my bet on j-10 provided we are getting the sukhois..... otherwise it just doesnt make sense

Am i the only one who thinks BD will go for L-15 instead of Jf-17?

first news spread about chinese delegations coming to bd for j-10 sales... bdmilitary post the rumor of pk requesting chinese to block off j-10 sales and kaboom... we are here....

pk does make the whole aircraft themselves now sans engine.... china has moved most of the productions to pk with prototype only still developed and flown in chengdu....
and i don't know how it's reasonable for china to allocate a production line for manufacturing just 16 fighters for us in their country either with no other foreign customers in sight....

it seems to me this is all just guessing game with words jumping around from peoples mouth.... i would still place my bet on j-10 provided we are getting the sukhois..... otherwise it just doesnt make sense

OK so you are saying 16 is the requirement on top of the 12 SU-30 (and can you tell me if Su-30 has been signed)?

Was Mig-35 also looked at regarding this 16? Or it has to be single engine fighter? I mean whats wrong by doing it by weight class?

Has Chinese local production of J-10 stopped?

It says on wiki that 400 were produced so far and about 264 are in operation....so I'm guessing the difference are chinese reserves/immediate export on order.

Couldn't the 16 thus potentially come out of this remainder? It would make for quicker delivery.

I think Chinese were expecting a lot more sales....but I am not up to date on the J-10 B (supposed export - only) program....if its continued (open) or scrapped or what....regarding the production line.

I doubt it....given they have the Yak-130 assigned in the role already.
Will Fake Hasina really kill her years of anti Pakistan image by purchasing something that directly results in funding Pakistan,s military?
I dont think so
Maybe she will go for J-10 but it costs more

Will Fake Hasina really kill her years of anti Pakistan image by purchasing something that directly results in funding Pakistan,s military?
I dont think so

BD military/govt chain is really questionable. There are endless rumor mills and competing paranoia at this early on stage (because you are talking about massive amount of enthusiasts per actual realised defense item on ground compared to most other militaries).

They even supposedly leaked some draft defense MOU with India.....like WTF. So yeah everything with enough salt.

Even with the Su-30 I will wait for the deal to be signed and the ink to dry before I take it into consideration.

As for JF-17, yup I would have next to no faith in that happening for BD....given what you stated and also Myanmar getting it (they are annoyed enough as it is that Myanmar also got Yak-130).

J-10 pricier sure....but at lease some semblance of reality given there seems to be spare stocks of them sitting around in the first place....so 16 should be no biggie....esp with some generous chinese loan (as usual) to help.

But for time being even that is just speculation now....just like if suddenly it comes they are looking at reserve stock F-16 (though unlikely given NATO system footprint is very small in BD military) etc...

As for JF-17, yup I would have next to no faith in that happening for BD....

we thought an early leak would make it easier for you swallow the pill....
too bad that its not working on you.... hate to feel its gonna be tough for you once it happens....
we hope you won't complain to your Uncle Trump once something like that materializes....

OK so you are saying 16 is the requirement on top of the 12 SU-30 (and can you tell me if Su-30 has been signed)?

Was Mig-35 also looked at regarding this 16? Or it has to be single engine fighter? I mean whats wrong by doing it by weight class?

Has Chinese local production of J-10 stopped?

It says on wiki that 400 were produced so far and about 264 are in operation....so I'm guessing the difference are chinese reserves/immediate export on order.

Couldn't the 16 thus potentially come out of this remainder? It would make for quicker delivery.

I think Chinese were expecting a lot more sales....but I am not up to date on the J-10 B (supposed export - only) program....if its continued (open) or scrapped or what....regarding the production line.
16 we need, to replace those f-7 mbs.... i believe we have 12 or 14 of them now because they crashed....
j-10 is a medium class fighter... mig 35, i really don;t know maybe because it makes more sense to have a plane with same engine... su-30 and j-10 than two different... mig 35 and su-30... and count the existing mig -29 on top of that... yes RD-33 but they're still the 1st gen version on our mig-29

no, j-10 production didn;t stop

idk... maybe the difference is for export... maybe it;s not... but then... we want planes that were manufactured no earlier than January of this year...

j-10 B is the more advanced version of the plane which wasn;t cleared for export until recently.... so yeah!

china seems to be focusing to replace j-10B with j-31... but then again... i would rather hop in a j-10 than a j31 because of concerns with it's range and aerodynamic inefficiencies....

BD military/govt chain is really questionable. There are endless rumor mills and competing paranoia at this early on stage (because you are talking about massive amount of enthusiasts per actual realised defense item on ground compared to most other militaries).

They even supposedly leaked some draft defense MOU with India.....like WTF. So yeah everything with enough salt.

Even with the Su-30 I will wait for the deal to be signed and the ink to dry before I take it into consideration.

As for JF-17, yup I would have next to no faith in that happening for BD....given what you stated and also Myanmar getting it (they are annoyed enough as it is that Myanmar also got Yak-130).

J-10 pricier sure....but at lease some semblance of reality given there seems to be spare stocks of them sitting around in the first place....so 16 should be no biggie....esp with some generous chinese loan (as usual) to help.

But for time being even that is just speculation now....just like if suddenly it comes they are looking at reserve stock F-16 (though unlikely given NATO system footprint is very small in BD military) etc...
From what i observed following their political events they have a tussle between Hadsina and ARMY and their ARMY has sympathies with opposition parties so yeah we cant day anything with 100% certainity when govt is at war with its institutions and SU,30 costs even more than j10 and has a higher operational cost so i would put a big no on it that leaves us with only jf17 and j10
I personally dont think Myanmar having a deal for jf17 will be a major issue but i think she will avoid it be ause of the Pakistani element only maybe if govg changes we may see positive change but for the time being i only see MOU,s over stuff that wont be bought in near future with politics being biggest reason
On f16,s i dont think getting them would be that easy it will take time and will cost them a hefty amount

I dont think so
calm titas... we got tank upgrade kits from paksitan. a few years back... yes when she was in power....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom