What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

jf-17 was bought up back in 2008 but then we requested for j-10s at that time... china had internal demand to meet and so it didn't lead up anywhere, we settled for f-7BGIs instead... back then jf-17 was new to the market too i believe!?
With squadrons of J10, BAF can confidently look to its east and even west.

And the Frenchies initially wanted $12bil from the Indians. I get the Rafale is absolutely brilliant - but, bloody hell.
the french are "greedy bustards" at least according to the british who condemn their greedyness over rhineland after WW1.

Will be completely amazed if BAF goes for both Su-30 variant and J-10 variant.

But I HIGHLY doubt this. Also it would not make much sense. Why such a leap in capability?

If BAF does go for two types, engine commonality will be an issue for the hi-low mix.

In that case Mig-35 and FC-1 with RD-93/33MK makes sense as does J-10 and Su-30 with the AL-31.
Engine commonality isn't an issue in case of an su30 & J10 combination. Both uses Al 31 series enginess from Russia.

jf-17 was bought up back in 2008 but then we requested for j-10s at that time... china had internal demand to meet and so it didn't lead up anywhere, we settled for f-7BGIs instead... back then jf-17 was new to the market too i believe!?
nope, you cant buy a fighter from a country whom you blame for genocide(not killing but genocide)
bangladesh will never buy anything from pakistan, the political price is too much for ruling party

IMG_8681.JPG
IMG_8680.JPG
WINTEX 2017

nope, you cant buy a fighter from a country whom you blame for genocide(not killing but genocide)
bangladesh will never buy anything from pakistan, the political price is too much for ruling party
in some parts you're correct in others you're wrong.... pakistan is in our official list of arms sellers
ps. bangladesh air force was offered jf-17 by china at a time we asked for j-10...

I'm fairly sure Bangladesh received excess J-6 from PAF inventory as far back as 1991. So your argument
is invalid.

I'm fairly sure Bangladesh received excess J-6 from PAF inventory as far back as 1991. So your argument
is invalid.

:drag: We did squeeze some more juice outta those J-6 birds, just like how we could have been flying the recently retired F-7P's or cannibalizing those to keep our own 39 F-7s on the air for next 10 years, if we didn't burn all the possible bridges :drag:

37042_1466875043.jpg

those are more like political rhetoric.... even the PM rejected the suggestion from some quarters to cut relations with Pakistan.... continuing diplomatic relationship with Pakistan is one of the key elements of Bangladesh's India policy.... its a priceless bargain, which Bangladesh can't afford to lose, whatever the cost....

on the other hand, in terms of military deals, its just an extension of that diplomatic deal.... if Bangladesh goes forward with a military deal with India, there would be no stopping of similar deals with China, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and others.... at that time, India would lose their bargain completely (which they have already lost mostly).....

as far as I can think, JF-17 for BAF is more of a real future thing than a dream....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom