What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

As J20 is into PLAAF service, there is no reason to hold up J10b's export anymore.
could you provide a comparison between jf-17 and j-10// how they stack up and which is better? why china didn't just give j-10 to pakistan with tech transfer and instead made jf-17?

could you provide a comparison between jf-17 and j-10// how they stack up and which is better? why china didn't just give j-10 to pakistan with tech transfer and instead made jf-17?
Wow! It's a tough question to answer! If you really want an answer, Ok~~I think J10b is better in payload, range, maneuver, avionics, aerodynamics, and lower RCS. I'm a strong supporter of PAF going for J10b. Very sad that they have other things in mind. Let us put it in a simple way! If PAF inducts J10b, means JF17 export will die out. JF17 is their backbone project, they have to stick it.

I have knew very long time ago that BAF will jump JF17 and directly buy J10 from China. Cause I know you guys.......national pride.

Am I right Mohammed?

As PAF is going for FC31, they won't mind us put J10b on the shelf.

J10b is my favorite fighter, it beat J20 in my heart.

$240 billion economy @2% defence spending= $4.8 billion Defence budget

@Deino - Well currently were not spending 2% of our GDP on defence (its between 1.2% and 1.6%). Regardless, our GDP is growing @ roughly 7% and defence purchases are paid over multiple years so a deal for J10/Su35 can be afforded easily (unless there is a severe economic downturn).

For example 16 J10b's @ $60m each should cost roughly $1.2bn-$1.6bn. Paid over 15-20 years, would mean paying the supplier just over $107m per year. Su's would like wise be similar in price....at current GDP growth rates easily within budget.

On a sidenote by the end of the contract term 15-20 years, Bangladesh would be $1trn economy....:-)

@Deino - Well currently were not spending 2% of our GDP on defence (its between 1.2% and 1.6%). Regardless, our GDP is growing @ roughly 7% and defence purchases are paid over multiple years so a deal for J10/Su35 can be afforded easily (unless there is a severe economic downturn).

For example 16 J10b's @ $60m each should cost roughly $1.2bn-$1.6bn. Paid over 15-20 years, would mean paying the supplier just over $107m per year. Su's would like wise be similar in price....at current GDP growth rates easily within budget.

On a sidenote by the end of the contract term 15-20 years, Bangladesh would be $1trn economy....:-)
j10 B cost around 30mil a pop... that's more around the league of 600+millions with other stuffs.... and since china accepts installment pay... it's easy to go by.

NATO recommended budget for a nations military is 4% of their GDP... if india or any neighbor had a reason to be concerned of BD arming itself for war.... our budget would have been 10 bill.... 4% of 240billion

so the military budget (para included) of 5 bill for 2016-2017 is 2% of 240 billion...

hence @BDforever estimates are right

Last edited:
j10 B cost around 30mil a pop... that's more around the league of 600+millions with other stuffs.... and since china accepts installment pay... it's easy to go by.

NATO recommended budget for a nations military is 4% of their GDP... if india or any neighbor had a reason to be concerned of BD arming itself for war.... our budget would have been 10 bill.... 4% of 240billion

so the military budget (para included) of 5 bill for 2016-2017 is 2% of 240 billion...

hence @bd_4_ever estimates are right

$30m flyaway price is very doubtful, there are various things that need to be considered.

1. $30m+ is the per unit flyaway price for the PLAAF excluding support and access.
2. When a fighter is exported you need to add a portion of the development cost.
3. You then have to add the cost of support.
4. You then add the cost of other weapon system and packages etc.

Dont expect to pay anywhere south of $60m for a system like the j10b.

$30m flyaway price is very doubtful, there are various things that need to be considered.

1. $30m+ is the per unit flyaway price for the PLAAF excluding support and access.
2. When a fighter is exported you need to add a portion of the development cost.

oh well.... alright!
let's see how much and what other details are thrown into the internet in a few days

Around 45 millions USD per

Wow! It's a tough question to answer! If you really want an answer, Ok~~I think J10b is better in payload, range, maneuver, avionics, aerodynamics, and lower RCS. I'm a strong supporter of PAF going for J10b. Very sad that they have other things in mind. Let us put it in a simple way! If PAF inducts J10b, means JF17 export will die out. JF17 is their backbone project, they have to stick it.

I have knew very long time ago that BAF will jump JF17 and directly buy J10 from China. Cause I know you guys.......national pride.

Am I right Mohammed?

As PAF is going for FC31, they won't mind us put J10b on the shelf.

J10b is my favorite fighter, it beat J20 in my heart.
jf-17 was bought up back in 2008 but then we requested for j-10s at that time... china had internal demand to meet and so it didn't lead up anywhere, we settled for f-7BGIs instead... back then jf-17 was new to the market too i believe!?

Let hope your right. That would be great, considering Qatar paid $7bn for 24 rafales ($291m each), india bought 36 rafales for $8bn ($222m each) and Egypt paid god knows what for their 24.

And the Frenchies initially wanted $12bil from the Indians. I get the Rafale is absolutely brilliant - but, bloody hell.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom