What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

10285472_644453772306827_2407269542995914334_o.jpg

MiG-29s in dogfight with a...kite! ( See carefully )

If the navy gets jf17 it will be a huge upgrade tbh. And btw Swedish jets or anything for that matter are designed specifically to Swedish needs... It's not versatile when you
factor in requirements... Like Swedish weather... Totally different than Bangladesh or Middle East weather etc.

Gripen uses an American engine.

There you go... another reason Bangladesh can never get gripen.

Even if it didn't have one, it really wouldn't be worth it. The Swedes have a care-bear policy regarding arms sales to countries they deem unstable. And Bangladesh generally tend to fall in that category.

Even if it didn't have one, it really wouldn't be worth it. The Swedes have a care-bear policy regarding arms sales to countries they deem unstable. And Bangladesh generally tend to fall in that category.
The thing is Swedish makes arms meeting requirements they need... it's not versatile. And hence most probably not suitable for Bangladesh anyways.

The thing is Swedish makes arms meeting requirements they need... it's not versatile. And hence most probably not suitable for Bangladesh anyways.

Well from my experience of living in Sweden, JAS Gripen is a very capable plane and has a very good demand in Europe.

Well from my experience of living in Sweden, JAS Gripen is a very capable plane and has a very good demand in Europe.

The Gripen is not a bad plane. It is a bit small. I'd prefer the Typhoon over that and the Rafale any day.

See, Bangladesh has a large airspace to cover, and that includes maritime airspace. One of our biggest security challenges is maritime security. We can't cover our waters properly. It is a big problem.

For the part, we need an all-weather high performance fighter jet able to perform, recon, interception and if necessary, combat duties.

The Gripen is not a bad plane. It is a bit small. I'd prefer the Typhoon over that and the Rafale any day.

See, Bangladesh has a large airspace to cover, and that includes maritime airspace. One of our biggest security challenges is maritime security. We can't cover our waters properly. It is a big problem.

For the part, we need an all-weather high performance fighter jet able to perform, recon, interception and if necessary, combat duties.

I agree with you. However, I would recommend P-3s/P-8s or its variants for maritime patrol. For now, 1-2 would suffice for surveillance and later with Forces Goal 2030 coming into shape, we should have combat aircraft to join. However, I am not sure if P-3s/P-8s would be sold to us. If not, we can go for something else, but of a similar caliber.

P3 p8 gripen are good
But dont knw if usa will allow though

But we have all this equivalent frm russia and china

dont get me wrong bro. it is a very capable fighter... but sweden makes weapons giving priority to their needs and doesnt make them with lots of variations for others... same with their tank programs back in the days.

the missile it fires is american... the engine is american... avionics is american. i dont think bangladesh will be allowed to have them... cuz USA!

since eurofighter, rafale is out of question... russian sukhois or chinese variants of russian sukhois... we have no other options that fits the bill. unless USA decides to let us buy thier f-18s? highly unlikely

dont get me wrong bro. it is a very capable fighter... but sweden makes weapons giving priority to their needs and doesnt make them with lots of variations for others... same with their tank programs back in the days.

the missile it fires is american... the engine is american... avionics is american. i dont think bangladesh will be allowed to have them... cuz USA!

since eurofighter, rafale is out of question... russian sukhois or chinese variants of russian sukhois... we have no other options that fits the bill. unless USA decides to let us buy thier f-18s? highly unlikely

USA offer is on table.. If you have money you can get it.
Why are you banging that USA will not allow us to have this and that. They are selling their top C-130 aircraft to us same as GE engines.

Why are you banging that USA will not allow us to have this and that. They are selling their top C-130 aircraft to us same as GE engines.

a transport aircraft and fighters are different.

Sweden doesnt take its military that seriously anymore. However, its still one of the most largest exporter of arms in the world. So explains why there hasnt been much expansion of Gripen's variant or any other fighter for that matter. However, the recent adventures of the Russian military around Swedish water boundaries gave them a tickle. Owing to some noises, they will probably start taking it seriously now.

Sweden doesnt take its military that seriously anymore. However, its still one of the most largest exporter of arms in the world. So explains why there hasnt been much expansion of Gripen's variant or any other fighter for that matter. However, the recent adventures of the Russian military around Swedish water boundaries gave them a tickle. Owing to some noises, they will probably start taking it seriously now.
probably... time will tell.

you should ask why do we have those pesky migs instead of f-16... my answer will be that US in 1996 said a country like bangladesh doesnt need f-16 and hence didnt approve sales to us and we went for the migs... well for the longrun mig seems to have better performance (maneuvering characteristics) than f-16s so that paidoff.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom