What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Air Exercise ‘Cope South 15’ in Bangladesh, part two:
U.S. Air Force and Bangladesh Air Force jointly exercised the ‘Cope South 15’. This tactical airlift exercise held to enhance operational capabilities between these two parties. The aim of the exercise was focused on bilateral tactical airlift exercise held at BAF Base Bangabandhu, Bangladesh. Aircraft participated in the air drill was one of the Bangladeshi C-130B and three C-130H Hercules aircraft from the USAF and 200 Bangladeshi airmen & 80 U.S. Airmen took part.

These USAF Hercs are based at Yokota AB in Japan. 374th Airlift Wing and 36th Airlift Squadron.

The 36th AS conducts theater airlift, special operations, aeromedical evacuation, search and rescue, repatriation and humanitarian relief missions with a C-130H Hercules mission-ready aircrew while being the only forward-based tactical airlift squadron in the Pacific.

I don't think at this point a lot of countries operate the tiny but lethal YAKs.

Myanmar will become the fourth export customer for the Yak-130 after Algeria(16), Bangladesh(16), and Belarus(4) when they get three later this year along with a simulator.

I read someplace that Bangladesh was also considering a new armored ground-attack variant (YAK-131) which is being bought by the Russian Air Force. This was meant to replace the SU-25 which was an A-10 Warthog analog i.e. tank-buster.

However there are more modern SU-25 variants from Sukhoi as well which offer much better performance (load carrying as well as better armor) than this converted trainer and have been refined over decades of actual combat experience.

How about replacing them with Russian counterparts? With 3D thrust vectoring engines or I'm dreaming too much!

View attachment 342480
I don't think thats photoshopped!
Better pic;

image.jpeg

So,J-10 or JF-17/FC-01 Thunder or J-11?

The Gripen can even take down an F-35...Its almost as strong as Rafael...
Gripen was said as "Cannon Fodder" by British pilots who took em like little birds in the sky by their eft2k.But again PAF f-16blk15 took eft2k down too in a simulated WVR 3 nil.
Gripen NG however is a different story has a better system overall comparable to F-16 blk50 in capabilities.

Gripen was said as "Cannon Fodder" by British pilots who took em like little birds in the sky by their eft2k.But again PAF f-16blk15 took eft2k down too in a simulated WVR 3 nil.
Gripen NG however is a different story has a better system overall comparable to F-16 blk50 in capabilities.
Is it true... majority of Pakistan f-16 are not up to date or isn't in combat preparedness because of parts that needs to be repaired... overhauled? Was there in Indian defense thread I think.

Is it true... majority of Pakistan f-16 are not up to date or isn't in combat preparedness because of parts that needs to be repaired... overhauled? Was there in Indian defense thread I think.

You need to check your facts. Its nothing but Indian propaganda. The entire F-16 fleet is upgraded and ready to roll. All 80+ of them.

You need to check your facts. Its nothing but Indian propaganda. The entire F-16 fleet is upgraded and ready to roll. All 80+ of them.
That's why I asked the question to confirm from you guys. Thank you! Anyway are they all block 50?

60 F-16s were MLUed and upgraded to Blk 50 by using Falcon Star Structural Service Life Enhancement kits at TAI.
Making 'em a perfect match for the mkis.
PAF at the moment is not short at spares.In case of any aggression all F-16s will face aggressors face to face.
1. APG-68(V)9 with Synthetic aperture radars 2. Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System JHMCS 3. AN/APX-113 Advanced Identify Friend or Foe Systems 4. AN/ALE-47 Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser Systems 5. Have Quick I/II Radios 6. Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminal 7. SNIPER (formerly known as AN/AAQ-33 PANTERA) targeting pods 8. Advanced Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation Units; MDE included in the MLU modification and structural upgrade kits 9. 21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency 10. Memory (DRFM) or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM; 11. 60 ALQ-213 Electronic Warfare Management Systems 12. 1 Unit Level Trainer and 13. 10 APG-68(V)9 spare radar sets

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom