What's new

Bangladesh Air Force to procure "Buk-M1-2 SAM System"

When I try to access BDMilitary this is the error message I see -

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

After this I can't get any further. All I get is this message when I try to open any tab.

Well bro, then may be its my bad facts...i thought Migs usually operate at a lower altitude, catchable by BUk-M1-2...howver, if thats not the case, then what do you think is the reason for the purchase, if it happens??

What do you suggest could have been procured otherwise...??

Cheers!!!

Bro,I am not a military expert,as I always say.but since you asked,here's my two cents:

If the purchase happens,it could be because,a year ago BAF presented a strategy for Air defence of Bangladesh to the PM.BAF officials proposed to build a 5 layer air defence.

Air Force aims higher

So If this is procured,then perhaps they are following that strategy.

As for what else could we have gone for;

If the Budget permits,we could have gone for HQ-9 or perhaps S-300PMU.

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

After this I can't get any further. All I get is this message when I try to open any tab.

May be they banned your IP completely from accessing the site.Try visiting from someplace else.
I get a different error [#1000] than yours.

I think we should keep our discussion about that forum till here,because we are already breaching PDF rules.And MODs won't like it,we might get ourselves banned here.

Last edited:
I can't access the damned site so how can I see the rules and regulations?

If no official site has disclosed the information on the procurement of SAM's then BDMilitary leaking this info is a breach of national security.

I think the number of Indian stooges here has increased and made them over-confident. I initially wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but see the mistake in that. Once an India lackey always an Indian lackey.

Oh, so now BDMillitary reporting any procurement is a breach of national security? And therefore you mean, "OFFICIAL SITES" should report the purchase first and then BDMilitary and THEN it wont be a threat to national security, isn't it?

Holy God, what do you smoke....?

And that also means, BDMilitary have been breaching national security for the past couple of years and no one has done anything to stop it? How can that be possible Munshi bhai, Bangladesh Defence is an area of extreme secrecy, isnt't it? Then why hasnt anyone done anything yet?

And what Indian stooges are you talking about? Make one thing clear, here we are representing our nation and discussing on topics. You have been talked to politely by your country members but instead you keep calling them liars and indian stooges just to prove your logic correct....please talk to the point and give evidence, theres no good in being foul-mouthed......you are not the only one who is ALWAYS right....

Moreover, having claimed yourself to be an expert, suggest what shall be procured with that 2 billion, if india is a "primary threat", as leon asked....?? Your answer is awaited....

Oh, so now BDMillitary reporting any procurement is a breach of national security? And therefore you mean, "OFFICIAL SITES" should report the purchase first and then BDMilitary and THEN it wont be a threat to national security, isn't it?

Legally yes. Your ignorance astounds me.

And that also means, BDMilitary have been breaching national security for the past couple of years and no one has done anything to stop it? How can that be possible Munshi bhai, Bangladesh Defence is an area of extreme secrecy, isnt't it? Then why hasnt anyone done anything yet?

If you knew how incompetent our politicians and intelligence agencies were you would not ask such a moronic question.

And what Indian stooges are you talking about? Make one thing clear, here we are representing our nation and discussing on topics. You have been talked to politely by your country members but instead you keep calling them liars and indian stooges just to prove your logic correct....please talk to the point and give evidence, theres no good in being foul-mouthed......you are not the only one who is ALWAYS right....

I have given evidence its is only you who rely on opinion.

Moreover, having claimed yourself to be an expert, suggest what shall be procured with that 2 billion, if india is a "primary threat", as leon asked....?? Your answer is awaited....

I have not claimed to be an expert. The issue is not procurement but the objective and purpose of the procurement that concerns me and the fact that it was disclosed on an Indian sponsored site with no official sanction.

May be they banned your IP completely from accessing the site.Try visiting from someplace else.
I get a different error [#1000] than yours.

I think we should keep our discussion about that forum till here,because we are already breaching PDF rules.And MODs won't like it,we might get ourselves banned here.

The MODs here have not issued a warning. The whole debate was started on the question of BDMilitary's credibility.

If you knew how incompetent our politicians and intelligence agencies were you would not ask such a moronic question.

What you mean to say here is our politicians and intelligence agencies are SO INCOMPETENT enough....that they cant take down a site, what some claim to be, run by a teenager??? Are you seriously saying that??? :rolleyes:

This statement is nothing, but simply tarnishing the impression of our country in an international forum....

Last edited:
Really?? Please care to shed some light....

EXACTLY, what national threat has occurred and what has been its consequences....?

There doesn't have to be any adverse consequences. The mere release of classified information is an offence regardless of the harm incurred by the country. The unsanctioned release of information is a threat in itself. No government could survive if information was leaked on a regular basis.

You cannot be so dense!!!!!

What you mean to say here is our politicians and intelligence agencies are SO INCOMPETENT enough....that they cant take down a site, what some claim to be, run by a teenager??? Are you seriously saying that??? :rolleyes:

This statement is nothing, but simply tarnishing the impression of our country in an international forum....

No the government and intel agencies are capable of blocking a site but they do this when it is merely to hide their wrong doing or if it offends India. Our government doesn't ban sites when it affects our national security. Hence my use of the word incompetent but I think the appropriate term should be stronger.

I know all this because the government has banned my blog DeshCalling because I published a report on the Pilkhana Massacre that implicated members of the government and India.

There doesn't have to be any adverse consequences. The mere release of classified information is an offence regardless of the harm incurred by the country. The unsanctioned release of information is a threat in itself. No government could survive if information was leaked on a regular basis.

You cannot be so dense!!!!!

Ok...let me point out two words, considering your past post as well....
"OFFENCE" and "NATIONAL SECURITY".....

Release of classified information is an "offence", as you said, regardless of the harm (that means, there could be a harm or even not)....so if the "offence" is creating NO harm, then how come its a threat to "national security", as you said earlier???

And you said, no government can survive owing to regular leak of information....... which again brings me to the point that, if the leak is so serious then why hasn't been any steps taken to stop it....and adversely if they cant stop BDMilitary from leaking information, as you say our agencies are incompetent, how is our government then still surviving??

Care to explain.....?

Ok...let me point out two words, considering your past post as well....
"OFFENCE" and "NATIONAL SECURITY".....

Release of classified information is an "offence", as you said, regardless of the harm (that means, there could be a harm or even not)....so if the "offence" is creating NO harm, then how come its a threat to "national security", as you said earlier???

The mere release of unsanctioned information constitutes harm.
Whether there is actual or tangible harm is irrelevant.

And you said, no government can survive owing to regular leak of information....... which again brings me to the point that, if the leak is so serious then why hasn't been any steps taken to stop it....and adversely if they cant stop BDMilitary from leaking information, as you say our agencies are incompetent, how is our government then still surviving??

There has been nothing to stop leaks because when the Indians do it as is the case here the government keeps its eyes closed.

If the leaks are consistent and continuous then a government is very unlikely to survive.

There has been nothing to stop leaks because when the Indians do it as is the case here the government keeps its eyes closed.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why would India leak it in BD military forum? I mean if India leaks it, that means she already knows about it, so why would she inform everyone? :rofl:

MBI, i think there's a reason you being banned in your own country's defense forum!

It is not a question of portraying India as a prime threat - IT IS OUR PRIME THREAT.

Either increase our defence budget or join a defence pact. In either case it should be to deter an Indian threat and secondarily a Burmese threat. Taking care of the first threat will by implication take care of the lesser threat.

They must have to explain that how Burma has became our threat. I never heard that Burma did any harm of us except some minor past disputes in our maritime area!! And who told that we need arms procurement to face Burma who is not threat? Some members saying that Burmese Janta is not good. But my question is, their Junta may be bad but what harm they do to us? All I know is there are huge future and economical opportunities with Burma if we can use tactfully. They are not our enemy but some people making fictions and identifying Burma as our enemy :argh:! By taking chance from Burma we will be able to reduce our India dependency to be real independent BD-state but, unfortunately, some short sighted folks missing that point :frown:.

An Error Occurred

Same for i did't know how the hell to enter in that forum:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom