What's new

Featured Bangladesh Air Force Purchases 24 German Trainers With ToT

Bro I will be the happiest man on earth if baf goes for 10 squadron of fighters. And everyone on here is speculating. No one knows for sure what is baf's plan. I never said I'm talking on behalf of baf. I'm simply speculating. Baf never went for numbers and they are not gonna start now. I based my speculation on that. Its really hard to believe baf will buy 10 squadron of fighters when they only bought a squadron of F7 as a "stop gap" in last 10 years. Every other plan of buying fighters were dead in the water. But I really hope baf is changed now and they are gonna execute their plan properly.

Yet you are doing/repeating the same thing. What do you mean "No one knows BAF's plan"? What did we discuss previously then? It's too early to say what BAF's gonna start or not. BAF couldn't and still can't (IMO) go for the intended/planned numbers because of financial constraints. But that doesn't change the requirement. Not even the delay.

BN's also behind schedule and they bought two Type 53H3 as stop gap. Did that change their requirement? Army issued tender for Bell-407 in 2018 and they still want it even though we did see any further development (New LCT). If you want to speculate, do it basing on the data/info we have.

Yeah the rumor is baf will go for hurkus too.

Again, too early to say it will be Hurkus.

Nah. EFT project is already divided between the partner nations

Not saying we can afford $6.5/$10 billion in one swoop though.

Last edited:
Yet you are doing/repeating the same thing. What do you mean "No one knows BAF's plan"? What did we discuss previously then? It's too early to say what BAF's gonna start or not. BAF couldn't and still can't (IMO) go for the intended/planned numbers because of financial constraints. But that doesn't change the requirement. Not even the delay.

BN's also behind schedule and they bought two Type 53H3 as stop gap. Did that change their requirement? Army issued tender for Bell-407 in 2018 and they still want it even though we did see any further development (New LCT). If you want to speculate, do it basing on the data/info we have.

Again, too early to say it will be Hurkus.

Not saying we can afford $6.5/$10 billion in one swoop though.

Yeah a pipedream

Why not BAF also consider acquiring the Jet Trainers as well; though they have bought YAK-130s still they can re-consider these:
  • 50 M-345
  • 50 M-346
M-345s, are way better than K-8s and K-8s can easily be sold to any current operators.
M-346s, are somewhat better than YAK-130s, and they also can be sold to current operators / other countries.

Where are they?

He meant in 2022 years' time.

Why not BAF also consider acquiring the Jet Trainers as well; though they have bought YAK-130s still they can re-consider these:
  • 50 M-345
  • 50 M-346
M-345s, are way better than K-8s and K-8s can easily be sold to any current operators.
M-346s, are somewhat better than YAK-130s, and they also can be sold to current operators / other countries.
They should try optimising Yaks for Western fighters first. If that does not work out, they can try selling and replacing with M-346s.
Even better, replace K-8s with M-346s too.

Back
Top Bottom