What's new

Featured Bangladesh Air Force Purchases 24 German Trainers With ToT

Let me rephrase my question. Is this thing ( the plane picture you posted) is actually small pump that you use for irrigation?

I see that it's a plane ,not a small pump! :undecided:
come back when you will be able to make even that thing . this is how countries start aviation . while some just filling internet with claims while doing nothing on ground .

come back when you will be able to make even that thing . this is how countries start aviation . while some just filling internet with claims while doing nothing on ground .
Sir aap samajh kiyun nahi rahain ho? @blusky bhaijan ne kaha ki Hamain , ees cheez ki jarurat hain aviation industry banane ke pehle.
H0e20c253c07345a2bb217d14c0f21cd90.jpg

So maine ask kiya ki kiya Pakistan isi type ki cheez banaya jet banane se pehle?

Agar Pakistan ne isi pani dene ka machine nahi banaya hain , plane banane se pahle , tu hamain kiyun isi irrigation ka small disel machine banana hain plain banake ke pahle.

Aur tum sabto picche hee par gaya!

Mera messages just @bluesky kay liye tha, isime Pakistan se koi matlab nahi!

Aure kya tumbhi ye advise deteho ki Bangladesh ko ye disel pump manufacture karna chahiye plane manufacture ke pahle?

Agar Bangladesh ye disel pump bahi bana sakte hain to aviation industry main Jane ka koi right nahi hain?

@Imran Khan

Last edited:
all these tall claims because you guys buy some basic trainer ? this unit cost of this basic trainer is something like 750,000 $

The Myanmar Air Force operates a fleet of 20 G 120TP (+10) training aircraft too how many typhoons they have ?
Bruh no one is making any tall claim. Our COAS said these 2 workshop is the first step towards "assembled in Bangladesh" plane. We gotta start somewhere. Better late than never. May be we will buy western jet may be we will not time will say...why do you care ? And stop comparing Bangladesh with Pakistan. Bangladesh is literally just a 50 years old country. You guys are always at war so advancing in this sector is normal. We have our priorities.

Anyway i remember how some people laughed and mocked us for talking about aircraft production. Even yesterday some dumb foreigners tried to act like pundit about our MRCA program. I hope they all notice these developments. It's not like we will do it overnight but this is a step towards the goal which began with MRO of PT-6 and Bell-212.

#Haters gonna hate :victory1:

Makes all the sense in the world to obtain ToT for assembly/manufacture of an already proven platform.
What was stupid and deserving of every bit of mockery was the talk by BAF of designing our own primary trainer. Dumbest idea ever. The market is saturated on the supply side with so many different suppliers. Makes no sense to design our own when we need less than hundred units of primary trainers.
A lot of Bangladeshis are too dense to grasp the concept of economies of scale.

Makes all the sense in the world to obtain ToT for assembly/manufacture of an already proven platform.
What was stupid and deserving of every bit of mockery was the talk by BAF of designing our own primary trainer. Dumbest idea ever. The market is saturated on the supply side with so many different suppliers. Makes no sense to design our own when we need less than hundred units of primary trainers.
A lot of Bangladeshis are too dense to grasp the concept of economies of scale.

I am fairly certain what was intended was assembling a basic trainer using readily available modular parts.

"Designing" would have been the responsibility of the procurement department rather than any kind of engineers .... i see they have abandoned even that....

BAF always aims low and then fails ......

From 13.30 to 14.00

View attachment 752170
View attachment 752171
View attachment 752172

very good .

From 13.30 to 14.00

View attachment 752170
View attachment 752171
View attachment 752172

good news

Chief just jabbed @bluesky at 15:47 minutes. :rofl::rofl: Anyway i remember how some people laughed and mocked us for talking about aircraft production. Even yesterday some dumb foreigners tried to act like pundit about our MRCA program. I hope they all notice these developments. It's not like we will do it overnight but this is a step towards the goal which began with MRO of PT-6 and Bell-212.

Response to the above quotation. People should know the meaning of ToT. ToT means the Transfer of Technology. The news says the German company will set up one or two repair workshops but people here are shouting JOY BANGLA, BD will get ToT and will build German planes. How silly and ignorant our people are in BD!!!

Please improve your English comprehension ability, guy, and read the news again!!! What Serniabat says to please small guys like you is no concern but the content of the news is. The news never said, Bd will start producing jet planes, missiles and rockets soon.

My my.........Faridpuira tried to sound tough and cool but somehow ended up sounding dumb. Well, it's my fault for dragging this guy into this discussion. Faridpuira should improve his own comprehension ability and check the meaning of ToT before lecturing others about it.

First of all nobody talked about building German planes and i wasn't talking about "Bd will start producing jet planes, missiles and rockets soon" either. Perhaps the two links i shared gave the Faridpuira wrong idea.

ToT doesn't only mean that one will build the whole aircraft locally. "Often it occurs by concerted effort to share skills, knowledge, technologies, manufacturing methods, samples, and facilities among the participants." So it doesn't have to be the whole system. The composite material (fuselage and wings) and propeller repairing workshop fall into that bold part. Our people will work in those facilities which will help them to gain skills and knowledge for future basic trainer and UAV/UCAV.

Also people should take care of their own silliness and ignorance first before calling others silly and ignorant. Every now and then saying dumb things like "Bd does not have even a factory to assemble gasoline cars" or failing to find local manufacturers of pump machine for irrigation when there are multiple well-known companies are available is the reason why people troll the some guy as hentai lover. I wonder how did the Faridpuira determine that ToT is 200 years old.

It's really cute to see that some people think that they are contributing to Bangladesh by criticizing the govt in a foreign forum when the govt doesn't give a single damn about "small guys like you". 😂

Why the hell bd needs to build fighter jets ?! Our requirement is low I repeat our requirement is low, setting up a fighter aircraft manufacturing plant is a waste of money. All we need for our air force is a mro plant , may be produce some spares. That's it.
How many fighter squadrons do you think baf will keep ? Given our war doctrine and size of our airspace 4-5 squadron of proper fighter is enough. Let's say 2 squadron of twin engine mrca and 2-3 squadron of single engine jets. You wont need a production line for that. What you need is a MRO plant where you can maintain these jets and you can produce some spare parts so that you can keep the fleet running.

Of course!! "Why the hell bd needs to build fighter jets?!" We don't need to learn anything from Pakistan, Iran or Turkey. Lets leave the fate of our backbone of the air force's fleet to Russia, China and USA and let them rip us off. Lets kiss their *** forever and ever and ever. Let @Destranator and @mb444 bash air force until their death for every MRCA dilemma. :-) FYI ⤵ Does this look low to you?

1614105949157.png

It is too bad that a country with a population of 164 million should be happy when it buys such a simple aircraft.

Two reasons to be happy here:-

1. Securing the deal at cheaper price with two workshops and simulator. This is the first time BAF made this kinda deal. Usually we got MRO for F-7, PT-6, Bell-212 , Mi-17/171sh and ejection seat lot later after signing the deal.

2. Chief and PM's statement that from now on we won't buy anything unless we get something in return. "A trade-off, counter balance" according to chief. So expecting at least MRO with any furure deal and large order for MMRCA like the basic trainer. As @F-6 enthusiast said we may not get anything from MRCA deal but MMRCA has a chance.

just look the users of this tinny baby and come back to me how many of them buy western fighters?

Is Indonesia and Jordan enough for you? Not counting USA, UK, Sweden, Argentina and Bangladesh here. Almost all the operators has western fighters in their fleet.

What point are you trying to make?

Probably trying to say that BD can't/won't be able to buy western fighter because we bought this trainer. Typical behavior.

If i remember correctly. Chinese offered BAF the opurtunity to produce F7 BGI inhouse. But BAF rejected it.

No you don'remember correctly. China didn't offer this.

Did i or anyone say that? I don't remember anyone said that.

Last edited:
FYI ⤵ Does this look low to you?
This is old. We had plans for Russian and Chinese jets back then. We could have at least 3 squadron of j10 with 3bil usd that we are getting for just16 western jets. Do you really believe baf will keep 10 squadron of western jets in its inventory?! Its not even possible in 2040. Things have changed now. Baf will maintain a small but strong and modern fleet.

I think Grob G 120TP was procured as the replacement for the T-37B, both aircraft is similar. PT-6 replacement might yet to come. Probably it will be replaced with indigenous basic trainer project.

This is old. We had plans for Russian and Chinese jets back then. We could have at least 3 squadron of j10 with 3bil usd that we are getting for just16 western jets. Do you really believe baf will keep 10 squadron of western jets in its inventory?! Its not even possible in 2040. Things have changed now. Baf will maintain a small but strong and modern fleet.

So? You were talking about the requirement, i gave you the requirement. Doesn't matter how long it will take or what anyone believe. People didn't believe either that we could get any Western fighter specially EFT but now we see it's "possible". Everyone knows plans got delayed due to certain issues and won't be realized by 2030.

Does it look like any military wing of the armed forces changed the requirement for that? Did BN change their requirement for frigates? No. Did BAF drop the plan for MRO of new MRCA? No. Did any BAF official say that the mid-term plans was only for Chinese-Russian aircraft? No. Just before talking about the requirement the air chief talked about BAF's study for customized variants of F-16 and Gripen. So the requirement wasn't about the Sino-Russian fighters only. Your speculation/cluelessness isn't BAF's statement.

You're jumping to a conclusion when BAF hasn't even decided anything about the single engine fighter yet. Let BAF fulfill the short-term requirement first.

I think Grob G 120TP was procured as the replacement for the T-37B, both aircraft is similar. PT-6 replacement might yet to come. Probably it will be replaced with indigenous basic trainer project.

So? You were talking about the requirement, i gave you the requirement. Doesn't matter how long it will take or what anyone believe. People didn't believe either that we could get any Western fighter specially EFT but now we see it's "possible". Everyone knows plans got delayed due to certain issues and won't be realized by 2030.

Does it look like any military wing of the armed forces changed the requirement for that? Did BN change their requirement for frigates? No. Did BAF drop the plan for MRO of new MRCA? No. Did any BAF official say that the mid-term plans was only for Chinese-Russian aircraft? No. Just before talking about the requirement the air chief talked about BAF's study for customized variants of F-16 and Gripen. So the requirement wasn't about the Sino-Russian fighters only. Your speculation/cluelessness isn't BAF's statement.

You're jumping to a conclusion when BAF hasn't even decided anything about the single engine fighter yet. Let BAF fulfill the short-term requirement first.
Bro I will be the happiest man on earth if baf goes for 10 squadron of fighters. And everyone on here is speculating. No one knows for sure what is baf's plan. I never said I'm talking on behalf of baf. I'm simply speculating. Baf never went for numbers and they are not gonna start now. I based my speculation on that. Its really hard to believe baf will buy 10 squadron of fighters when they only bought a squadron of F7 as a "stop gap" in last 10 years. Every other plan of buying fighters were dead in the water. But I really hope baf is changed now and they are gonna execute their plan properly.
I think Grob G 120TP was procured as the replacement for the T-37B, both aircraft is similar. PT-6 replacement might yet to come. Probably it will be replaced with indigenous basic trainer project
Yeah the rumor is baf will go for hurkus too.

Back
Top Bottom