What's new

Bangladesh Air Force chief meets US officials in Pentagon

Bangladesh Air Force chief meets US officials in Pentagon
Tribune Desk
  • Published at 05:51 pm May 20th, 2021
Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat

File photo of Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat, chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force Collected

He also paid tribute to the memorial of the victims of the 9/11 attacks
The chief of air staff of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF), Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat, is currently in the United States of America on an official visit.

As part of the visit, he called on Chief of US Air Force General Charles Q Brown Jr, Director of Defence Security Co-operation Agency (DSCA) Heidi Grant and principal director of Office of Secretary of Defence for Policy for South Asia in Pentagon on Wednesday, said an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release on Thursday.

During the meeting, they exchanged views on bilateral issues of mutual interests.
Previously, Serniabat also discussed various issues related to UN peacekeeping missions of the BAF with Military Advisor Lieutenant General Carlos Humberto Loitey on Tuesday.

They exchanged views on various important issues, including the use of Biman Bangladesh Airlines for rotation and increasing facilities of BAF peacekeepers in UN peacekeeping missions.

Besides, as part of the visit, Serniabat visited the manufacturing plant of F-16 fighter aircraft and paid tribute to the memorial of the victims of the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon.

Hmm, possible sale of F-16 block70/72 and other stuff for BAF for better intra operability with NATO & quad forces.

Depends on what is being signed.

If anything is being signed at all. But ya. If BD gets F -16 today. You can bet that BD is joining Quad.

Lets see what happens.

More chance of jooning Quad. As BD economy is reliant on West.

As F-16 is not front line aircraft of USAF and LM need order too, it will be in US interest to offer a juicy deal to BAF, which could include old/new F-16 block-70/72 standard with weapons like AIM-120 C7, AIM-9X block-1, JDAMs, Harpoons etc, also radars like TPS-77s, PAC-2/3 SAMs for BAF with integration in USAG network warefare capability.

As F-16 is not front line aircraft of USAF and LM need order too, it will be in US interest to offer a juicy deal to BAF, which could include old/new F-16 block-70/72 standard with weapons like AIM-120 C7, AIM-9X block-1, JDAMs, Harpoons etc, also radars like TPS-77s, PAC-2/3 SAMs for BAF with integration in USAG network warefare capability.
Yes. That Juicy deal will come with a side note stating : Please join Quad.

Point is: Will BD take up the offer ?

Yes. That Juicy deal will come with a side note stating : Please join Quad.

Point is: Will BD take up the offer ?

BD diplomats know that if their CAS is in USA then what they have agreed with them, so any military deal will pave way for some sort of assistance to US and its allies.

Some education my friend.

Listen to the lyrics for some perspective on this word.

People who are born Mullah families and brought up by Mullah parents in a foreign country should better learn civility. Do not please come again to educate me as if you are a joker!! I have enough education on many societies including the ignorant Mullah one.

what did he mean when he said ''increasing interoperability'' and then tagging indo-pacific command ?
i hope its disaster relief and management for cyclones using helicopters
I wonder how do you expect America to come to rescue BD from a distance of 10,000 km with helis or others in times of cyclone?

So, either it is a purchasing mission for some kinds of military goodies or it is just a goodwill mission.

I wonder how do you expect America to come to rescue BD from a distance of 10,000 km with helis or others in times of cyclone?
post-cyclone search and rescue plus US got aircraft carriers but it'll take couple of weeks (maybe less) to change route from their closest deployments (or requested earlier to save time) towards Bay of Bengal but that's wishful thinking.
We probably did sign a similar treaty with them before regarding disaster management when the floods hit Bd real bad.

Just a heads up, for our BD friends, is that remember that US never sells Weapons unless they buy people, loyalty, and other things, their sales are always connected to the leverage they want on the country they sell.

They do NOT use Pork or Haram products in any of their food. :-)

I see. We don't have this chain in Aus but other chains like Mac, KFC, Nandos etc have a number of halal certified outlets. We only eat from the halal certified ones. Even if the meat is from a halal animal like cow or chicken it will still be haram if not slaughtered in a halal manner.

Back
Top Bottom