What's new

Baluchi’s Sued for Discriminating Against Brown People

Status
Not open for further replies.
you, me, most of the s.asians can make the difference, but do you think the f*ing goras know or give a damn!?

When East Asians differentiate their restaurants, then why shouldn't we.

Pakistani and indian food are not the same thing ( yes there are similarities but there are many more differences)

Have you ever been to US? New York, a lot of Pakistan call their restaurant as Indian.

I'm a 2-year grad student in US and I frequent New York City quite oftenly, as i have many friends that are based there (and it's only a 4 hour car ride away from where i currently am)

There are many who say Indian Pakistan hotel, so ask them why they think Pakistan belongs to India. The reason is simple because India is a brand.

Indian Pakistan hotel? What is that??

and by the way, i've dined in New York long enough to know that the Pakistani restuarants there clearly say PAKISTANI CUISINE. Such as ''cuisine of Pakistan'' (on 9th Avenue) as well as a few others. Hell - there is an entire area of NYC called ''little Pakistan'' so obviously your 'indian branding' didn't quite penetrate it there did it.

Dance please bookmark this thread for when Indians make baseless claims. :lol:

Also Thanks to you AZ, for your investigative journalism.

Always here to help!

damn i had wayyyy too much free time today......80% of my office left work early :laugh:

Have you ever been to US? New York, a lot of Pakistan call their restaurant as Indian. There are many who say Indian Pakistan hotel, so ask them why they think Pakistan belongs to India. The reason is simple because India is a brand.

yaa u are right...... and u can even find a lot of them right here in PDF.... trying to associate themselves with INDIA ..... and a guy even opened a thread " SHOULD PAKISTAN CHANGE ITS NAME"..... it cant get more funny:rofl:

When East Asians differentiate their restaurants, then why shouldn't we.

Pakistani and indian food are not the same thing ( yes there are similarities but there are many more differences)

well for one thing, we are not E. Asians. Indians (especially Northern) & Pakistanis are culturally a hell lot more similar than E.Asians among themselves.

But yea, I'm not saying not to differentiate, but just stating that as of now, majority of S.Asians do not do so. For them Indian cuisine sells a lot more than say if they were to say Pakistani food, which is the bitter truth.

I'm a 2-year grad student in US and I frequent New York City quite oftenly, as i have many friends that are based there (and it's only a 4 hour car ride away from where i currently am)

Indian Pakistan hotel? What is that??

and by the way, i've dined in New York long enough to know that the Pakistani restuarants there clearly say PAKISTANI CUISINE. Such as ''cuisine of Pakistan'' (on 9th Avenue) as well as a few others. Hell - there is an entire area of NYC called ''little Pakistan'' so obviously your 'indian branding' didn't quite penetrate it there did it.

Always here to help!

damn i had wayyyy too much free time today......80% of my office left work early :laugh:

The restaurant branding depends completely on the target audience. While in USA, I have seen many Pakistani owned joints market themselves as Pakistani cuisine - mainly because they have large captive Pakistani population in the vicinity. However, in Europe - in places like Denmark and Portugal I have seen Pakistani owned restaurants exclusively market themselves as "Indian" - down to Ganesha and Natraj statues. This is because their patrons are Europeans. I have not visited UK recently but I do recollect reading that 80% of "Indian" restaurants there are owned by Bangladeshis.

isn't little Pakistan in brooklyn? what about in jackson heights?

Jackson Heights is desiville(Pakistani/Indian/Bangledesh/Afghan). They even have authentic Afghan restaurant there.

Brooklyn is pretty much little Pakistan. A lot of Russians, Jews and some Indians and Chinese live there as well.

The restaurant branding depends completely on the target audience. While in USA, I have seen many Pakistani owned joints market themselves as Pakistani cuisine - mainly because they have large captive Pakistani population in the vicinity. However, in Europe - in places like Denmark and Portugal I have seen Pakistani owned restaurants exclusively market themselves as "Indian" - down to Ganesha and Natraj statues. This is because their patrons are Europeans. I have not visited UK recently but I do recollect reading that 80% of "Indian" restaurants there are owned by Bangladeshis.

I can corroborate that. Most 'Indian' restaurants here are owned by Bangladesh followed by Pakistanis and last Indians.
An easy way to determine I noticed was to look at the Naans. The ones I have in Indian owned restaurants are usually flat like the ones you get in restaurants in India. The ones I've had in Pakistani and Bangladeshi owned restaurants are usually thicker and more similar to bread. I've had these sort of naans in India too but they were usually bought at a bakery in a 'Muslim' area.

And for Indians that try to say Pakistanis call themselves Indians..

This is how Pakistanis get down in NY.

Last edited by a moderator:
well for one thing, we are not E. Asians. Indians (especially Northern) & Pakistanis are culturally a hell lot more similar than E.Asians among themselves

there are indians nationals that are not culturally similar in any way to eachother and now you want to transcend boundaries and claim that all Pakistanis and indians are culturally similar? Northern indians, more so yes. Southern indian are totally different species. Even YOU have nothing in common with them :laugh:

But yea, I'm not saying not to differentiate, but just stating that as of now, majority of S.Asians do not do so. For them Indian cuisine sells a lot more than say if they were to say Pakistani food, which is the bitter truth.

then explain to me why this French restaurant in the middle of nowhere Quimper (lower central France) even makes mention of the word Pakistan

Mahraja8.jpg

we've had threads on this subject and they all went haywire. But i will again reiterate that it is often the indians who use our name and seldom the other way around.

But i will again reiterate that it is often the indians who use our name and seldom the other way around.

Thats your opinion, although my personal experience proves otherwise! And as what I said earlier, goras neither know nor care be it Indian or Pakistani when hitting a S.Asian restaurant, they basically go there for curry based food & naan or maybe tandoori items sometimes.

anyways still no one from NYC can tell more about this joint?? anyone wanna go check out this place, maybe find out who the scumbag owners are??

isn't little Pakistan in brooklyn? what about in jackson heights?

of course Jackson Heights as well....many Pakistani restaurants there but JH is more mixed. On one street you'll see indian spice market, next street a bangali owned bridal shop, next street a Pak restauraunt or jeweler or darzi something like that.

Most Pakistani restaurants in Bay area say Indian/Pakistani cuisine or just Indian cuisine. Nothing wrong with it.

And for Indians that try to say Pakistanis call themselves Indians..

This is how Pakistanis get down in NY.

i like the ///M3 with the lambo doors.....

the silver 5 series Bimmer with the crescent and star on the rear glass is actually owned by some Lahori I know in the city....he came to that city as a broke Pakistani with literally only 2 pairs of clothes.....his first ''job'' was selling cheap watches. He now owns 5 gift shops, a clothing brand , a clothing printing/press shop..... and a textile factory (which is back in Pakistan)

(Mashallah)

Last edited by a moderator:
^

I don't know any of those dudes, but Pakistanis pretty much own every gift shop around 50 th and Broadway.

But yeah, I go the parades, and Pakistanis always represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom