What's new

Baluchi’s Sued for Discriminating Against Brown People

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Asians are awful tippers - for the most part they don't really understand the concept of tipping or that servers rely on tips as the primary source of their earnings.

I always tip 15% or don't eat out.

I rarely do ever eat out though and usually eat at the Gyro stands when I do.

halal-cart-nyc-food-3.jpg

4640684333_13d6493d79.jpg

YUM!

South Asians are awful tippers - for the most part they don't really understand the concept of tipping or that servers rely on tips as the primary source of their earnings.

this chick i was hooking up with for a while (full time grad student, part time waitress at some local pub) told me that there are 3 types of people that are bound to kill it when it comes to sh*tty tipping:

europeans in first place
blacks in second place
indians in third place

:rofl:

Hi,

I just called their restaurant (its in Tribeca area, New York City) -- landline # (212) 679-3434

It took me forever to find their number on google --- obviously it isnt a popular restaurant because usually google is very quick to bring the most relevant item to the top of the list.

I lied to the host who answered the phone (poor girl, she seemed polite) and was pretending to be a very angry customer who was complaining about a rude waitress and bad service. I angrily asked to talk to the manager.

I waited about 5 minutes while the phone was on speakerphone and this indian sounding dude picks up the phone. I made a fake introduction and told him bla bla bla about how awful their service was. towards the end of the call i asked him by the way, ''Baluchis'' is indian restaurant?

He answered yes...then I asked ''what is Baluchi'' is that the name of a person or some hindi word. He said ''no sir....Baluchistan is a place'' .....I said ''really, oh that's an interesting/odd name, never heard of it'' then he interrupted me and said ''yes sir, it's a place in Pakistan''

i started laughing on the phone and said ''so an indian restaurant that is named after an area of Pakistan......i didnt realize indians held Pakistani lands in such a high esteem''

then i hung up the phone

:tup:

I dont know dude, there details come straight up with a simple google search:
capturexfq.png

Secondly, the guy said its an Indian restaurant as per you, that means it serves Indian cuisine, not that the owners are Indian, could be but it doesnt translate into that..

Thirdly, there are restaurants in New Delhi too, named Pind Baluchi, which serves north Indian food but the owners are ethnically Baloch. Anyways all up for interpretation, but I'd really like to find out who owns the chain!

i started laughing on the phone and said ''so an indian restaurant that is named after an area of Pakistan......i didnt realize indians held Pakistani lands in such a high esteem''

Buddy, their entire COUNTRY is named after a river in Pakistan. :azn:

Oh topic: So this Indian restaurant is discriminating against "brown" people?

Maybe they have an issue with people who have lighter skin than them?

a lot of it has to do with the fact that like for example in New Delhi, restaurants automatically charge 10% service charge, and people just leave over spare change (rounding off to the neartest 10) as tip which is acceptable, and same here in S.China & Hong Kong.

Hi,

I just called their restaurant (its in Tribeca area, New York City) -- landline # (212) 679-3434

It took me forever to find their number on google --- obviously it isnt a popular restaurant because usually google is very quick to bring the most relevant item to the top of the list.

I lied to the host who answered the phone (poor girl, she seemed polite) and was pretending to be a very angry customer who was complaining about a rude waitress and bad service. I angrily asked to talk to the manager.

I waited about 5 minutes while the phone was on speakerphone and this indian sounding dude picks up the phone. I made a fake introduction and told him bla bla bla about how awful their service was. towards the end of the call i asked him by the way, ''Baluchis'' is indian restaurant?

He answered yes...then I asked ''what is Baluchi'' is that the name of a person or some hindi word. He said ''no sir....Baluchistan is a place'' .....I said ''really, oh that's an interesting/odd name, never heard of it'' then he interrupted me and said ''yes sir, it's a place in Pakistan''

then i hung up the phone

oh and i'll leave the best for last

this is one of the few reviews that i saw on this restaurant online:

LOL.

Exactly what I thought.

A legit Baloch would never call himself "Balochi" (thats a language) or whatever weird way that restaurant spelt it nor would they try to market themselves as "indian cuisine" because I'm assuming Baloch food is pretty different from indian food.

So basically an indian decided to name his restaurant after a province in Pakistan.

Interesting.

What did i say that was so disrespectfull. i m wondering man. my father is punjabi and mother is pashtun . but some of my phupos are fairer than my khalas. i m not supporting anybody here.

My bad, too many times I've come on here and seen new people referring to themselves as Afghani calling other ethnic groups in Pakistan as black. I suspected you might be one so I tested you before. I'm Kashmiri, All ethnic groups are not that different, some dark some light, don't bring percentages out from the air.

LOL.

Exactly what I thought.

A legit Baloch would never call himself "Balochi" (thats a language) or whatever weird way that restaurant spelt it nor would they try to market themselves as "indian cuisine" because I'm assuming Baloch food is pretty different from indian food.

So basically an indian decided to name his restaurant after a province in Pakistan.

Interesting.

Dance please bookmark this thread for when Indians make baseless claims. :lol:

Also Thanks to you AZ, for your investigative journalism.

Interesting.

not so different actually, I know quite a few restaurants in India, UK & US owned by Indians serving punjabi cuisine but named on the lines of Karachi street food or karachi deli!! and same for Pakistani and even Bangladeshi establishments marketing themselves as Indian.

My bad, too many times I've come on here and seen new people referring to themselves as Afghani calling other ethnic groups in Pakistan as black. I suspected you might be one so I tested you before. I'm Kashmiri, All ethnic groups are not that different, some dark some light, don't bring percentages out from the air.
I love my country and i love my people. i hate afghans(the ones who talk nonsense on internet and post different kind of propogandas against pakistan especially at pashtunforum and afghanforum (where i got banned just because i was showing them their real history and by defending my Jinnah from their abuses.)) thats why i wrote afghanis .

Hi,

then i hung up the phone

oh and i'll leave the best for last

this is one of the few reviews that i saw on this restaurant online:

Have you ever been to US? New York, a lot of Pakistan call their restaurant as Indian. There are many who say Indian Pakistan hotel, so ask them why they think Pakistan belongs to India. The reason is simple because India is a brand.

not so different actually, I know quite a few restaurants in India, UK & US owned by Indians serving punjabi cuisine but named on the lines of Karachi street food or karachi deli!! and same for Pakistani and even Bangladeshi establishments marketing themselves as Indian.

Thats deceiving to me.

Restaurants (whether Pakistani, Indian, whatever) should just name and advertise themselves based on what food they serve and what they are.

Thats deceiving to me.

Restaurants (whether Pakistani, Indian, whatever) should just name and advertise themselves based on what food they serve and what they are.

you, me, most of the s.asians can make the difference, but do you think the f*ing goras know or give a damn!?

LOL.

Exactly what I thought.

Interesting.

so basically, YES! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom