What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked them this question, they said dhaal produces too much fart

It seem Afgahns have done research on it :lol:

well farts happened when enzymes and bacteria in the digestive system break down carbohydrates and proteins in the food. Gas is a product of these chemical processes that take place.

Foods contain more fibre like cabbage, beans and cauliflower take more time to digest and produce more wind..they love red beans? dont they? Is lobiya not daal? I have seen in Peshawar that these afghan serve red lobiya on street with naan in abundance

good day monsieur sultan
I do not understand who you are referring to and what is a `Muhajir`,never read about them in my cultural textbook. Is that a culture,ethnic or religious group.

You're grandpa would be a 'mohajir' for its the Urdu word for an 'immigrant' !

Let me rephrase it for you as it seems no one seems to understand my words within words. What if i am of muhajir birth and my parents and grandparents... or mostly their brothers have taught me this rubbish about MQM being the representative of muhajirs and being so racist towards them that i was so sickened I adopted Pashtun race partly to express solidarity, partly because i loved them? :azn:

Now read the previous post I wrote for you again. Someone born in the muhajir race (albeit denying a link to them)... would feel he has a right to criticize them. I though u were in US dude. How is anyone going to read my book. Probably all of u will just say this is too complicated and throw it in the fire. :D

You are not a bigot. Supporting altaf is stupid in my view... but some people are better than others in many ways... u r just a part of the overall culture in the country.

I'm in US but i grew up in Karachi.

I support MQM not Altaf. There are many good leaders in MQM like Mustafa Kamal, Ishrat ul Ebad, Haider Abbas Rizvi, Farooq Sattar etc.

Also plz write in 2/3 lines which can be read & understand fast. No one love to read 3 full paras.:lol:

good day monsieur sultan
I do not understand who you are referring to and what is a `Muhajir`,never read about them in my cultural textbook. Is that a culture,ethnic or religious group.

'Muhajir' means immigrants . They are the Indian muslims who migrated to Pakistan after partition.

You're grandpa would be a 'mohajir' for its the Urdu word for an 'immigrant' !

Oh I see, that is the urdu word for immigrant. Thanks you for that armstrong, while I haven`t ever been to pakistan, i still kinda consider it part of my heritage because some of my extended family still reside in the coastal city of karachi. To be honest , i was so ignorant until a month ago, I thought pakistan was an ethnic group, my stupidity.

Better supply of exotic spices in Karachi. Come on, monsieur Liontk, you know very well why the Muslims of India left their homes and migrated to Pakistan.

Really your roots are also from indiè, thats very cool. When did your family make a move to pakistan just curious, fyi my familie moved to the port city of karachi in 1948 and i believe that was due to some people being after my grand papa back in india. I am still researching into why they were after but thats another chat. Sorry back to what you said, why did your grandparents move to pakistan, just curious about the reason.

Really your roots are also from indiè, thats very cool. When did your family make a move to pakistan just curious, fyi my familie moved to the port city of karachi in 1948 and i believe that was due to some people being after my grand papa back in india. I am still researching into why they were after but thats another chat. Sorry back to what you said, why did your grandparents move to pakistan, just curious about the reason.

I never asked my Grand parents when did they move but i think it was in early 48 too. My Grand Mother(Paternal) told me that they have whole Mohalla(neighbourhood) of theirs & whole family(close relatives/far relatives) used to live there. They moved to Pakistan leaving everything(did'nt sold or anything) for their land Pakistan, she told me that Pakistan was made for us so they've to go.

Oh I see, that is the urdu word for immigrant. Thanks you for that armstrong, while I haven`t ever been to pakistan, i still kinda consider it part of my heritage because some of my extended family still reside in the coastal city of karachi. To be honest , i was so ignorant until a month ago, I thought pakistan was an ethnic group, my stupidity.

Hmmm coastal side must be Clifton, Defence or Bath Island area? rite?

I think you should go there(Karachi) once atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom