What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok leave everything tell me the meaning of wrora.

Also i wanna know how you say "Kya haal hain aapkay" in Pashto.:D

Rora - Brother

Wror - Big Brother or was it more formal !

Dunno ! :undecided:

Kya haal hain aapkay - Da looking hot Khan ! :D

I love ALL the stuff you mentioned. I mean everything. So what does that make me? :P

You're not a Kashmiri are you ? :blink:

Most of my family goes crazy over Daal-Chaawal & any kind of Daal & Raita for that matter ! :hitwall:

They have a strange liking for fish too ! :bad:

Me - Never liked either of the two ! I'm more of a chicken or a beef person ! *hate mutton* ! :D

You're not a Kashmiri are you ? :blink:

Most of my family goes crazy over Daal-Chaawal & any kind of Daal & Raita for that matter ! :hitwall:

They have a strange liking for fish too ! :bad:

Me - Never liked either of the two ! I'm more of a chicken or a beef person ! *hate mutton* ! :D

Are you sure you are Kashmiri? I use to have Kashmiri friends in Karachi "Dars" mostly & they eat mostly meat. BTW nothing wrong in eating Daal-Chaawal so don't take me wrong.

internet indians use this word & hide under afghan nationality.

I know many indians & afghans here in US they never use this word on my face ever. They talk in very respected way.

well i have seen Afghan using this words on facebook or afghans forums. may be they got it from internet Indians :)

you guys are bengalis if you like fish, if you guy hate mutton, you cant be pathan or balochi aur if you hate camel meat you cant be arab :P

Are you sure you are Kashmiri? I use to have Kashmiri friends in Karachi "Dars" mostly & they eat mostly meat. BTW nothing wrong in eating Daal-Chaawal so don't take me wrong.

Am I sure I am a Kashmiri ? :blink:
@Hyperion : How do I answer that ? :undecided:

Yes I'm a Kashmiri - It says on Buttt - Made in Srinagar ! :D

Yup we're meat lovers too but most in my family go crazy over fish & daaal ! I dislike them both; I'm more carnivorous then my family & hate vegetables too - Unless its Naan Chaaanaas & baked potato ! :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
well according to pathans themselves abdul qadeer khan isnt pathan because he doesnt speak pushto and didnt even originated from the pakhtunkhwa land

do you get your point now?

even imran khan(who says he is a pathan) is not pathan because he is half punjabi half niazi who are mix breed of punjabis and pathans

you guys are bengalis

I agree with you, the problem is you are confusing two terms "pathan" and "pashtun".....pathan is caste of hindi muslims, while term pashtun should be strictly use for those who speak pashto.....for me dr.abdul qadeer khan is not a pashtun but he definatley belongs to pathan caste and these pathans link their ancestry and history to us and i am nobody to deny this connection..

you guys are bengalis if you like fish, if you guy hate mutton, you cant be pathan or balochi aur if you hate camel meat you cant be arab :P

are you joking , pathans and balochs are famous for mutton-khors.....infact this preference distinguishes us from people across indus

Salut

happy new year hehehe

So back to the topic, I am very curious why some pakistani posteurs are so uptight about celebrating their cultural differences. Guys look at canada, our strength is in our diversity and I am sure our pakistani, indienne and other should embrace this as you guys are already living in a diverse environment, hopefully my anglais makes sense instead of ramble. I think the thread author is right to embrace his roots, is there a cultural month in pakistan to celebrate our differences. I know my grand papa lived in karachi but I also did extensive research to find out that my family roots is actually from Uttar pradesh state in india, ironic eh. So my point being we should embrace our cultural history rather than be afraid of it. Now I know you will accuse me of being hypocritical as quebecois nationalism has caused it to be a thorn in past but that was due to some extremist. Anyways bonne thread and please post more about your culture. I am also currently researching into pakistanis that have indienne roots, now i know to some might think that is wierd but I think there might be more pakistanis out there with possible indienne roots.
point of this ramble being that knowing your culture and ethnicity is good and interesting to know and one should be damn proud of it. pakistani and quebecois here and damn proud of it,anglos can suck it hehe

merci pour le thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom