What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I sure I am a Kashmiri ? :blink:
@Hyperion : How do I answer that ? :undecided:

Yes I'm a Kashmiri - It says on Buttt - Made in Srinagar ! :D

Yup we're meat lovers too but most in my family go crazy over fish & daaal ! I dislike them both; I'm more carnivorous then my family & hate vegetables too - Unless its Naan Chaaanaas & baked potato ! :tup:

I see most of my Kashmiri friends in Karachi love to eat Kababs, Channas & Naans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about them, but i have met many bengalis who claim pathan ancestry from old settlers centuries ago. You should now that bengal was ruled by khhilji, lodhi, suri and karlanri pashtuns.......sher shah suri wanted to weaken his rival concentrated afghan communites in india , he dispersed them through out india and sent many of them to bengal where they quickly lost their identity...
Ofcourse you wont know that,but i just told you...

Salut

happy new year hehehe

So back to the topic, I am very curious why some pakistani posteurs are so uptight about celebrating their cultural differences. Guys look at canada, our strength is in our diversity and I am sure our pakistani, indienne and other should embrace this as you guys are already living in a diverse environment, hopefully my anglais makes sense instead of ramble. I think the thread author is right to embrace his roots, is there a cultural month in pakistan to celebrate our differences. I know my grand papa lived in karachi but I also did extensive research to find out that my family roots is actually from Uttar pradesh state in india, ironic eh. So my point being we should embrace our cultural history rather than be afraid of it. Now I know you will accuse me of being hypocritical as quebecois nationalism has caused it to be a thorn in past but that was due to some extremist. Anyways bonne thread and please post more about your culture. I am also currently researching into pakistanis that have indienne roots, now i know to some that might be wierd but I think there might be more pakistanis out there with possible indienne roots.

merci pour le thread

My grand parents were from Utter Pradesh but they taught me that my motherland is Pakistan. I love Pakistan.

P.S I'm from Karachi too.

Anyone got popcorn?... @darkinsky and @Monkey D Luffy trying to prove which is the bigger bigot. Vir chakra if the altaf lover wins and some crazy award from afghanistan if afghanistan lover wins. @Armstrong any commentary-how do you see tonights game going? Is Monkey D Luffy going to call an army of terrorists from Afghanistan... or is darkinsky going to bring darkinkarachi people with gunny sacks #boribundlashein.

I grew up in Karachi FYI. And my parents & grandparents had only taught me to love Pakistan, you should not drag my parents or grandparents as i take it personally.

Let me rephrase it for you as it seems no one seems to understand my words within words. What if i am of muhajir birth and my parents and grandparents... or mostly their brothers have taught me this rubbish about MQM being the representative of muhajirs and being so racist towards them that i was so sickened I adopted Pashtun race partly to express solidarity, partly because i loved them? :azn:

Now read the previous post I wrote for you again. Someone born in the muhajir race (albeit denying a link to them)... would feel he has a right to criticize them. I though u were in US dude. How is anyone going to read my book. Probably all of u will just say this is too complicated and throw it in the fire. :D

You are not a bigot. Supporting altaf is stupid in my view... but some people are better than others in many ways... u r just a part of the overall culture in the country.

My grand parents were from Utter Pradesh but they taught me that my motherland is Pakistan. I love Pakistan.

P.S I'm from Karachi too.

Really your roots are also from indiè, thats very cool. When did your family make a move to pakistan just curious, fyi my familie moved to the port city of karachi in 1948 and i believe that was due to some people being after my grand papa back in india. I am still researching into why they were after but thats another chat. Sorry back to what you said, why did your grandparents move to pakistan, just curious about the reason.

Are you actually kidding me? :rofl

Luffy... i give up. Before writing Badal I am seriously going to write north pole to south pole in 30 seconds with Dr jawad AKA Luffy. That is a 180 degree turn faster than shumachar could pull it off.

If this is a genuine thing and ur butt is hurting for muhajirs after insulting them and pashtuns for months then I believe that it just maybe u might be losing some of ur racist tendencies. B8 if it was just a cheap attempt to attack me through method 2 since 1 didn't work (u r insulting afghans bit) then this is a very sorry one... mods and admins know my background since 2007. I was far different back then and openly a muhajir who had no clue that i was part of the ethnic issue. I would only request them to research. lol. Ask webbie about my rebellious days. Even quit the forum. For more insight why i have a right to insult muhajirs in the most brutal manner refer to my reply to american pakistani (why is P-A-K-I=**** :angry:)

But either way thanks for admitting I am a Pashtun and proving my theories right... :D
So now Imran khan and all those u posted aren't fake pashtuns, right? :azn:

End of luffy as the racist? If so won't even have a problem if mods throw me off the site. :lol:
I think despite everything i might sleep peacefully 2nite.

You dont need a certificate of being pathan from me, i am going against you for entirely different reasons......if you are brave and man of character then every pashtun would hug and accept you but if you are coward and spineless then every pashtun would despise you even if you are from royal family of afghanistan...

Anyone got popcorn?... @darkinsky and @Monkey D Luffy trying to prove which is the bigger bigot. Vir chakra if the altaf lover wins and some crazy award from afghanistan if afghanistan lover wins. @Armstrong any commentary-how do you see tonights game going? Is Monkey D Luffy going to call an army of terrorists from Afghanistan... or is darkinsky going to bring darkinkarachi people with gunny sacks #boribundlashein.

Let me rephrase it for you as it seems no one seems to understand my words within words. What if i am of muhajir birth and my parents and grandparents... or mostly their brothers have taught me this rubbish about MQM being the representative of muhajirs and being so racist towards them that i was so sickened I adopted Pashtun race partly to express solidarity, partly because i loved them? :azn:

Now read the previous post I wrote for you again. Someone born in the muhajir race (albeit denying a link to them)... would feel he has a right to criticize them. I though u were in US dude. How is anyone going to read my book. Probably all of u will just say this is too complicated and throw it in the fire. :D

You are not a bigot. Supporting altaf is stupid in my view... but some people are better than others in many ways... u r just a part of the overall culture in the country.

good day monsieur sultan
I do not understand who you are referring to and what is a `Muhajir`,never read about them in my cultural textbook. Is that a culture,ethnic or religious group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom