What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 5-10 million muslims left for pakistan, so my familie weren`t the only one your implying. your right I just found an article that verifies what you say, there might be a connection between people after my familie there and the events of mass migration your talking about. Man today is the best day of the year , merci for that, looks like i am going to be up all night reading up about this this. Thanks so much, thank lord that i stumble upon this thread, you saved me hours of researching.

lol...i'm happy for you wrora:blink:...i mean yaara:hitwall:...oopss...i mean brother.(it's time you start learning basic Pakistani words like wrora & yaara):argh:

Are you dyslexic, monsieur? Wherein have I mentioned religion in my post? :blink:

My humblest apoligie, monsieur hyperion, I did not understand what you were referring to and thought by bringing islam, you were trying to degrade it. i am just paranoid with people bringing religion especially in canada but a fellow posters earlier referred me to the historical event of mass migration that you were referring to and i think there is connection between my familie history as i mentioned earlier, once again i apologize for my ignorance and hopefully you don`t take it wrong

I bet his dad sold "Chaplee Kebab" @ Peshawar Morh, in Islamabad! :D

Oh, and he was the "chotta" who brought refreshments and fresh "naan". :P

Spent many years in refugee camp in Pakistan with his family during the war with soviets.

Somne notable Non-pashto speaking Pathans aka naqli pashtuns from lahore,

Abdul_Qadir_11_qtqhk_Pak101%28dot%29com.jpg

Abdul Qadir khan, former test cricketer

Intikhab-Alam-Khan.jpg

Intikhab alam khan, former test cricketr

z_p18-Lieverz4.jpg

Javed burki, former test cricketer

majid_khan-1.gif.png

Majid khan, former test cricketer

Imrank220.jpg

Imran khan

417413-HumayunAkhtarKhan-1344024374-678-640x480.JPG

hamayun akhtar khan

ASHFAQ-AHMED.jpg

Asfaq ahmed , urdu writer, a mohmand from firozpur

147508_news_image.jpg

actor

@Armstrong, @haviZsultan, [MENTION][astonish khan[/MENTION]

so are Pashto speaking people "Pathans" or are non-Pashto ethnic Pashtuns considered "Pathans"

i'm getting confused here!

Last edited by a moderator:
No apologies are necessary! Enjoy your stay, and ask whatever questions you may have! :)

Cheers.

My humblest apoligie, monsieur hyperion, I did not understand what you were referring to and thought by bringing islam, you were trying to degrade it. i am just paranoid with people bringing religion especially in canada but a fellow posters earlier referred me to the historical event of mass migration that you were referring to and i think there is connection between my familie history as i mentioned earlier, once again i apologize for my ignorance and hopefully you don`t take it wrong

Thanks to darkinsky's eternal insecurity... we now have to tell the world about our weaknesses and give them something else to exploit other than Indians and US using a shoulder of our canadian buddies to harrass nationalist factions back there.

Its just an ethnic term. Useless. Muhajir is a fake identity that I maintain is abusive to a particular people... but this is the funny thing. These same people want to maintain that identity as something that differentiates them from their countrymen. Don't get involved in this. It won't help u much when u travel to Pakistan my canuck friend.

Me am off to bed. I m glad you are interested in our culture. You could start a thread for it somewhere more useful... perhaps? Armstrong can entertain u...

You should visit when you think you are ready to. Yes right now focus on your studies.

hmmm so you from Quebec Province?

oui :smitten:, I am from la belle province of canada born and bred here. however I am not pasty face french boy, I get pakistanie heritage from my grandpapa, who is 100% pakistanie. I actually am taking urdu classes on the side on top of my studies. I can converse basic urdu and write in roman hehe.

I bet his dad sold "Chaplee Kebab" @ Peshawar Morh, in Islamabad! :D

Oh, and he was the "chotta" who brought refreshments and fresh "naan". :P

He was not Chotta during that time, He was a grown up man with kids.

I dont know how credible this pic is! But its worth sharing

Karzai.jpg

so are Pashto speaking people "Pathans" or are non-Pashto ethnic Pashtuns considered "Pathans"

i'm getting confused here!

If you speak pashto in home then i am sure you dont use word "pathan" for each other.......pathan is to pashtun like mughal is to mongol.... mughals didnt speak their ancestor langauge mongolian neither they were following much of the culture , traditions and customs of their ancestors mongols of mongolia........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom