What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

It's not anger as much as amusement about the delusion of chauvinist's. Dreaming about getting some thing to match Shaheen -2 or Agni-2 without even having anything to match prithvi or Haft !!!

I am talking of the long term, and it is a target.

It may not be achievable immediately but it is not impossible.

Anyway we are not a militaristic nation and prioritise civilian development over arms and thus budget accordingly. I do not think Bangladeshi military planners will be in any rush to acquire major missiles, nor do I think they should be. However in the long term we should definitely be working towards as much military parity with India as possible and required for our defence needs.

This is the first time i may be commenting on BD section,in defence matters,so my knowledge is limited.
Are you saying BD has been using F-7 for some time now?

from 1985..............

I am talking of the long term, and it is a target.

It may not be achievable immediately but it is not impossible.

Anyway we are not a militaristic nation and prioritise civilian development over arms and thus budget accordingly. I do not think Bangladeshi military planners will be in any rush to acquire major missiles, nor do I think they should be. However in the long term we should definitely be working towards as much military parity with India as possible and required for our defence needs.

You will have a 1.1 million army, a 30 squadron air force and a two carrier fleet, with eight to ten submarines, including nuclear submarines of both attack and missile types? In brief.

OK guys enough trolling and humiliating BD members. Now just move on. It was a stupid mistake on part of author and BD member also accept that. No need to continuously troll on it.

lol last time i checked BD was evaluating F16 Gripen, su 30 and Mig 29SMT.. F-16 and gripen was left out.. BD is currently evaluating Mig29smt and su30.... these f7BGI were ordered as stop gap as BAF was in immediate need of interceptors for new cox's bazar base as maritime dispute between bd myanmar was high by that time, thankfully it was settled by inernational court few months ago........................

any pictures of evaluation ?

ALL F7 BGI FOR COX BAZAR BASE

Cox%27s_Bazar.GIF

any pictures of evaluation ?

no but janes article..........

You will have a 1.1 million army, a 30 squadron air force and a two carrier fleet, with eight to ten submarines, including nuclear submarines of both attack and missile types? In brief.

Add to that Agni -V and K-15, AAD, PAD, stealth frigates. These guys forget that they can't compete with India and are hard pressed to even challenge Myanmar Military. And their friend China is actively arming the Burmese Generals.

Contact Hongwu or Sinochallenger, they might sell you couple of nuclear tipped D-5s. :D

POLITICS - Turkey begins work on ICBM

Bengalis were involved in helping Turkey in their war of independence and we are regarded as a good ally, and at one point we were their strongest supporter over North Cyprus.

China is also another warm ally.

Turkey developing ICBMs is good news for Bangladesh as they are our brothers and what strengthens them, strengthens us.

Turkey is also striving to make a next generation fighter plane: #DXB11: Turkey starts next generation fighter - The DEW Line

We have no avionics sector of any note but we are working on developing so and catching up with Indonesia (whom we were ahead of a few decades ago in general economic and industrial terms) which does, and when we do we will be more than happy to help our brothers the Turks with any assistance in next generation fighter planes, not that they may need it at all.

Turkey and Bangladesh can take joint steps in defense industry | Diplomacy | World Bulletin

If BD and Pak have been operating similar planes for so long, what stops BAF and PAF from Forming a NATO style alliance for defence purposes,even if limited to both airforces?
Will benifit both countries.

We need enough force to deter any Indian agression and also to defend our territory.

Singapore has a military which can counter much larger Malaysia.

Finland has a military (and a military record) which can counter the much larger Russia.

Israel has a military which is able to deal with 300 million + Arabs.

Quality not quantity.

We need enough force to deter any Indian agression and also to defend our territory.

Singapore has a military which can counter much larger Malaysia.

Finland has a military (and a military record) which can counter the much larger Russia.

Israel has a military which is able to deal with 300 million + Arabs.

Quality not quantity.

Of course, of course.

Are you saying that as a subject of the Queen or as a Bangladeshi?

Back
Top Bottom