What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

On topic.
What arrangements BAF is making for Pilot and maintenance staff training?

PAF having decades of experience with this aircraft could have trained BD pilots and technicians.....

In other words in the long term we need to acquire missiles which can at the very least match the AGNI II and the Shaheen II.

1. These new F7-BGIs are replacements for interceptors and are far superior to the interceptors they replace.

2. The actual main air combat planes will be bought at a later date. With the rapidly increasing pace of Chinese military technology (as well as civilian technology, China a short while back had the fastest computer in the world and then the Japanese beat them, not sure of the current leader) future Chinese fighter planes may be better than US ones, and free of the duplicitous and unreliable nature of US military sales.

3. Current Bangladeshi military policy emphasises as much TOT as possible with all military-deals, though I do not think this may apply here, however China and Bangladesh are now jointly producing naval craft and there is TOT there.

4. The Bangladeshi airforce has established an avionics centre which will at first produce indigenous light aircraft (not sure if rotary craft are the first targets).

5. The main emphasis however is on the navy to defend the bay of Bengal which may contain $5 trillion worth of resources and which the US has implicitly told India and Burma is primarily Bangladesh's and to back off.

6. In addition to interceptors (which these F7-BGIs replace) and combat craft there is the air defence system which has now started to be installed.

I personally also recommend the acquisition of missiles including missiles that can match India's second tier of ballistics (i.e excluding ICBMs) and we can buy that from either China or Turkey.

Turkey is now working on producing long range ICBMs.

Ever heard about MTCR protocol ? And BAF is unable to buy 4th Gen AC's due to lack of funds and you are dreaming about buying missile which can match India. Even Pak is finding it difficult to match the Indian Military. Better you think about Myanmar as they have an AirForce capable of beating you with ease.

In other words in the long term we need to acquire missiles which can at the very least match the AGNI II and the Shaheen II.

Haha.....you are kidding yourself !!!

Ever heard about MTCR protocol ? And BAF is unable to buy 4th Gen AC's due to lack of funds and you are dreaming about buying missile which can match India. Even Pak is finding it difficult to match the Indian Military. Better you think about Myanmar as they have an AirForce capable of beating you with ease.

itna ghusa kiyoon brother cool down :lol:

itna ghusa kiyoon brother cool down :lol:

It's not anger as much as amusement about the delusion of chauvinist's. Dreaming about getting some thing to match Shaheen -2 or Agni-2 without even having anything to match prithvi or Haft !!!

On topic.
What arrangements BAF is making for Pilot and maintenance staff training?

PAF having decades of experience with this aircraft could have trained BD pilots and technicians.....

we have good f7 pilots already...... and we also have facilities to repair f-7, China helped though. ...

Haha.....you are kidding yourself !!!

If we can do the things that I recommend then we can.

If we cannot, then we cannot.

There always ways to circumvent treaties as many states including both India and Pakistan have shown.

Bangladesh must have military parity with both of its neighbours as much as possible in order to maintain a very strong deterrent to ensure our security.

There was speculation in the past of Burma seeking to gain nuclear weapons and missiles from North Korea, if such a thing were to ever happen then Bangladesh will have to acquire nuclear weapons as soon as possible.

Bangladeshis determine our defence needs and not foreigners.

we have good f7 pilots already...... and we also have facilities to repair f-7, China helped though. ...

This is the first time i may be commenting on BD section,in defence matters,so my knowledge is limited.
Are you saying BD has been using F-7 for some time now?

High on something?
F-7 CANNOT carry any of those.

The improvement of our missile defences has nothing to do with F7-BGIs, I am talking in general terms as I did when I was speaking about our navy, which also has nothing to do with the F7-BGI.

If we can do the things that I recommend then we can.

If we cannot, then we cannot.

There always ways to circumvent treaties as many states including both India and Pakistan have shown.

Bangladesh must have military parity with both of its neighbours as much as possible in order to maintain a very strong deterrent to ensure our security.

There was speculation in the past of Burma seeking to gain nuclear weapons and missiles from North Korea, if such a thing were to ever happen then Bangladesh will have to acquire nuclear weapons as soon as possible.

Bangladeshis determine our defence needs and not foreigners.

Considering the flags you have displayed, which of the two are you?

This is the first time i may be commenting on BD section,in defence matters,so my knowledge is limited.
Are you saying BD has been using F-7 for some time now?

I think that he is pointing out that a BD pilot can fly anything, anywhere.

lol last time i checked BD was evaluating F16 Gripen, su 30 and Mig 29SMT.. F-16 and gripen was left out.. BD is currently evaluating Mig29smt and su30.... these f7BGI were ordered as stop gap as BAF was in immediate need of interceptors for new cox's bazar base as maritime dispute between bd myanmar was high by that time, thankfully it was settled by inernational court few months ago........................

Back
Top Bottom