What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

Lol..this pic was taken last year i think during USAF-PAF Exercise.

Lol..this pic was taken last year i think during USAF-PAF Exercise.

I don't think so, USA will allow not allow pakistan F-7 or some other to exercise along with Raptor...

I don't think so, USA will allow not allow pakistan F-7 or some other to exercise along with Raptor...
It was not only Pakistan that participated in that exercise - First time US sent F22's to any international exercise (Iron Eagle 09)
The following air forces participated.
France, Jordan, Pakistan, the U.A.E., the U.K. and the U.S participated in this exercise ~
Anyways, you can see the pictures here WAFF | World's Armed Forces Forum: Gorgeous pics from the Iron Eagle 09 exercise in the UAE
PAF Falcons Forums • View topic - PAF participated in Iron Eagle 09 exercise
US Sent more 4+ F22's.
15 November 2009: Six Raptors and 150 Airmen from Langley AFB participate in Exercise Iron Falcon, a multilateral training exercise in the United Arab Emirates. The exercise marks the first F-22 deployment to the Gulf Region.In 2009, the F-22 Raptor made its first appearance in the Middle East at the United Arab Emirates Air Warfare Center from November until December 10. Six Raptors and their support unit from the 1st Fighter Wing att Langley Air Force Base, Virginia performed bilateral training their coalitions partners.
http://www.codeonemagazine.com/gall...0ea5bc58dd6=10&gallery_id=129&gallery_style=3
Iron Eagle Exercise 2009-(PAF,USAF,UAEAF ...)-pictures shared | Facebook

The article doesn't claims the f 7s are air superiority fighters. What it means is that BAF can achieve air superiority with team work of mig 29s and f 7s.

Its obvious that the rival must be also an equivalent to BAF.

lolz bachy we did it :mps:

25135101501557738904516.jpg

PAFF-7PGwithUSF-22Raptor1.jpg

091209-F-8155K-528.jpg

091209-F-8155K-566.jpg

PG-meets-Raptor-large.jpg

PG MEETS RAPTOR

The painting depicts a PAF F-7PG flying with USAF F-22 Raptor over UAE during a freindly air exercise.

New Age is no expert of fighter planes. So are we in this forum. However, wiki is not bashing the BGI. Rather it says it is the best of all the F-7 variant:

7BGI: The Most Upgraded version of chengdu F-7 for Bangladesh Air Force, 3.5 generation & Beyond-visual-range missile, PGM capable. F-7BGI is the best & most capable F-7 ever produced.

Wiki says it is BVR capable, but New Age does not say so. It says of a jamming system of enemy BVR radars. As far as I know, BGI is BVR capable with 40 to 50 km range. Some people say, this range is most suitable for an attack. BGI speed is 2.0 mach and its climbing rate is 195m/sec. BGI has seven hard points instead of regular five hard points in all other variants.

I trust the common sense and ability of our airforce officers. They certainly did not get swayed by the Jamaati members in the PDF who wanted BAF to buy F-17 at any cost whose speed is only 1.6 mach. Jamaatis here regularly bash BGI only because the BAF has the audacity not to buy JF-17 a lower class plane than BGI. BGI (F-7) is a proven platform, but Thunder is not.

why are you bringing jf-17 into this thread , honestly what is your intentions ? if you don't like Pakistan ok no problem, but why pick on it in every thread unnecessarily creating friction between Pakistanis & Bangladeshis. What is it that you want ? or are you here just to troll ? i condemn imran khan for his trolling but in the meantime i cannot ignore the fact that some bd members unnecessarily provokes by bringing Pakistan directly or indirectly in a negative pattern,
&
"this thread is not about j-f17"

3rd gen fighters flying with 5th gen fighter......i think the PAF pilots were feeling embarrassed

why they have no block-52+ ? in fact its may be USA demand us to send f7 they don't like our front line fighter have real experience with raptors .

3rd gen fighters flying with 5th gen fighter......i think the PAF pilots were feeling embarrassed

REALLY ....

and you think the pilot in a multi billon dollar, 5th Gen, Super Duper plane would feel COMFORTABLE tailed by aircraft from 1950s design !

I think the lack of first class protiens have skewed your frame of reference.

I cant say what the PAF or Raptor pilots were feeling.
But i can say it for certain that you are feeling jealous :lol:

1. These new F7-BGIs are replacements for interceptors and are far superior to the interceptors they replace.

2. The actual main air combat planes will be bought at a later date. With the rapidly increasing pace of Chinese military technology (as well as civilian technology, China a short while back had the fastest computer in the world and then the Japanese beat them, not sure of the current leader) future Chinese fighter planes may be better than US ones, and free of the duplicitous and unreliable nature of US military sales.

3. Current Bangladeshi military policy emphasises as much TOT as possible with all military-deals, though I do not think this may apply here, however China and Bangladesh are now jointly producing naval craft and there is TOT there.

4. The Bangladeshi airforce has established an avionics centre which will at first produce indigenous light aircraft (not sure if rotary craft are the first targets).

5. The main emphasis however is on the navy to defend the bay of Bengal which may contain $5 trillion worth of resources and which the US has implicitly told India and Burma is primarily Bangladesh's and to back off.

6. In addition to interceptors (which these F7-BGIs replace) and combat craft there is the air defence system which has now started to be installed.

I personally also recommend the acquisition of missiles including missiles that can match India's second tier of ballistics (i.e excluding ICBMs) and we can buy that from either China or Turkey.

Turkey is now working on producing long range ICBMs.

Back
Top Bottom