What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

He finds Jamati everywhere......

I don't know...I think I'll call him Uncle Crank from now on :D

JF-17 is certainly better than F7.... But Bangladesh recently established a F-7 workshop. we can repair our f7 in BD, but have to send mig29 to Russia......... so judging platforms and other facilities, F7 is more feasible than J17... is it too difficult to understand for some idiots here???

Of-course the JF-17 is technically superior. Only a moron would argue against that.

Much of what you say are unfortunately true. Apparently, they were very interested in the Su-27 and now the Su-30. Now, who's going to pay for buying those, and running those? They come with spares, ammo, engines, training, equipment, infrastructure, etc. Those cost a lot.

I mean, they can't even run a freaking airline properly, and even took Biman's IATA callsign "BG" to name their F-7 variant. I mean, how cheesy is that?

I am sorry for ranting. I'm saying this since it is the government we are talking about. And yes, Biman and CAAB are run by ex-air force officers (Seriously?)

And yes, they are usually pretty corrupt.

There is a serious void in BAF's decision-making capabilities.

Dunno about the rest.

I don't know what idiots makes weapons procurement plans for BAF, but one thing for sure, they pretty much suck at the defense outlooks and strategy.

Yep, it is true. At least for BAF.

1. We have a compact land space of around 58,000 sq miles. We have already acquired and are in the process of acquiring powerful ground based Air Defs. Combining all these factors, we are okay. Moreover, we are not anticipating any adversary to be able to deploy anything superior against us in the near future without jeopardizing its other fronts.

2. That this aircraft is a stop gap measure has already been announced. We are looking to induct J-10 or similar in the near future. Meanwhile we need to keep our pilots and air force exercised.

I don't know what idiots makes weapons procurement plans for BAF, but one thing for sure, they pretty much suck at the defense outlooks and strategy.

Only Yak-130 acquisitions lately seems to be logical.

BAF may hire a brany teacher like you to train its Procurement and Evaluation Officers. BAF needs your sevice. Please volunteer to join.

BAF may hire a brany teacher like you to train its Procurement and Evaluation Officers. BAF needs your sevice. Please volunteer to join.

Now the question comes down to, what'll be my salary and where do i sign up? :D

BAF has been let down by the politicians rather then then letting us down.

As a defensive force we should aim to be a 5-7 squadron airforce with a hi-low mix of crafts in the medium term -10 years.

Not really sure what BAF is really planning for. Newspaper articles are written by civilians and BD military do not publicise strategy papers.....

Hoping BAF is following a carefully considered plan considering all factors.

Veteran doesn't have to mean anything beyond rank & file.

That guy seems to be an ill educated unemployed nerd who has never been laid seeking importance by trolling, egged on by Indians... Ignore ..... This is just a p*ki forum with some interesting conversations going on .. Personally seeking mod intervention by BDs here unnecessarily gives this forum undue relevance- just a personal opinion, others are obviously more engaged hence will feel differently ... My view BDs should not take this place seriously, it's a foreign site.... Use it for what it is.... A little bit of time pass

We need, 300000 army, 6 squadron air force and a fleet of 3 sub, 8 frigate and 8 corvettes to defend ourselves against any attack from India or whosoever...:agree:

Of these BD is short of submarines, which it will induct by next year, no doubt. At least one.

You must be joking right!! Please review the specs once again... Mig-29 is one of the best air superiority fighters in the world..:agree:

Yes it was designed as an air superiority fighter. But it turned out as a point defense interceptor due to it's fuel hungry engine and low internal fuel volume.

Yes it was designed as an air superiority fighter. But it turned out as a point defense interceptor due to it's fuel hungry engine and low internal fuel volume.

The range is not a concern for tiny countries with small area to defend, and that deficiency can be negated by topping it up with mid-air refueling.

No war! Apparently India don't have better relation with Pakistan, and India even though took the bearing of the Tamils of Sri Lanka-the reality is India is unwanted in Sri Lanka.

sri lankans knows that better what we are meant for them or not!! for pak, relations are improving along with trade cbm. What you are looking for? :azn:

So what Bangladesh have to do is just join with this two and already our trade is high with China. We don't think our relation with India will be good enough and that's your Govt.'s fault, not our.

How your trade theory is linked with Strategic trio of bangladesh,sl and pak?
Moreover what an irony is "Same govt who has expressed thanks for 1971 to us asking for apology from pak for the same" :toast_sign:
You have earned your bread for today. Come tomorrow....

You are superpower so what you are afraid of! You will do good.

Do you really believe that your some 16 3rd Gen F7 would make us piss off ? :lol: Our BSF is more than enough for you...

According to http://www.airliners.net

Range:

MiG-29SMT - Improved range due to the added conformal fuel tanks. Air-refueling capability, only on newly manufactured a/c. Range is up to 3000km with conformal and external tanks.

F-16 Block 60 - Improved range due to the conformal fuel tanks. Air-refuelling capable. Range without CFT but with external fuel tanks is over 3000km, with CFT, is unknown.

Back
Top Bottom