What's new

Babur's New Prospectus ?

Yes both RK-55 and KH-55 share a similar design and According to my links they have similar propulsion system.Still russia dont call them variants of each other.

Similar design theory is yours not mine.
Dont put your own perceptions on me after what you have got the clear cut answer of the rubbishery being believed by some members.
What on earth are you trying to prove? You just told us that RK-55 and KH-55 share the same engine and the same design, yet they're not variants of one another because wikipedia doesn't say so? Give us a specific reference by the Russians telling us that these are unrelated missiles, because right now, your own logic (the engines are the same) and mine (design) suggest something other than what you were trying to prove.
I thought you are an expert on Aeronautics but now it looks like that I have to change my view about you.
Both RK-55 and KH-55 are for long range strategic strike so they both must have TURBOFAN installed on them.Thats why they have similar propulsion system.
They're using the exact same turbofan.
A simple reason.
But its your similar design theory which is proved wrong through this example.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, so I WILL have to dumb it down a bit...
This part is not Understandable.What F107 and ALCM are you talking about?From where this F107 comes?

The evidece is in my post in which I replied to Naushad.
The Evidence clearly says that there was a plan for AL version of BGM-109 First named MRASM for short range strike.But the removal of Gryphon from service and the study by the USAF showing AGM-86 not sufficient for penetration of soviet air defences results in the long range,low RCS AL ADVANCE CRUISE MISSILE-129.
I want a specific source telling us that AGM-129 is based on BGM-109...such a detail would not be left to wikipedia guesswork.
And your engine point Is laughable.

All ALCM's in the world have different engines from their ground versions,'Smaller and Compact'(In some cases the difference is little).
After all they have to be carried on an air vehicle who have to fly,maneouvre and have to carry his and arnaments weight also.
You just told us that Raad ALCM and Babur GLCM use same powerplant and this was one of the reasons why you claimed Raad is a variant of Babur. Seems you are trying to change up your arguments...interesting!

What NoN sense...

great attitude

All ALCM's in the world dont use solid Booster.

Never said so

Those are AIR LAUNCHED ANTISHIP MISSILES who use solid booster because of the different mode of their target i.e "MOVABLE".

Dont confuse cruise missiles with Antiship missiles.

I know the diffrence; but some times land attack CM version be converted to antiship purposes; you urself have given refence to Uran & Tomahawk variants..:toast_sign:

For Strategic use of cruise missiles,For example against Stationary targets on Land TURBO JET or TURBO FAN engines are used and among them,TURBO FAN in AL missiles dont require solid booster until and unless Used for Antiship role but they are not used in Antiship missiles.TURBO JETs are preferred over Turbofans in Antiship missiles.

Well you have got a good observation but pathetic correlations:hitwall:

your reasons are simply wrong turbofans have a great edge over turbojets with respect to
  • more fuel efficient especially at subsonic speeds thats why not used in supersonic CMs; because the fans in front of turbofan cause a great shitty drag at higher Machs & not because the target is moving
  • are more controllable/reliable can operate over a spectrum of thrust profiles
Why turbojets are used because
  • because they are cheap
  • easily integrated in airframe (more stealthy than protruding turbofan airframes)

do remember
If you are just talking exit temperature from the core, they should be roughly the same. If you are talking about average exit temperature, a turbojet would be higher because it doesn't have all that ambient bypass air to mix with.

Thus turbofan are less prone to IR detection

Last edited:
oh4qo3.jpg

:woot:

What on earth are you trying to prove? You just told us that RK-55 and KH-55 share the same engine and the same design, yet they're not variants of one another because wikipedia doesn't say so? Give us a specific reference by the Russians telling us that these are unrelated missiles, because right now, your own logic (the engines are the same) and mine (design) suggest something other than what you were trying to prove.

RK-55 and KH-55 Share same engine,same design and yet they are not variants of each other because...

WIKIPEDIA(which is more reliable than you) says that they are not variants of each other not on any assumptions and nonsense reasons(like you) but with some logic

You make an effort to read the wiki link but god knows why you didn't read that on the same page :rolleyes:

The RK-55 is very similar to the air-launched Kh-55 (AS-15 'Kent') but the Kh-55 has a drop-down turbofan engine[3] and was designed by MKB Raduga
WIKI says it so because KH-55's TURBO FAN is a drop down one which is different from RK-55's TURBO FAN
Wiki say's it so because the Manufacturers of both the misssiles are different

RK-55 is made by NOVATOR while KH-55 is made by MKB Raduga

This has again proved my point

Refer to my post on this thread with num 48 in which i said that if two manufacturers make similar technology with little difference or with huge difference they cant be called as variants of each other.And i think it is an easily understandable thing even for an ordinary man that ,What is meant by TWO DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS?

And i hope that I dont have to give you another source for proving that what is meant by TWO DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS. :disagree:

In case of Pakistan it is impossible that only one organization NESCOM will be making so called two different technologies under one ROOF.

Ra'ad & Babur cannot be variants of each other only IF they were to be made by TWO DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS.
But its not the case here both are made by one organization NESCOM which is RESPONSIBLE for all the defence developments in Pakistan.

So when i busted your design theory you came up with similar engine theory which is also busted now.

I think all the points are clear now and all the facts are proving my Point.
Now lets see what remain's in your basket to prove me wrong.

Will you try another last desparate Or failed in advance attempt OR
Will agree with my point.

But before continuing it to make it your ego problem one thing i will like to tell you that Truth remains Truth,You cant change it

They're using the exact same turbofan.

Yes AGM-129 & Gryphon,Tomahawk all uses same Turbo fan and even the case of drop down turbofan which was in KH-55 is also not present here.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, so I WILL have to dumb it down a bit...

I want a specific source telling us that AGM-129 is based on BGM-109...such a detail would not be left to wikipedia guesswork.

BGM-109 used F107-WR-400 turbo fan.
AGM-129 use F112-WR-100 turbofan.

The manufacturer of both is same

"Williams International"

Williams International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Williams International

Manufacturer of BGM-109:

General Dynamics

Manufacturer of AGM-129:

General Dynamics (initially)
Raytheon Missile Systems

Note: Please dont ask for a source who will tell us What is INITIALLY? :lol:

Because atleast I already know that what is meant by INITIALLY.

Manufacturer is same,engines are same & Hey engine manufacturer is also same :yahoo:

So please forgive wikipedia because this organization assume things on the above one cases.
It can't be so genius like you who will assume things on nonsense.
No doubt you can't be matched by anyone.You are the only one of your kind.But please sir I beg you,forgive wikipedia .It is not as genius like you.

You just told us that Raad ALCM and Babur GLCM use same powerplant and this was one of the reasons why you claimed Raad is a variant of Babur. Seems you are trying to change up your arguments...interesting!

Oh god are you behaving like this or you really dont know any thing.

Please listen TURBOFAN is a engine which is used to give power to a air vehicle.

In Order to Fit this engine in a vehicle the engine should be at that much size which is alloted for the engine part.
It should not be larger than that part.
Smaller engine may run but this situation should be avoided.

Take a example of a truck and a car;

The truck's engine can't be installed in car because it is bigger and it cannot be fitted into the engine compartment of car.But if you will make some changes in trucks engine,Minor or major in order to install it in the car.After the costumised changes you can fit it into the car.

Similarly if you will try to install a bigger air vehicle's engine into a smaller vehicle you will fail because that engine is not made for the smaller vehicle.But you can do it after some changes.

But this fact will remain fact that both are engines & if their charecteristics are also same then they will be called same type of engines

Similarly if a turbo fan is installed in a aircraft and another one on a missile then the fact is that they will still be called as turbo fan
(Atleast on earth we do this,But i dont know about your world Mark sien).

So i am not changing my point.My point was same and it is same.It is just that I believe on real facts in which science or people believe,Dont know about you.

what the heck,,,

we are here to share inform and seek knowledge about te latest developments in defence inductry..
not to disgrace other members, atleast you must keep this basic rule in your mind while posting such flaming posts...
disappointing :hitwall:

i dont understand what are you trying to prove by showin down to each other...

BABUR Missile
The Babur’s twin-spool RD95-300 turbofan, derived from the 36MT engine developed by Russia’s NPO Saturn, is embedded in the tail and uses a ventral air inlet duct (which pops out after missile launch) and tailcone exhaust. The missile’s rear section also mounts a four-surface tail control assembly with anhedral on the stabilators. The 700lb thrust engine with a thrust-to-weight ratio of 4.8:1 comprises a single-stage centrifugal compressor, two-stage fan with a two-stage low-pressure booster, a reverse-flow annular combustor with rotary injection, a turbine section with one high-pressure and two low-pressure stages.
wd2.jpg

It uses a special high-density blended aviation turbine fuel that has more energy for a given volume than standard fuels, and can endure harsh weather conditions and long storage periods.

The Babur has a length of 7.2 metres, diameter of 0.52 metres, wingspan of 2.67 metres, and a 450kg HE blast/FAE warhead. After its launch by a solid-fuel booster, the cruise turbofan cuts in, giving the Babur a cruising height of 1km (that drops to 200 metres in the terminal phase), speed of 880kph and a range of 600km.

it have IIR terminal seeker—offering a CEP of 10 metres

for Ra'ad,
Raad ALCM:
As part of its efforts to bolster its offensive firepower the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has begun inducting into service the Hatf-8 (also known as ‘Raad’ or ‘thunder’ in Arabic) air-launched cruise missile (ALCM). Described as having a range of 350km (220 miles) and equipped with an imaging infra-red (IIR) seeker with digital scene-matching capability, the conventionally armed ALCM has been under development since 2003 and will be capable of being launched by the PAF’s fleet of F-16, upgraded Mirage IIIEA and JF-17 ‘Thunder’ combat aircraft. Military-industrial entities responsible for developing the ‘Raad’ are Pakistan’s Wah Cantonment-based Advanced Engineering Research Organisation, or AERO (previously known as the Air Weapons Complex) and the Kentron subsidiary of South Africa’s Denel Aerospace Group.
HatfVIII_Raad2.JPG

Typically, two ALCMs will be carried by the combat aircraft’s two inboard underwing pylons, each of which is rated at 2,041kg for manoeuvring flights at up to 5.5 g. Targets to be engaged by the ‘Raad’ include static targets like hardened aircraft shelters, bunkers and command-and-control centres, bridges, airspace surveillance radar stations, as well as strategic industrial infrastructure such as telecommunications nodes, ports and petrochemicals refineries.
top01.jpg

The missile weighs 1,200kg, has a 450kg (9,92lb) high-explosive fragmentation warhead, has a length of 5.1 metres, diameter of 0.17 metres and a wingspan of 3 metres (with its twin horizontal fins deployed), is powered by a turbojet (a reverse-engineered Microturbo TRI 60-30 turbojet producing 5.4kN thrust), cruises at a speed of Mach 0.8, and is a fire-and-forget missile optimised for pre-planned attacks.

Last edited:
great attitude

Thanks

Never said so

I know the diffrence; but some times land attack CM version be converted to antiship purposes; you urself have given refence to Uran & Tomahawk variants..:toast_sign:

Yes,any CM can be converted to Anti ship missile.But it becomes anti ship missile only after conversion.Not before conversion.

You have to remove turbofan (if installed) with turbo jet & have to install a seeker in it.

But,

What is Uran? :undecided:

Well you have got a good observation but pathetic correlations:hitwall:

your reasons are simply wrong turbofans have a great edge over turbojets with respect to
  • more fuel efficient especially at subsonic speeds thats why not used in supersonic CMs; because the fans in front of turbofan cause a great shitty drag at higher Machs & not because the target is moving

Its actually your reasons which are wrong and Pathetic.

Turbo fans are better than Turbo jets because:

They are feul efficient.
They can be used for long range land attack strikes due to thier fuel efficiency.
Reliable,easy to maintain.
but,

Whats this supersonic thing?

I know you love brahmos very much and you cant resist yourself from showing your love in your every post.Thats why I have started to hate your posts because brahmos is always present in them in some form. But,

Please for god sake do check the topic and title of the thread before posting because this thread is about long range ground attack CM's and all of the long range CM's in world are Subsonic .So please limit it only to subsonic related topics.

And you are wrong that turbo fan can't give supersonic speed to CM's.A missile can gain Supersonic speed in turbo fan too.

• because they are cheap
  • easily integrated in airframe (more stealthy than protruding turbofan airframes)

Another non sense.

From where did you get that thing. :hitwall:

Why turbo fans are used, not because of the reasons you have posted but:

Turbojets are still very common in medium range cruise missiles, due to their high exhaust speed, low frontal area and relative simplicity

Turbojet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This High exhaust speed is utilised to get PRECISE TARGETTING of the MOVEABLE TARGETS ON LAND AND SEA

Thats why turbo jets are used in anti ship missiles.

And turbo jets are not cheap.Their unit cost and production cost can be lower but in the long run they can be expensive due to their fuel inefficiency.

Your easy integration and stealth point is right.

do remember

Thus turbofan are less prone to IR detection
I already know that.

First correct yourself with Right knowledge,then point your finger on other.

RK-55 and KH-55 Share same engine,same design and yet they are not variants of each other because...

WIKIPEDIA(which is more reliable than you) says that they are not variants of each other not on any assumptions and nonsense reasons(like you) but with some logic

You make an effort to read the wiki link but god knows why you didn't read that on the same page :rolleyes:

WIKI says it so because KH-55's TURBO FAN is a drop down one which is different from RK-55's TURBO FAN
Wiki say's it so because the Manufacturers of both the misssiles are different

RK-55 is made by NOVATOR while KH-55 is made by MKB Raduga

This has again proved my point
First of all, Wikipedia is an open encyclopedia, not an authoritative source (such as Janes, the manufacturer's website, etc). Secondly, NO, not even that has proven your point...all you've shown is that two missiles share the exact same turbofan and the same design are built by two different manufacturers. OK. Lesson 1 about the then USSR...technology transfer between bureaus/manufacturers was not only encouraged, but at times required in order to get tasks done. Secondly, since you/WIKI mentioned that there IS a design DIFFERENCE (the motor drop-down), then this can denote a different missile DEPENDING on how significant the design change/difference is...that said, I want to see an AUTHORITATIVE source telling me how and why RK-55 and KH-55 are not variants of one another. By your logic, the F-16s built by KAI and those built by TAI are not variants of one another...the manufacturer argument is bogus.
Refer to my post on this thread with num 48 in which i said that if two manufacturers make similar technology with little difference or with huge difference they cant be called as variants of each other.And i think it is an easily understandable thing even for an ordinary man that ,What is meant by TWO DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS?
Bogus. By that logic, the F-7 can't be considered a variant of MiG-21; the PAC JF-17 not a variant of CAC FC-1; the F-16s built by LM, KAI and TAI not variants of one another, etc.
In case of Pakistan it is impossible that only one organization NESCOM will be making so called two different technologies under one ROOF.
It isn't impossible. HIT produces multiple types of tanks and armored vehicles under different designations. In any case, you've shifted your argument from stating that it takes a different engine in order to denote different missiles, yet not that has shifted to two different manufacturers. Why the shift? My argument still stands irrespective of who manufactures what or what the powerplant is...just a side on the powerplant, we don't have AUTHORITATIVE information as to what Ra'ad and Babur use as their powerplant...but my argument was and is that Ra'ad and Babur are different because of each other's airframe design at least.
Ra'ad & Babur cannot be variants of each other only IF they were to be made by TWO DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS.
But its not the case here both are made by one organization NESCOM which is RESPONSIBLE for all the defence developments in Pakistan.
Bogus argument. Where did you get this standard from?
So when i busted your design theory you came up with similar engine theory which is also busted now.
If anything...you busted your old argument by bringing in a new one. First it was same engine = same missile, now it is different manufacturer = different missile EVEN though engine is the same. Please pick one and stick to it...and give us authoritative evidence.

Yes AGM-129 & Gryphon,Tomahawk all uses same Turbo fan and even the case of drop down turbofan which was in KH-55 is also not present here.

BGM-109 used F107-WR-400 turbo fan.
AGM-129 use F112-WR-100 turbofan.

The manufacturer of both is same

"Williams International"

Williams International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Williams International

Manufacturer of BGM-109:

General Dynamics

Manufacturer of AGM-129:

General Dynamics (initially)
Raytheon Missile Systems
Regarding engine. Although from the same manufacturer, they are still different engines. I think anyone who can read can see that you listed TWO DIFFERENT ENGINE MODELS. Secondly, you only guessed that AGM-129 and BGM-109 are variants because they're from the same manufacturer, but haven't given decisive proof - just deduction or a belief. I want decisive evidence.

Similarly if a turbo fan is installed in a aircraft and another one on a missile then the fact is that they will still be called as turbo fan
(Atleast on earth we do this,But i dont know about your world Mark sien).

So i am not changing my point.My point was same and it is same.It is just that I believe on real facts in which science or people believe,Dont know about you.
That was not the point of my earlier post. I said that RK-55 and KH-55 use the SAME turbofan ENGINE...e.g. Gripen and LCA both use GE404. But remember, your earlier point was that Babur & Ra'ad are variants of one another BECAUSE they use the same engine, but when SHOWN that RK-55 and KH-55 use the EXACT SAME ENGINE MODEL, you switched to your manufacturer argument. But this is a BOGUS argument...because two different companies can manufacture a product with the same design and same engine, and people would say these are variants of one another...but according to YOU these are different missiles...??

Example of DECISIVE EVIDENCE - i.e. Jane's Air Launched Weapons

Ra'ad (Hatf-8) (Pakistan), Air-to-surface missiles - Stand-off and cruise

Type

Land-attack cruise missile.

Development

Pakistan has developed an indigenous air-launched cruise missile known as Ra'ad (Hatf 8). It is part of Pakistan's wide-reaching strategic missile development programme that includes short-, medium- and intermediate-range ballistic missiles and ground-launched cruise missiles. Each of these weapons has a numerical designation under the Hatf programme, and often an individual system name. The Ra'ad (meaning Thunder) was preceded by the Hatf-7 (Babur) ground launched cruise missile, first tested in 2005. The Ra'ad (Hatf-8) is not an air-launched derivative of the Babur. Instead, it is a new design, specially developed for the air-launched role and with several cues to foreign technology input. All of Pakistan's strategic missiles have benefited from external design assistance to one degree or another. The Babur/Hatf-7 is being developed in close co-operation with China. The Ra'ad (Hatf-8) represents another strand in Pakistan's cruise missile capabilities, but one that may have benefited from South African engineering know-how. Pakistan and South Africa have previously forged links in advanced weapons development and the Ra'ad bears a resemblance to several proposed South African stand-off weapon projects such as MUPSOW and Torgos. South Africa's Kentron (now Denel) has already supplied its Raptor powered glide bomb to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the extension of that relationship to include more advanced weapons would seem to be a logical step. Another pointer to possible South African involvement in the Ra'ad programme is the fact that its first announced test launch, in 2007, was undertaken by a PAF Dassault Mirage IIIEA (upgraded ROSE-1 aircraft).

Ra'ad (Hatf-8) (Pakistan) - Jane's Air-Launched Weapons

AND AGAIN, Janes affirming that the RK-55 and KH-55 are from the same family (i.e. variants of one another):

RK-55 (SSC-X-4 'Slingshot' and 3K10 Granat) (Russian Federation)

Type

Intermediate-range, road mobile, turbofan-powered, single warhead cruise missile.

Development

The RK-55 Granat (3K10) was one of a family of three cruise missiles developed in the 1970s and early 1980s; the air-launched Kh-55 (AS-15 'Kent'), the submarine-launched RK-55 (SS-N-21 'Sampson') and the ground-launched RK-55. The ground-launched version had the NATO designator SSC-X-4 'Slingshot'. It is believed that the ground- and submarine-launched versions were similar, but the air-launched Kh-55 was different in appearance. The RK-55 ground-launched missiles were designed for carriage on an eight-wheeled Transporter-Erector-Launcher (TEL) vehicle, with six missiles, carried in launch canisters, per vehicle. The TEL were based upon the R-17 (SS-1 'Scud B') MAZ 543 TEL design.

http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes...gshot-and-3K10-Granat-Russian-Federation.html

Thnx truepakistani17 willnt be shrewd in future:cheers:

@SniperXr

Better you re-read my post before negating the characteristics of turbojet/turbofan...
They are true; you simply have negated them & said the same things in a different manner.

@Turbofans
Its actually your reasons which are wrong and Pathetic.

Turbo fans are better than Turbo jets because:

They are feul efficient.
They can be used for long range land attack strikes due to thier fuel efficiency.
Reliable,easy to maintain.

This is same what I have said:toast_sign:
turbofans have a great edge over turbojets with respect to

@Turbojets
Turbojets are still very common in medium range cruise missiles, due to their high exhaust speed, low frontal area and relative simplicity

Points i had given; not a single of them go against what you have pasted from WIKI...Re-read my post
[/LIST]
  • because they are cheap

This High exhaust speed is utilised to get PRECISE TARGETTING of the MOVEABLE TARGETS ON LAND AND SEA
Hehe..
Maneuvering a greater speed object is easy or a lower one?? Better you get urself acquainted with the phenomenon of inertia

What is Uran?
Kh-35 (AS-20 "Kayak") Anti-Ship Cruise Missile

Whats this supersonic thing?

I know you love brahmos very much and you cant resist yourself from showing your love in your every post.Thats why I have started to hate your posts because brahmos is always present in them in some form. But,

You really am getting scared of me:agree:
Greater be the Mach number (supersonic regime) more work has to be done to step down the incoming air speed to sonic levels for appropriate combustion in turbofan engine.... I never said turbofan never can be used in these regimes. I only pointed out relative performance of different engines in various speed regimes

Even I have some genius concepts and solutions for resisting radar jamming tech to 100%, but i don't have enough resources to make the product :cry::cheesy:

Why don't you tell here. I'll make sure it reaches concerned engineers and scientists ... I promise ... but only if your ideas are worth it.

First of all, Wikipedia is an open encyclopedia, not an authoritative source (such as Janes, the manufacturer's website, etc)...

So you are an authoritative source?

Why do you think that an online encyclopedia who gets so much attention from all around the world did not do any research before giving information?
Now listen man if you dont know about how wikipedia works then listen.
If you ever have read any wiki article then maybe you havent seen the REFRENCES section of the article where the references of many sites are given and the articles are written on the collaborated information given by those sources and for your kind Information the priority given to the Janes aerospace & rockets in related articles of wiki is top most.The comprehensive articles of the wiki related to aerospace always include the Information given by Janes.The links which I have posted about the Granat and KH-55,all include the refrences from janes.

Example:

Notes and references
1.^ a b c Norris, Cochran et al. (1989), SIPRI Yearbook 1989: World Armaments and Disarmament, p. 21, http://docs.nrdc.org/nuclear/files/nuc_89010101a_86.pdf
2.^ SIPRI (1989) p16
3.^ a b "Kh-55 (AS-15 'Kent'/Kh-555/RKV-500/Kh-65)", Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems, 2009-09-09, http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jsws/jsws0485.html, retrieved 2009-02-04
4.^ a b c d e "RK-55 Granat (SS-N-21 'Sampson'/3M10)", Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems, 2008-09-10, http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jsws/jsws0477.html, retrieved 2009-02-04
5.^ "Kh-55/RKV-500A, Kh-55SM/RKV-500B, Kh-555 and Kh-65SE (AS-15 'Kent')", Jane's Air-Launched Weapons, 2008-08-01, http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jalw/jalw2922.html, retrieved 2009-02-06 6.^ a b c d e f g h "SS-N-21 'Sampson' (P-1000 3M70 Vulkan/3M10 Granat)", Jane's Naval Weapon Systems, 2009-01-08, http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jnws/jnws0154.html, retrieved 2009-02-04
7.^ "RK-55 (SSC-X-4 'Slingshot' and 3K10 Granat)", Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems, 2008-09-12, Jane’s Information GroupJanes-Strategic-Weapon-Systems/RK-55-SSC-X4-Slingshot-and-3K10-Granat-Russian-Federation.html, retrieved 2009-02-04
8.^ Thomson, David B. (July 1999), A Guide to the Nuclear Arms Control Treaties LA-UR-99-3173, Los Alamos National Laboratory, p. 131, http://www.lanl.gov/history/hbombon/pdf/00416713.pdf
9.^ Thomson (1999)p127

Have you counted,how many times the reference of JANES is included in the article?Every time the janes gets updated the wiki retrieves the information.

Yes i admit that wiki is not reliable every one can edit it but that mostly happens in the topics where no clear cut outcome or result is present and where there is a lot of confusion about the topic.
Mostly these are political,diplomatical matters where information in Wiki is highly immune to the lies and propaganda spread by both parties.Since both parties try their best to convey their opinion through wiki,the information in wiki about that matter can't be said reliable.
Examples are Indo Pakistani wars,Indo Pakistani political affairs,Arab israel conflict,US Invasion in Iraq Afghanistan e.t.c..
In the case of Indo Pakistani wars since their is no clear cut result of these wars thats why in these matters we cannot rely on wiki information.
Countries given in the above like India,US and Israel all have tools for doing affective propaganda and spreading lies.Thats why wiki cant defend itself from propaganda of these countries.
But I would like to emphasize on POLITICAL and WAR related matters because Aerospace is a kind of subject in which WIKI gives comprehensive articles based on the collaborative research of all the selective and reliable sources including janes.

Secondly, NO, not even that has proven your point...
Everything have proven my point and it has clarified the misconception of Ra'ad being not an air launched version of Babur.

all you've shown is that two missiles share the exact same turbofan and the same design are built by two different manufacturers. OK. Lesson 1 about the then USSR...technology transfer between bureaus/manufacturers was not only encouraged, but at times required in order to get tasks done.

Its not me its Wiki+Information given by russian authorities who have shown that Two similarly designed and engined missiles are not variants of each other because of two facts:
1.Built by two different manufacturers,With both of them having their own research,analysis and engineering on their respective missiles. But because they were designed for same role,designed in return of the Single request from russian armed forces to build them according to their neeeds and by the Required sketch of the missile given by russian armed forces.
2.Both have a slight difference Not of a design but of the different methods of propulsion of engines of both.

But according to you it is design difference! .Even a 8 year old child can tell that if two cars have same engine but the bonut of one opens from frontside and the others ones from backside then it doesn't mean that the design of both cars is different because when the bonut is closed the design of both cars become same.

But please give a source that MKB RADUGA and NOVATOR were merged so that we can say that there is a certain commonality b/w the two in manufacturing thats why they are abc of each.:rolleyes:

ALL I know is that its still MKB RADUGA and NOVATOR working indpendently on their own researchs.

Secondly, since you/WIKI mentioned that there IS a design DIFFERENCE (the motor drop-down), then this can denote a different missile DEPENDING on how significant the design change/difference is...
This is not a design difference. :angry: it is a slight difference in working of both engines.Answered above but i will repeat it.

according to you it is design difference! .Even a 8 year old child can tell that if two cars have same engine but the bonut of one opens from frontside and the others ones from backside then it doesn't mean that the design of both cars is different because when the bonut is closed the design of both cars become same.
& secondly
just as bonut of a car does not alter the design of a car no matter what aproach it takes for opening,Same is for the frame opening of the missile.

If a child can know it then i think you can know it better.
But if you are saying this Intentionally then it is considered as LIE.
If you are saying it intentionally even knowing it that it is not a design difference but a engine one then you are lying.

that said, I want to see an AUTHORITATIVE source telling me how and why RK-55 and KH-55 are not variants of one another.

The authorative source is wiki Including the Janes and Russian sources.And i have posted them many times.if you still not convinced then:
Go to the Reference part of the wiki article which i have posted above & read the PDF files of russian sources and also janes.

By your logic, the F-16s built by KAI and those built by TAI are not variants of one another...the manufacturer argument is bogus.

Again its your childish arguments which compells me to retaliate and that makes the discussion BAD.

first research on What is transfer of technology? and What is joint manufacturing?
&
What is Making of TWO different technologies with your own research,expertise,analysis and engineering and how it alters for calling two different products if two different Persons/organizations make them with their own research,expertise,analysis and engineering

Bogus. By that logic, the F-7 can't be considered a variant of MiG-21; the PAC JF-17 not a variant of CAC FC-1; the F-16s built by LM, KAI and TAI not variants of one another, etc.
some are one technology/product made by one organization with his own research & then technology is transfered to others so that thay can make it according to limits marked by the original manufacturer.

And one of them is joint venture.

None of them qualifies with my logic

It isn't impossible. HIT produces multiple types of tanks and armored vehicles under different designations. In any case, you've shifted your argument from stating that it takes a different engine in order to denote different missiles, yet not that has shifted to two different manufacturers. Why the shift? My argument still stands irrespective of who manufactures what or what the powerplant is...just a side on the powerplant, we don't have AUTHORITATIVE information as to what Ra'ad and Babur use as their powerplant...but my argument was and is that Ra'ad and Babur are different because of each other's airframe design at least.
It is Authorative that both Ra'ad and Babur uses turbo fan.
And I have proved that similar designed airframes doesnt qualifies for the missile being variants,through the example.
If similar designed cant be then why should different design.But
Because still most ALs and GLs variants share same similar design so it equates for an extent but there are many others who are not variants even when they are similar design.

Please for god sake we are discussing here two missiles one is launched from ground and other from air and you are comparing them with ground runner vehicles who are designed to operate in same dimension!

Even if by going to your own logic Does HIT call one SAAD APC equipped with machine gun DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY and the other SAAD APC equipped with SAM launcher a different technology and not a variant of the APC equipped with MG??

Although this HIT example doesn't qualifies for what we are discussing but even your this logic is wrong if we take it for an instance.

Bring some example which qualifies to our discussion.

Bogus argument. Where did you get this standard from?

Bogus only for you because you dont want to believe them.
&

I got this standard from REAL WORLD

If anything...you busted your old argument by bringing in a new one. First it was same engine = same missile, now it is different manufacturer = different missile EVEN though engine is the same. Please pick one and stick to it...and give us authoritative evidence.

Wil you stop lying or you havent read my posts :hitwall:

This manufacturer point was my First ever point in this thread.Read my 2nd post in the thread where i said this thing.
I have just revised it again.

My points were same,they are same & they will remain same.And all of them points to only one argument and I am sticking to it from the very first.Its just that i brought many points in the discussion & you are calling them multiple arguments because you failed to bust them.

First read my All posts thoroughly and then say any thing.You even didn't read my posts dont you?
Because every man reading my posts can see that the same manufacturer point was my first ever point.

Its actually you who have brought multiple arguments and when i answered them you are calling my answers Multiple arguments.

You are simply blaming your own act on me.

Regarding engine. Although from the same manufacturer, they are still different engines. I think anyone who can read can see that you listed TWO DIFFERENT ENGINE MODELS.
Wrong wrong wrong..

They are not models of each other but VARIANTS.

The 'TERM' model is used for entirely new thing which is different from its previous form.

Example'

A 2010 model Honda civic car differentiates from a 1999 model civic in terms of improvement in each and every aspect and both to be designed according to the needs of their time that how much both models fulfill the needs of their own time.
Similarly
If the engine of a 800 cc car,modeled 1999 generates abc horse power.And in 2010 the company launched the new model of that car with SAME 800cc SIZE but with INCREASED HORSE POWER xyz then THAT ENGINE WITH IMPROVED HORSE POWER IS A MODEL OF THE ENGINE WIH ABS HORSE POWER because IT IS MADE FOR THE SAME 800cc CAR AND IT HAS TO BE ADAPTED ON THAT SIMILAR SIZED PLATFORM
But
if a engine is made for a 1000 cc car and we want to put it in a 800cc car then ofcourse we will have to do some modifications in engine to install it in the smaller car.
the engine will remain same but it is modified thus its modified(modification made to dicrease the size) form cant be called as a model of that engine
Secondly, you only guessed that AGM-129 and BGM-109 are variants because they're from the same manufacturer, but haven't given decisive proof - just deduction or a belief. I want decisive evidence.

I didn't guessed.

I admit that there is no one line command that they are variants,
Bcoz

The AGM program is a MERGENCE of two different programs.

One for air launched Gryphon and one for Improvement in AGM-86 B.

thats why it can be called as air launched Gryphon and also an improvement in AGM-86B.

All the links given by me confirms that MRASM was going to be the airlaunched gryphon(MRASM was short ranged missile)
But after the study by US think thanks that AGM-86 B(Long range missile) is not sufficient for penetration of soviet ADs they decided to change the MRASM into a long range stealth ALCM.

This is story of AGM-129.
Read the links given by me.

That was not the point of my earlier post. I said that RK-55 and KH-55 use the SAME turbofan ENGINE...e.g. Gripen and LCA both use GE404.

What about the other differences? :)

Different manufacturer,every thing different.....and it goes on .

Again refers to my Facts
But remember, your earlier point was that Babur & Ra'ad are variants of one another BECAUSE they use the same engine, but when SHOWN that RK-55 and KH-55 use the EXACT SAME ENGINE MODEL, you switched to your manufacturer argument.

Where the Heck I switched :hitwall:

Why are you saying that you show that.I gave the links.

Yes my point is same that they both use same engine thats why they are variants But i never said that only Engine is base for calling them.

Man use your common sense RK-55 and KH-55 both are for long range strike thats why it is inevitable for them to have turbo fan.
But if we assume that they can be called as variants because of similar engines then like I said engine is not the Sole basis for declaring a variant.I never said it (If i have then point it out).
And i gave multiple points in response of your multiple point.But the difference is that I am still sticked to them.

Engine is common But there are other very strong Arguments in favour of not calling them variants

And those are discussed above.please refer to them.
And I am again repeating this that MANUFACTURER POINT was among my very first points.I said that differet Manuf is the only case which equates for calling Ra'ad not variant.But this case is not present

But this is a BOGUS argument...because two different companies can manufacture a product with the same design and same engine, and people would say these are variants of one another.
This is only possible in Joint venture where two companies agree and then share their expertise.

But this case is not present in mentioned soviet missiles.

..but according to YOU these are different missiles...??
This is called lie because i never said that jointly produced things are not variants of each other.
Even it is not discussed here.

You are Intentionally mixing my two company point with joint venture thing which didn't came in discussion.

Other then the mirage what other aircrafts will be able to carry ra'ad in the future ?

^^ JF-17 is confirmed but we cannot say any thing about F-16.The relations B/w Pak and US are getting tense and PAF will make Careful decisions.

If bought,FC-20 will also get it.

Back
Top Bottom