What's new

Babur's New Prospectus ?

Ra'ad is very similar to the MBDA storm Shadow.

Ra%27ad+ALCM.jpg

Storm_Shadow_p1220865.jpg

1 mirage v sqdn in the anti-ship role, equipped with the Exocet AShM is based at masroor and is dedicated for this role. in future expect a FC-20 or a JFT sqdn to replace these old birds in a similar role.

Mirage V are flown by the PAF and without refulers they are useless for long range attack.

Once IN ships are within 400km of our coastline, they can launch surface attack weapons with accurate results.

We can't have PAF do the job. They must concentrate on dealing with air power.

Navy must have it's own dedicated air wing.

Just like Army has.

Read about Falklands war and the role of Mirage aircraft. Not useful without tankers.

Ra'ad is very similar to the MBDA storm Shadow.

Ra%27ad+ALCM.jpg

Storm_Shadow_p1220865.jpg

Simply put, it would be difficult to detect in this configuration. I guess the size is small as well so we are looking at <1 m2 RCS??

Babur will eventually have air, sea and land launch capability. thats all i can say! the PN is working on the sea launch.

nice animated vedio showcasing the naval version:

:pakistan:
regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put, it would be difficult to detect in this configuration. I guess the size is small as well so we are looking at <1 m2 RCS??

the air inlet,,:undecided:

this may perhaps be a drawback over the Shadow!!

regards!

Can babur be modifies such that airinlet occurs right in front of nosecone!!
Communication guidance systems be accommodated somewhere backwards!!!

Can babur be modifies such that airinlet occurs right in front of nosecone!!
Communication guidance systems be accommodated somewhere backwards!!!

i dont think it will be wise to impart such major structural changes to the present frame.

yes, PAF eyes on increasing the range and there a modified design may come into play to improve on stealth features as well.

infact as it might be in your notic Raad is not the air launched version of Babur cruise missile and it is rumored that work is underway on an air launched babud missile thus that will be a different system and might implement such advanced features..

regards!

Mirage V are flown by the PAF and without refulers they are useless for long range attack.

Once IN ships are within 400km of our coastline, they can launch surface attack weapons with accurate results.

We can't have PAF do the job. They must concentrate on dealing with air power.

Navy must have it's own dedicated air wing.

Just like Army has.

Read about Falklands war and the role of Mirage aircraft. Not useful without tankers.
Pakistan Navy is defensive force By Nature .. For Marine time strike role pakistan should Modified Jf-17.
There were some news that china developing Naval Version of Jf-17..dnt knw how true is that..

i dont think it will be wise to impart such major structural changes to the present frame.

yes, PAF eyes on increasing the range and there a modified design may come into play to improve on stealth features as well.

infact as it might be in your notice Raad is not the air launched version of Babur cruise missile and it is rumored that work is underway on an air launched babud missile thus that will be a different system and might implement such advanced features..

regards!

You may be right but I only said this to create air-intakes blended within the airframe.
Raad is not the air launched version of Babur cruise missile

Very right you are.
Can anyone impart some knowledge on the propulsion system Babur is utilising because its highly correlated with range/speed

infact as it might be in your notic Raad is not the air launched version of Babur cruise missile and it is rumored that work is underway on an air launched babud missile thus that will be a different system and might implement such advanced features..

regards!
I double that. The fact that babur uses two stages of propulsion in
sequence.The solid propellant rocket booster lifts the missile away from it launch platform and is discarded after its operation.A small turbojet engine sustains the low level flight at nearly constant speed toward the target it will need a whole redesign of the system.

There is more science in Duct base rockets. The air inlets are design in such a way that they give appropriate oxygen to burn the fuel and give effective inlet pressure.The control of air in air breathing rockets is carried out by two ways first the design of inlet secondly the shock wave generated inside the inlet.Both have there own importance and it takes rigorous mathematical calculations to design the inlet same goes to nozzles as well.Even a fault of 1 degree can have devastating results.

You may be right but I only said this to create air-intakes blended within the airframe.
Raad is not the air launched version of Babur cruise missile

Very right you are.
Can anyone impart some knowledge on the propulsion system Babur is utilising because its highly correlated with range/speed

i dunno what you means but babur uses turbo fan engine.These engine in ideal circumstances can achieve 1.5 mach. The speed is much affected by type of fuel is used,amount of fuel and weight of the other parts of missile in short the specific impulse of the missile or in other case effective exhaust velocity.
As for range again the type and amount of fuel and overall design.

I double that. The fact that babur uses two stages of propulsion in
sequence.The solid propellant rocket booster lifts the missile away from it launch platform and is discarded after its operation.A small turbojet engine sustains the low level flight at nearly constant speed toward the target it will need a whole redesign of the system.

There is more science in Duct base rockets. The air inlets are design in such a way that they give appropriate oxygen to burn the fuel and give effective inlet pressure.The control of air in air breathing rockets is carried out by two ways first the design of inlet secondly the shock wave generated inside the inlet.Both have there own importance and it takes rigorous mathematical calculations to design the inlet same goes to nozzles as well.Even a fault of 1 degree can have devastating results.

saying all this,
i think Babur is a bit more then being potent system, it is absolutely great for our use and can target enemy key installation with pin point accuracy.
we wuold sure be trying to further increase its range and impart some key stealth features and that will further improve it!!!
:pakistan:
regards!

i dunno what you means but babur uses turbo fan engine.These engine in ideal circumstances can achieve 1.5 mach. The speed is much affected by type of fuel is used,amount of fuel and weight of the other parts of missile in short the specific impulse of the missile or in other case effective exhaust velocity.
As for range again the type and amount of fuel and overall design.

I want to compare this with BrahMos propulsion system; but the problem is no fuel characteristics is given for Babur. Atkeast Pakistan should be open to this:confused:

regards!

Few months ago there was a report about Ra'ad in Daily Jang.The report was stating that Ra'ad is an air launched version of the Babur.The statement was "The air launched version of Babur has been given the name Ra'ad"

Back
Top Bottom