What's new

Babur ready for induction

Salaam!

Looking at some of the comments on this thread - pros and cons. I think overall, one cannot really assess the capabilities in a certain area...unless there is close/knowlegeable contact with the source.

Pakistan has been 'poorly' considered by many nations. Most comments from these nations was that Pakistan cannot do this or that...they do not have the capability and so on....however on the contrary Pakistan has managed to 'baffle' many of the commenatators with it's many 'success' in various fields.

For a poor country with low infrastructire and very limited resources - Pakistan has done extremely well (Better than many of it's rich neighbours (Arabs)). It is a capable nuclear power with the ability to to deliver (if required) from Air/Land and Naval to any would be adversary.

Pakistan finds itself in a situation where self-reliance has become a practical rather than an ideological necessity. it has received advanced systems but has been prone to embargos and other restrictions. The positive side of this is that it has given Pakistan further impetus to make it's small military technology base to grow and diversify.

My limited understanding is that the Military R & D is conducted by the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DESTO), and the college of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in Rawalpindi. DESTO is responsible for PROPULSION, BALLISTICS, AERODYNAMICS,. ELECTRONICS, PROPELLANTS and METALLURGY, and the college of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering took responsibility for adapting imported systems, such as the ANZA sam system.

As per 1995 DESTO employed approx 130 dedicated scientists, of who 12 held doctorates. The Military industrial base employed a total of 83,300 personnel......I'm sure there will be alot more now (Ref: Military Capacity and the Risk of War = China,India,Pakistan and Iran - Sipri). There will also be other R & D departments...all working hard for their given project.

For Pakistan to develop/re-engineer/modify items such as the Babur Cruise missile....is a remarkable achievement and can only be given credit to it's scientists. It's the fact that Pakistan is able to achieve this with very limited resources that has taken aback many other nations. It has chosen the cost effective strategy and it seems to work quite well.

i would like want to see pakistan progressing in science tecnology , economy, medicine, space not just military.

Lets concentrate on Suproc for space.

Salaam!

It is a capable nuclear power with the ability to to deliver (if required) from Air/Land and Naval to any would be adversary.

You dont have a NAVAL delivery system

a remarkable achievement and can only be given credit to it's scientists

Without any proof or whatever!!! its a blanket statement cant take it for face value. Valid arguements from joey has still not been statisfactorily rebutted, "They are secret" is the only defence i see here

THough I find most of your other post true

I think again to the 'proof' side.....again i'd like to reiterate no one knows unless you are close to the source. One point for consideration....Pakistan does not generally follow the 'style or rule of its predeccesors' in choosing the research/military R & D.

One major point to consider....every nuclear power has exploded one device as it's first test (this then became the norm for other nations).....However, look at Pakistan....on May 28 1998 it had exploded 5 nuclear bombs....sorry let me reiterate FIVE nuclear bombs.....(unlike early nuclear powers including India...1 detonation and then many after wards over years). Pakistan then on May 30 1998...it exploded another one (Ref: New Nukes by Praful Bidwai & Achin Vanaik).

Again my point is that Pakistan does it in an unorthodox style......it does not follow the usual trend....therefore it does not have to do things as others do or have done......it therefore indicates that this country is different......i'd say very cunning and persistant in its goal and has very motivated (patriotic) scientists.

If Pakistan can produce a meaningful detterrent with its meagre resources...then I can say that it is possibly 'unique' in this side. it has the potential to do far better if given the chance.

I think again to the 'proof' side.....again i'd like to reiterate no one knows unless you are close to the source. One point for consideration....Pakistan does not generally follow the 'style or rule of its predeccesors' in choosing the research/military R & D.

Dear Foxhound,

Would like your views on the below

1. Which class of ships or submarines are the Baburs going to be fitted on ?

2. While a land launched Babur is a reality a sea launched version would require a lot of modifications on the launch platforms as well as costly and extensive testing which would be very hard to hide from the satellites unlike a nuclear test ?

Regards

One major point to consider....every nuclear power has exploded one device as it's first test (this then became the norm for other nations).....However, look at Pakistan....on May 28 1998 it had exploded 5 nuclear bombs....sorry let me reiterate FIVE nuclear bombs.....(unlike early nuclear powers including India...1 detonation and then many after wards over years). Pakistan then on May 30 1998...it exploded another one (Ref: New Nukes by Praful Bidwai & Achin Vanaik).

Again my point is that Pakistan does it in an unorthodox style......it does not follow the usual trend....therefore it does not have to do things as others do or have done......it therefore indicates that this country is different......i'd say very cunning and persistant in its goal and has very motivated (patriotic) scientists.

If Pakistan can produce a meaningful detterrent with its meagre resources...then I can say that it is possibly 'unique' in this side. it has the potential to do far better if given the chance.

foxhound,

with all due respect, this such a load of crap.
The prseller law came iin cuz the world and the Us knew about pak nukes. producing a nuke is god damn easy compared to a cruise missile, they produced the first god damn nuke in 1943

It's the fact that Pakistan is able to achieve this with very limited resources that has taken aback many other nations. It has chosen the cost effective strategy and it seems to work quite well.

100% true and agree to.

foxhound,

with all due respect, this such a load of crap.
The prseller law came iin cuz the world and the Us knew about pak nukes. producing a nuke is god damn easy compared to a cruise missile, they produced the first god damn nuke in 1943

The first cruise missile was produced in 1917.. your point being?:coffee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missile
I don't know how you can justify the difficulty with a faulty timeline

Yes, I am sure a GPS enabled Precision guided missile was invented in 1917.
Nobody has an answer for how they made the engine, Heck even china doesnt have the capability. Everybody justifies by "Secret"....lol

These missle building progs are top secret to. I dnt think so tht any 1 here has a clue abt how the engine is made but the fact remains there tht wht ever they did was a reversed engineering, how? obiviously they wont gonna tell us abt it! And if china doesnt have something then this means wht ever the pakistanies did in terms of reverse engineering thy did it by them self and therefore the credit goes to our scientists and engineers.

there was talk of babur being armed with plutonium -tipped warheads which will be fitted in the U-214A which pakistan is acquiring

only thing is that the baur must be miniaturized to fit in the 21-inch launch tubes of the U-214A subs

.:pakistan: :pakistan:

Platunium ? could you provide links about pakistan acquiring Platonuim nuc bombs ?
It highly unlikely

^^ it is...

Its a report from this left wing think tank about Pakistan making Plutonium nukes cause USA is giving India that Nuclear Package....

Back
Top Bottom