What's new

Babur ready for induction

Radar-dodging missile Babur test-fired

Ref:http://thenews.jang.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=9252

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday conducted a successful test-fire of the indigenously developed cruise missile Babur (Hatf-VII).

The missile test is part of a continuous process of validating the design parameters set for this weapon system, stated a media release of the ISPR. The range of the missile, which was first tested in 2005, has been enhanced to 700 kms.

The Babur has near stealth capabilities and is a low-flying, terrain-hugging missile with high manoeuvrability, pinpoint accuracy and radar avoidance features. The test was witnessed by Chairman NESCOM Dr Samar Mubarakmand, senior military officers and scientists of the strategic organisations. The test will consolidate Pakistan’s strategic capability and strengthen national security. President Gen Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz have congratulated the scientists and engineers on the successful test.

Rhetoric against Pakistan not justified: Musharraf

REF:http://thenews.jang.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=9247

By Muhammad Saleh Zaafir

ISLAMABAD: President General Pervez Musharraf on Thursday made it clear that the belligerent rhetoric could not be justified by the allies and no one should try to undermine Pakistan’s role in the war against terrorism.

“No one should think in terms of violating Pakistan’s sovereignty,” the president said, while talking to British Foreign Secretary David Miliband who called on him at his Camp Office in Rawalpindi.

Musharraf was in his full Army uniform on Thursday morning when he received Miliband. The foreign secretary had to conveniently ignore the defiant gesture of the president. It was one of the rare occasions when the president opted to be in his military outfit while receiving a dignitary from the champion of democracy. Two senior staffers of the president, Military Secretary Maj-Gen Shafqat Ahmad and Deputy Military Secretary Commander Aamir were also in the military uniform during the meeting.

Sources told The News that the meeting lasted more than half an hour in which the president talked tough about Pakistan’s position on taking on the extremists and sacrifices offered by the country in the war on terror.

The British foreign secretary reached the Army House when Musharraf had received the detailed report about Pakistan’s successful conduct of test fire of its indigenously made nuclear capable cruise missile Babur. The British media also noted down the timing of the test-fire of the missile with the visit of the British foreign secretary.

Musharraf reminded the visiting foreign secretary about the difficulties being confronted by Pakistan in its campaign against the extremists and terrorists. Pakistan does not expect discouraging response from the countries, which are partners with us in the war against terror, the president said.

Foreign Minister Khurshid Kasuri, former British high commissioner to Pakistan Mark Loyal Grant, who is currently dealing with the Asian Affairs in Foreign Office in London, and the current British High Commissioner to Pakistan, Robert Brinkley, were also present.

i like this babur thing its the 1st real weapon pakistan can scare off wimpy nations its stealthy radar evading small and accurate love it and can be eqiped with a thermonuclear tipped warhead and i know where pakistan got the engines i heard they stoled them from a russian factory nice job boys keep it up

How many did they steal? Hope it was roughly 700 or so....:rofl: hope the Russians don't mind now that this top secret information is now out in the public domain...........

O.K. I am now going to introduce a new concept to your world........
It's called Occams razor.

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem,

or

entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

or even simpler"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

meaning that the simple answer is generally the correct one.

In this case

a) Pak either reverse engineered a tomahawk engine or worked in conjunction with the Chinese to create one.

b)A guy in tuxedo broke into a Russian factory and kung fu-ed everyone. Rescued a girl and stole the engine.:rofl:

Pakistan must accelerate the experiments and tests on different variants of this missile and start producing Submarine/Ship and Surface launched versions as it will enhance the resistance power tremendously.
Another most important field which needs most concentration and research is the Air Defence, so as to produce long range SAMs and RADARs with sophisticated systems.

:pakistan:
How many did they steal? Hope it was roughly 700 or so....:rofl: hope the Russians don't mind now that this top secret information is now out in the public domain...........

O.K. I am now going to introduce a new concept to your world........
It's called Occams razor.

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem,

or

entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

or even simpler"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

meaning that the simple answer is generally the correct one.

In this case

a) Pak either reverse engineered a tomahawk engine or worked in conjunction with the Chinese to create one.

b)A guy in tuxedo broke into a Russian factory and kung fu-ed everyone. Rescued a girl and stole the engine.:rofl:

I'm going for B Keys cus it looks plauseable
You know all those Pakistani Hunks: Us MEN CAN GET ANY GIRL TO FALL TO OUR FEET
:pakistan: :woot: :woot: :tup:

:P

From everything I've seen, it can be fired only from land based platforms. Mostly statc, or maybe some mobile. I have not seen any mobile launcher platforms that can do it yet.

The Agosta can't fire one, neither can the Perry class surface ships. Those were " de-tubed" before they were sold. This is very much 80s technology. But that is OK too!

Back
Top Bottom