What's new

Babri Masjid case- Indian Supreme Court unanimously strikes down Muslim's petition

I did not know the full judgement and going by the vid I have two points to say :
No, Shekhar Gupta is a Centrist. I have watched some episodes of his talk series "Walk the talk".

Shekhar Gupta is what we call, in the business of white washing the fascists. Maybe not his intention, but that is what it is coming down to.

There has been too many times where he has given a pass to the fascists, something he was loathsome to do with the other regimes.

End result is that fascism is being normalized in India, and no one gets outraged any more when radicals do, ahem, radical things

Shekhar Gupta is what we call, in the business of white washing the fascists. Maybe not his intention, but that is what it is coming down to.

There has been too many times where he has given a pass to the fascists, something he was loathsome to do with the other regimes.

End result is that fascism is being normalized in India, and no one gets outraged any more when radicals do, ahem, radical things

Would not be a bad idea, to read that part of Maulana Abulkalam Azad's "India Wins Freedom", which was abridged in the 1958 edition, but published in the 1988 edition. It throws quite some light on the so called progressive and liberal Hindu leaders of INC. That part amply signifies the political psyche of the elite Hindus.

If you remember any of such interviews, please post here.

Yeah, fascism seems to be the New Normal now.

1. I did not know that Kashi and Mathura, as per the the judgement, will remain protected as they are.

They have worded it quite well. Basically Relgious structures act of 1991 applies to everything now (i.e ownership is frozen according to snapshot at independence of India in 1947). Exception was made only for ayodhya because the case history precedes independence itself. No similar case was filed for the other similar structures (Kashi, Mathura) during British rule...so all the other ones are governed by the 1991 law ruling (i.e only 1947 inherited status applies and fully).

The tearing down of existing structure (babri masjid) was found to be unconstitutional and illegal and that is all part of the settlement package to give 5 acres of land for its reconstruction. The issue is the site (land) it stood upon.

2. I did say that the RSS ( and the VHP which the vid includes ) say that Kashi and Mathura are not on their agenda right now.

It wont be ever on agenda again (RSS and VHP both said this is fair enough compromise). Supreme Court ruling has put this issue to rest now basically....any other issue simply gets this supreme court ruling (No other site has pre-1947 court cases regarding land dispute based on use of a structure for religious purposes).

There was fear from muslim groups (which is why they wanted to settle Ayodhya case out of court, and give in to having temple built in exchange for agreement that RSS+VHP wont raise elsewhere) that it will expand like you said. But Supreme court actually gave a very solid ruling here that only creates exception for this one alone (given the court cases dating before independence)...it basically says everything else by law is AS IS (from 1947 status)....simply even any lower court now has this precedence to use if any other land dispute of religious structure is ever brought again. It gets thrown out right away, because the 1991 law applies (if structure being used by religion at the 1947 snapshot, it belongs to that religion in perpetuity of Indian constitution).

This is about as fair and balanced as ruling can get.

Religion is a disease.
@doorstar, what do you say?
both a disease and a cure. anything perverted beyond the basics is a dangerous sickness. like mine is the best, yours is the worst and needs to be eliminated. I studied on many religions including Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and more. therefore know a little bit about them all (including latter day additions/perversions).

there is a Pakistani adage I quite like: neem hakeem khatra e jaan, neem mullah khatra e eemaan, roughly means that a fake doctor is a danger to life and a fake scholar is a danger to faith.

all the fakes ought to be banned and punished, there ought to be government approved theology schools, colleges and universities like we have here. I understand Chinese are on that path now too. also I hear that Pakistan is also thinking on those line at present.

there's an Islamic text that I quite like (which no-one on Pdf or the internet wants to follow but nonetheless it exists and if everyone believed in it the disease of intolerance will be no more:

upload_2019-11-12_4-15-10.jpeg

Say, “O disbelievers,
I worship not that which you worship,
Nor will you worship that which I worship.
Nor will I worship those whom you worship;,
Nor will you worship that which I worship.
To you your Way, and to me mine.

I once tried to bring together Catholics and Shias of the PDF together and guess what happened?
alright no need to guess almost everyone except Brother waz wanted to lynch me see @ https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/christians-muslims-and-prayer-does-worship-divide-or-unite.559299/

Last edited:
while we pakistani muslims enjoying 786086km indian muslims have given bheek of 5 acres :lol:

Why irreligious HKers are going apeshit?
as far as I could glean some are Christians others are wannabe Englanders and westerns

no-one is irreligious in this day and age, even the atheists are preaching their religion the atheism with an evangelical zeal

as far as I could glean some are Christians others are wannabe Englanders and westerns
I only see Chinese fighting Chinese. Being irreligious don't guarantee peace. Most communists countries go apeshit eventually at some point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom