What's new

Baahubali 2 Creates History, Becomes First Indian Movie Ever To Collect Rs. 1000 Crore

No, my friend. I don't understand your language. The scene looked very epic.. filmmakers must have used a lot of computer based special effects.

145 million is a large budget.

Personally, I would like to see documentary about vedic history, science and ethos... I care not for blood and violence... perhaps too old for such things.

Well you can enjoy the songs without any blood and violence.

1024px-Mahabharata_BharatVarsh.jpg

Stop appropriating our history. The Pandas and Kuru were both from UP-Haryana region not dakshin Indians. Seriously this is so freaking annoying. If south Indians are so insistent on making a historical film why not make one of your own history if you guys even have any.

India history is not any ones father's property.India also have rich history in south india and following history many parts including malaysia belongs to india

A1.png

baahubali-2_640x480_41494138930.jpg

New Delhi: S S Rajamouli's Baahubali: The Conclusion is creating history in India and abroad. The film, which released worldwide on April 28, has become the first Indian movie ever to collect Rs. 1000 crore, reports trade analyst Ramesh Bala. Baahubali: The Conclusion released in five languages - Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi, across 8,000 screens in India. The film has made over Rs. 800 crore in India and more than 200 crore in the international markets, tweeted Mr Bala

Baahubali: The Conclusion not only received a bumper opening of over Rs. 100 crore (all versions put together), the film also made over Rs. 300 crore in its first weekend.

Here's what trade analyst Ramesh Bala said about Baahubali 2's box-office collection worldwide.

With 800 Cr in India and 200 Cr in Overseas, #Baahubali2 becomes the 1st Indian movie to do 1000 Cr @ WW BO.. #1000croreBaahubalipic.twitter.com/Jt2YYMW9w5

— Ramesh Bala (@rameshlaus) May 7, 2017

Meanwhile, trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted that the Hindi version of Baahubali 2 is the fastest to reach the 300 crore club. See the figures shared by Mr Adarsh below:

#Baahubali2 packs a SOLID 25 cr + on Sat... Creates a new record: FASTEST to reach 300 cr Club [Day 10]... Nett biz. HINDI. India biz.

— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 7, 2017

#Baahubali2 RECORDS...
Crossed 50 cr: Day 2
100 cr: Day 3
150 cr: Day 4
200 cr: Day 6
250 cr: Day 8
300 cr: Day 10
Nett... HINDI

300 cr Club and its members...#PK [2014]#BajrangiBhaijaan [2015]#Sultan [2016]#Dangal [2016]#Baahubali2 [2017]
Nett. HINDI. India biz

This poster says it all... #Baahubali2 is the JEWEL of INDIAN CINEMA... pic.twitter.com/QURPnhFznz

Filmmaker Karan Johar, who distributed the Hindi version of Baahubali 2, also tweeted on the mega success of the film.

The biggest milestone has been reached by the biggest blockbuster of Indian cinema!!!! #1000croreBaahubali@ssrajamoulipic.twitter.com/3zjExCl0J9

— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) May 7, 2017

S S Rajamouli's Baahubali: The Conclusion has received a lot of appreciation from the entire film industry. Last weekend, superstar Rajinikanth lauded the film in a post on Twitter, calling it 'India cinema's pride.' The 66-year-old actor wrote: "Baahubali 2 ... indian cinema's pride. My salutes to God's own child @ssrajamouli and his team!!! #masterpiece."

Baahubali 2 ... indian cinema's pride. My salutes to God's own child @ssrajamouli and his team!!! #masterpiece

— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) April 30, 2017

Filmmakers S S Rajamouli and Karan Johar are elated with the response the film has been receiving worldwide. In a tweet, Mr Rajamouli thanked his fans for all the love and support. "You have given us such a big success that we can keep it in our hearts for the rest of our lives," he wrote.

Its only natural that a big project like Baahubali faces hurdles during release. I must say that the enormous love and support that was

— rajamouli ss (@ssrajamouli) April 30, 2017

given by Baahubali Fans made us cruise through the obstacles.
Thank you everyone who have been with us for the past 5 years encouraging us

at every turn. You have given us such a big success that we can keep it in our hearts for the rest of our lives.

In an earlier interview to news agency IANS, actor Prabhas thanked people for the 'love and support.' "I am very thankful to all the people around me for their constant love and support through this journey of 5 years. It wouldn't be possible without them," IANS quoted Prabhas as saying.

Baahubali: The Conclusion is the continuation of the 2015 super-hit movie Baahubali: The Beginning. The film, which features Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah and Ramya Krishnan in lead roles, reveals the reason behind Katappa killing Baahubali.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/baah...n-movie-ever-to-collect-rs-1000-crore-1690506
Take that Bollywood.

Jay Bharat :tup:

Hopefully it's authentic and casts North Indians as the Mahabharata took place in Kurukshetra, Haryana and involved the kingdoms of North Indians.
Go back. Read basic history. Start with the Mahajanpads.

your own history if you guys even have any.
What history do WE have left in the North?

Destroyed temples and converted progeny aside?

India's most famous saint in modern time in none other than shankaracharya and he is a keralite and is responsible for spreading hinduism through out India at his time.In fact he is also responsible for the creation of many famous temples in north india.Any way i don't want to deviate topic neither like to go for north-south politics

Then make a film about dakshin history not ours.

According to your logic your history belongs mainly now lyes in pakistan(Indus) and can migrate their and pakistan can claim north india as their terittory, because indian civilization mainly starts in indus !

Bollywood is overrated and a haven for nepotism, blacksceney etc. This was a breath of fresh air.
True., And unlike Bollywood, tollywood has improved alot in the past decade. Be it the story line or CGI,VFX scenes, they all look great, it was just about time they would outdo them, and 28th April was the day when it all began :D

Hopefully it's authentic and casts North Indians as the Mahabharata took place in Kurukshetra, Haryana and involved the kingdoms of North Indians.
If by North Indians you mean Hindi people and Bollywood, then I have pity for you considering Bollywood is the only film industry in the world dominated by non-natives (i.e. Hindis). It's freaking all Punjabis, Pathans, Marathis and Bengalis.

Anyone from above the Vindhya mountains

But how do you know the current day people living north of Vindyas are the same people who were part of Mahabharata?

Mahabharata was equivalent of WWII in historical India and pretty much most of the Indian subcontinent was dragged into that war.

Uttar Pradesh ( Mathura, Brindavan),
Haryana ( the Kurukshetra War),
Madhya Pradesh ( Bhopal was Kunti's native),
Assam (Narakasur's capital),
Maharashtra (the Panchala kingdom of Draupadi and Vidharba was Rukmini’s kingdom),
West Bengal and Orissa ,(Anga rajya, Karna's capital and Kalinga)
Punjab and Pakistan province( the Madra kingdom of Nakul & sahadev),
Afganistan (the Gandhara kingdom of Shakuni),
Gujarat (Dwaraka Sri Krishna),
Rajasthan ( Virata nagaram),
Himachal Pradesh ( Hadimba and Gatotkacha)
Manipur (Arjun's wife Chitraganda and son Babhruvahan)

And Yes South was also part of the war.

When that host was being thus struck and slain by heroic warriors the Parthas, headed by Vrikodara, advanced against us. They consisted of Dhrishtadyumna and Shikhandi and the five sons of Draupadi and the Prabhadrakas, and Satyaki and Chekitana with the Dravida forces, and the Pandyas, the Cholas, and the Keralas, surrounded by a mighty array, all possessed of broad chests, long arms, tall statures, and large eyes. Decked with ornaments, possessed of red teeth, endued with the prowess of infuriate elephants, attired in robes of diverse colours, smeared with powdered scents, armed with swords and nooses, capable of restraining mighty elephants, companions in death, and never deserting one another, equipped with quivers, bearing bows adorned with long locks, and agreeable in speech were the combatants of the infantry files led by Satyaki, belonging to the Andhra tribe, endued with fierce forms and great energy. Other brave warriors such as the Cedis, the Pancalas, the Kaikayas, the Karushas, the Kosalas, the Kanchis, and the Maghadhas, also rushed forward. Their cars and steeds and elephants, all of the foremost kind, and their fierce foot-soldiers, gladdened by the notes of diverse instruments, seemed to dance and laugh. In the midst of that vast force, came Vrikodara, riding on the neck of an elephant, and surrounded by many foremost of elephant-soldiers, advancing against thy army. That fierce and foremost of elephants, duly equipped, looked resplendent, like the stone-built mansion on the top of the Udaya mountain, crowned with the risen Sun. Its armour of iron, the foremost of its kind, studded with costly gems, was as resplendent as the autumnal firmament bespangled with stars. With a lance in his outstretched arm, his head decked with a beautiful diadem, and possessed of the splendour of the meridian Sun at autumn, Bhima began to burn his foes. Beholding that elephant from a distance, Kshemadhurti, himself on an elephant, challenging, rushed cheerfully towards Bhima who was more cheerful still.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m08/m08012.htm

Last edited:
Director can be anybody

Then it will going to be flop, the leading actor of bahubali not aware many including myself until it releases.Such films people looking for how best the film can be and not how cute an actor can be...

Back
Top Bottom