What's new

Baahubali 2 Creates History, Becomes First Indian Movie Ever To Collect Rs. 1000 Crore

I am very happy for you. All the very best in your cultural development.

What is 1000 crore in dollars?

So it was a religious-historic film then...

IN dollars it will be around $125m

as per Now it's a Hindu Religious Film but History wise it's a way of life (how to live in life) but Hindu gods will be there

If anything all your Post's on the thread does show your mentality of how you view people in your society.
Look what loyal north indian servant of Mughal said about south indians back in 17th century.

bqN9IOQ.jpg

This racism of bhaiyas against south indian brothers end up backfiring because bollywood then doesn't pick bhaiyas but punjabis and pathans decedents in Mumbai. Serve them right, keep going bollwood. While bhaiyas are beaten up by marathis haha

I have watched Bahubali 1, was impressed by visuals and how grounded it was despite being south indian movie and based on fictional story. But I've heard Bahubali 2 isn't as impressive as part 1 because they over did Rajnikanth type scenes and story toke back seat.

I was dead serious.
So?

is this fan made?

S S Rajamouli had plans to make Mahabharata after Bhahubhali but in the mean time another producer from gulf has announced that he is going to produce Mahabharata.

So now S S Rajamouli's plans are not clear as viewers may end up with two movies.

Last edited:
This is next in line

@Soumitra Amitabh as Bheeshma
This is not an official trailer or teaser. The film is NOT by SS Rajamouli it is by V A Shrikumar Menon and backed by UAE based BR Shetty

And the role of Bheem is given to South Indian actor Mohan lal. Rest of the cast has not been finalized.

This is most probably a Fan Fantasy trailer

This is not an official trailer or teaser. The film is NOT by SS Rajamouli it is by V A Shrikumar Menon and backed by UAE based BR Shetty

And the role of Bheem is given to South Indian actor Mohan lal. Rest of the cast has not been finalized.

This is most probably a Fan Fantasy trailer

Read my post

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/baah...lect-rs-1000-crore.494123/page-5#post-9457167

Mahabharata epic set to become India's most expensive movie ever
Randamoozham, starring veteran actor Mohanlal, will cost Rs 1,000-crore (£120m) and is to be funded by UAE-based billionaire BR Shetty

A traditional Indian silk painting depicting a scene from Mahabharata. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo
Shares
Comments

Gwilym Mumford

Wednesday 19 April 2017 09.24 EDTLast modified on Tuesday 2 May 2017 13.21 EDT

India is set to make its most expensive film ever with an 1,000 crore rupees (£120m) adaptation of epic Sanskrit poem the Mahabharata.

Entitled Randamoozham, the two-part film will be financed by United Arab Emirates-based billionaire BR Shetty, and will dwarf the budget of the current record-holder, the two-part epic Baahubali, which cost a combined Rs430 crore (£51m) to make.

Randamoozham is adapted from the novel of the same name by acclaimed Malayalam author and screenwriter MT Vasudevan Nair. The novel reinterprets the Mahabharata from the perspective of the second Pandava prince Bhima. Veteran actor Mohanlal will star as Bhima, while Vasudevan Nair will write the screenplay for the film, which will be shot in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu.

“The Mahabharata is an epic of all epics,” Shetty said in a statement. “I believe that this film will not only set global benchmarks, but also reposition India and its prowess in mythological storytelling. I am confident that this film will be adapted in over 100 languages and reach over 3 billion people across the world.”

Randamoozham will be directed by former ad-man VA Shrikumar Menon, who told the New India Express that the film would feature Oscar-winning talents. “We are negotiating with the best talents in the world. We aim to make a global film,” he said.

The Mahabharata has been adapted for film and TV several times before. Hindi, Telugu and Tamil versions have appeared on the large and small screen over the years, while acclaimed theatre director Peter Brook famously produced a nine-hour English-language version of the poem in 1985, later adapted into a TV mini-series. Brook returned to the Mahabharata last year with a new adaptation entitled Battlefield.

Filming for Randamoozham is expected to begin in September next year. The first part of the series is set to reach cinemas in early 2020, with the second part appearing soon after.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...damoozham-india-most-expensive-movie-mohanlal

Away from all bravado and epic level boasting, I just want Bahubali to what 'Lord of the rings' did to newzeland cinema and 'Crouching tiger hidden dragon' to Chinese cinema. Global acceptance

Just time waste so many other good movies out
x-men-apocalypse-launch-quad-poster.jpg

a) Xman : Apocolypse
b) Avengers (Civil War)
c) Lord of Rings
d) Spiderman
civil_war_movie_banner___team_captain_america_by_paulrom-d94ter2.jpg

Who has time for Bahu-dingdong?
1 year old movies.. Aren't they released in Pakistan yet??

If by North Indians you mean Hindi people and Bollywood, then I have pity for you considering Bollywood is the only film industry in the world dominated by non-natives (i.e. Hindis). It's freaking all Punjabis, Pathans, Marathis and Bengalis.

There is nothing called Hindi People, every one has his own mother tongue (Hindi is mother tongue of none)

These Haryanis, Punjabis, Rajasthanis, Marwaris, Maithilis, Gujratis, Marathis, Bhojpuris, Pahadis, Kashmiris, Oriyas want to communicate with each other. Marathi Man cannot speak Punjabi, and Bangali Babu cannot talk in Harnavi, So Hindi is a common language which acts as a medium of communication.

Bollywood is dominated by natives and these natives are from all parts of India.

Last edited:
The box-office figures for the Rajamouli film now stands at Rs 1,047 crore after ten days

Back
Top Bottom