What's new

Baahubali 2 Creates History, Becomes First Indian Movie Ever To Collect Rs. 1000 Crore

Baahubali 2 after 10 days: What all records SS Rajamouli's film has broken so far

Five years ago, when Prabhas and Rana Daggubati collaborated with SS Rajamouli for the Baahubali franchise, little did the three of them know that they will make history some day. If Baahubali: The Beginning took the nation by storm with its superb storytelling and stellar performances in 2015, the second instalment of the franchise has taken the adulation and reception a notch higher, and the record-breaking box office collection is a proof of it.

Ever since its release on April 28, Baahubali 2 has been busy creating and breaking records. If people queued for hours outside the theatres to get the tickets to the most-awaited film of the year, others went berserk making online bookings days before its release. Such has been the craze around the film that BookMyShow ended up selling 12 tickets per second for this masterpiece.

It's been 10 days since the film hit the screens, but Baahubali 2 is unstoppable at the box office. The film is galloping with big numbers, smashing each and every record every set by any Indian film in the past.

First Indian film to gross Rs 1000 crore

Rajamouli's masterpiece has achieved a feat that not many can even think about. Within 10 days of its release, Baahubali 2 has managed to breach the Rs 1000-crore mark. The magnum opus, which has left trade pundits awestruck, made history on Sunday (May 7) when the film crossed the Rs 1000-crore mark. The achievement has left the makers ecstatic. KV Vijayendra Prasad, writer of Baahubali 2, told PTI, "Records are meant to be broken. The fun is in making and breaking records. It (record) will be broken. What makes me more happy is that a Telugu film has crossed the boundaries as it had no known face, no known director only a good visually appealing story was there. We had a gut feeling that the second part will be a bigger hit than the first part. But it will be this big is something we hadn't thought."

First Indian film to cross Rs 100-cr mark in US

Baahubali fever has gripped not only India, but US too. The most awaited Indian film is running to packed houses in theatres and has received phenomenal response abroad as well. Baahubali 2 has shattered all records as it became the first Indian film to cross the Rs 100-crore mark in North America. Film's phenomenal success has left the makers awestruck. Prabhas, who plays the titular role, recently took to Facebook to thank his fans for all the love and support.

Biggest opening day collection

In the words of Karan Johar, distributor of Hindi-dubbed version of the franchise, Baahubali 2 collection took the nation by storm with its "UNTHINKABLE and UNIMAGINABLE HIGHEST EVER DAY 1." As people thronged the nearby theatres to find the answer to the much-awaited question 'Why Kattappa killed Baahubali', theatre owners had to put a houseful board for the first time in a very long time with tickets running out as fast as possible. And this transpired into big numbers at the box office. Baahubali 2 became the first film ever to earn Rs 121 crore on its opening day. The film, which was made in Tamil and Telugu and dubbed in Hindi and Malayalam, shattered records with its opening day collection.

Biggest opening for a dubbed film

It is not every day that a dubbed film creates history, but anything can happen if the film is Baahubali 2. The Hindi dubbed version of SS Rajamouli's magnum opus collected Rs 41 crore on its opening day making it the biggest opening for a dubbed film ever. The box office collection of the dubbed version is at par with the opening day collection of Khan films in Bollywood. Even superhit films like Dangal (Rs 29.78) and Sultan (Rs 36.54) could not match up to the opening day collection of the dubbed version.

First Indian film to cross the Rs 100-crore mark in a day

Khans of Bollywood need to step aside as Prabhas and Rana Daggubati's Baahubali 2 has made history by becoming the first Indian film to cross the Rs 100-crore mark in a day. The epic drama achieved an enviable feat as it collected Rs 121 crore on its opening day. While Bollywood films struggle for a few days to make it to the Rs 100-crore club, the phenomenon called Baahubali achieved that on its opening day.

Released in maximum screens across the globe

Keeping in mind the huge craze around Baahubali 2, the makers wanted it to be a perfect experience for the fans. And that's the reason that the film was released in 9000 screens across the world, making it the first film to get this big a release. With theatres having as many as 40 shows in a day, the film has been released in 6500 screens in India only.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ajamouli-prabhas-rana-daggubati/1/948386.html

Bollywood is overrated and a haven for nepotism, black money etc. This was a breath of fresh air.

bollywood is a dawood league , bunch of looser's promoting each others drug addict sons & daughters , in saalo ko cocktail parties & chamchagiri sey phursat miley to they will be able to compete with the south indian filmmakers who are so hard working & focused .

bollywood is a dawood league , bunch of looser's promoting each others drug addict sons & daughters , in saalo ko cocktail parties & chamchagiri sey phursat miley to they will be able to compete with the south indian filmmakers who are so hard working & focused .
:tup:

@StraightShooter @Mr.Nair

Dear indian friends,

Firslty, thank you for the tag..otherwise, I would have missed something in my Existential Experience. Amazing!

@StraightShooter thanks for the Youtube links... I have successfully managed to watch Part 1 of the film, spread over two days...

Not being able to understand spoken words.... I had to rely on gestures and mimicks... pitty there were no subtitles...

Well, short impressions:

Quite an epic, with stunning constumes. A lot of special effects of rather good quality. I was quite impressed with the CGI of the palace... looks quite grand...almost mythical. Is it your vedic architecture?
That bull looked really Real...tough guy killed him with his bare hands!

Further, good looking gents (muscles!) and ladies (big eyes!)...
End was quite bloody...with black savages trying to destroy the kingdom or something. They really looked black!

Lady in chains had some Shakespearian quality... Hero's Journey I guess....

Also scenery changed at bit too much for coherence..but then it did too in Lord of Rings... fantasy must never be restrained by such trivias...so should be overlooked.

All in all looked professional and well put together. Fight scenes were Hollywood quality!

I can say I have Finally Watched a Bollywood film and now can understand the jabs here on PDF.

Also, helps me understand your culture better.

Well then, enjoy the second part and when available put here on PDF i.e. Youtube, let us not infringe on any copyrights!

Regards and good night,

SPF

It is a good movie. Simply because a movie is simultaneously shot in Tamil and Telugu doesn't mean it is a South Indian movie - it remains a pan-Indian movie for a pan-Indian audience. You do realize that Mani Ratnam often shoots his movies in Hindi and Tamil simultaneously?

The problem with traditional Bollywood flicks is that even if the budgets are huge most of the budget is earmarked for the leading man. In the case of Bahubali, the star was not the leading man but the director who has not given a single flop. But likes A-list actors, he too will get a chunk of the profits - I believe he will take home 30% of the profits. His dad has written Bahubali. Incidentally, his dad also wrote Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

Celebrate the movie as a triumph of Indian cinema.

@StraightShooter @Mr.Nair

Dear indian friends,

Firslty, thank you for the tag..otherwise, I would have missed something in my Existential Experience. Amazing!

@StraightShooter thanks for the Youtube links... I have successfully managed to watch Part 1 of the film, spread over two days...

Not being able to understand spoken words.... I had to rely on gestures and mimicks... pitty there were no subtitles...

Well, short impressions:

Quite an epic, with stunning constumes. A lot of special effects of rather good quality. I was quite impressed with the CGI of the palace... looks quite grand...almost mythical. Is it your vedic architecture?
That bull looked really Real...tough guy killed him with his bare hands!

Further, good looking gents (muscles!) and ladies (big eyes!)...
End was quite bloody...with black savages trying to destroy the kingdom or something. They really looked black!

Lady in chains had some Shakespearian quality... Hero's Journey I guess....

Also scenery changed at bit too much for coherence..but then it did too in Lord of Rings... fantasy must never be restrained by such trivias...so should be overlooked.

All in all looked professional and well put together. Fight scenes were Hollywood quality!

I can say I have Finally Watched a Bollywood film and now can understand the jabs here on PDF.

Also, helps me understand your culture better.

Well then, enjoy the second part and when available put here on PDF i.e. Youtube, let us not infringe on any copyrights!

Regards and good night,

SPF

I am really sorry. I thought you were not interested hence did not bother to post the version with subtitles.

It may be too late now but here is the version with English Sub titles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom