What's new

'Azerbaijani people can see themselves as part of Iran only in a nightmare'

Status
Not open for further replies.
A round of applause for all the Azeris here who are proud of losing their identity. :pop:

Ghiafeha be basiji va khoonevade "shohada" va in kososhera mikhore. Valy bedarde khafe kardane in turkaye osgol mikhore.

bekesh saresh ... :coffee:

demotivational-posters-quadruple-facepalm.jpg

Azeri are NOT Persian

There are also a lot of Kurds and Arabs in Iran but Azeri form majority:
Azeris_in_Iran.jpg

Footbal match in Tabriz not long time ago:
South_Azerbaijan_is_not_Iran.jpg

A round of applause for all the Azeris here who are proud of losing their identity. :pop:
Turkic is an imposed language on Azeri people(turks are yellow people like turkmens), we are returning to our original language which is persian.

Don't worry about azeri turkic it is strong in azeri majority areas like Ardabil, east and west Azerbaijan(strangely newer generation of Azeris in Zanjan city which is also an overwhelmingly azeri province are speaking persian) but Azeris in Tehran,Hamedan and Qazvin are losing their language.

My family newer generation do not understand azeri,let alone speak it,anyway i am sure that azeri will survive

Azeri are NOT Persian

There are also a lot of Kurds and Arabs in Iran but Azeri form majority:
Azeris_in_Iran.jpg

Footbal match in Tabriz not long time ago:
South_Azerbaijan_is_not_Iran.jpg

Some people and their obsession with ancestor and race and .....
its clear Azeri are not Persian , They are Iranian , what you thought ? guess you think only Persians are Iranian .
and not 50 ht headed misinformed people in a stadium are representative of all the 50000 people in that stadium or 15 million people else who were among the first people that come to defend the country from foreign aggressor

hey guys,not trolling just asking,why are azeris loosing their language and culture??why dont they try to conserve it....

:undecided: .

hey guys,not trolling just asking,why are azeris loosing their language and culture??why dont they try to conserve it....

the problem is the younger generation in province like Qazvin and Zanjan and Hamadan specially in cities seems not interested in the language .its a sad phenomenon but it happens not only in Iran but also in many other countries that younger generation of the minorities loose the interest in their heritage first they don't talk the language themselves in their house , then they don' teach it to their children and in 3-4 generation the number of the people who can talk it reduce dramatically . such thing happened to USA , Australia , china , India and many other countries for many dialect and languages .

I guess it has something to do with modernization

what about the azeris in Iraq that are called turkmen due to the turkification during the ottoman empire, are they Iranic/Turkic ?
Same culture/language as Azeris but use latin letters, Turks say they are Turkic, Iranians say they are Iranic..

Azerilanguage.png

Because like all countries, minority languages die out if not recognized by government. If you look at France or Italy, each region used to have its own language. Now they have all pretty much died out as French/Italian are the only official languages. Same as Iran.

what about the azeris in Iraq that are called turkmen due to the turkification during the ottoman empire, are they Iranic/Turkic ?
Same culture/language as Azeris but use latin letters, Turks say they are Turkic, Iranians say they are Iranic..

Depends where they came from. Azeris in Iran are most probably mixed. A mixture of Central Asian invaders and native people who spoke ancient Azari/Persian. Maybe even some Kurdish and Armenian admixture.

I think @JEskandari provides a good theory, that is why I would like to see more Iranic languages being offered as electives in the Iranian schools as I mentioned previously. Regarding the culture, Iranian culture as a whole includes Hafez, Ferdowsi, Sattar Khan, Babak Khorramdin, Rumi, Nowruz traditions including Chaharshanbe Suri, Zoroastrism, and all that ...., no one is loosing it or are forced to. In fact I can imagine people are being more interested in these things these days, as a measure against the stricter Islamic laws imposed by the government. It promotes "hambastegi" (= "togetherness") between Iranians, irrespective of their government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because like all countries, minority languages die out if not recognized by government. If you look at France or Italy, each region used to have its own language. Now they have all pretty much died out as French/Italian are the only official languages. Same as Iran.

whats up with ur avatar bro?? u like india..:woot: so much..:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom