What's new

Azerbaijan: T-90SA, BMP-3M, Msta-S, TOS-1A

The fact is that according to our commanders the russian tanks that iraq had was better than american and english tanks that we had at the time

Mate, I am not an expert and I'm not accusing your commanders for anything but this is a defence forum.

I think you should provide us with technical data or with same facts to prove your point rather than saying " Our commanders thinks russian tanks are better than western tanks. Same applies to our Turkish members, prove your point with same facts not with cheap talk.

I moved the thread because it belongs here.Why do you create something you know would end up in a hate war?
Good for you and Azerbaijan for all these fancy equipment.

I thought Iran would support Azerbaijan. How many Azeris live in Iran?

Mate, I am not an expert and I'm not accusing your commanders for anything but this is a defence forum.

I think you should provide us with technical data or with same facts to prove your point rather than saying " Our commanders thinks russian tanks are better than western tanks. Same applies to our Turkish members, prove your point with same facts not with cheap talk.

T-72 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chieftain tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

T-72 had better armour that RPG-7 couldn't penetrate from forward. T-72 moves faster and can
maneuver better than others,

T-72 were using an powerful and trust-able engine,
Its main gun was more powerful than others. and ....

I moved the thread because it belongs here.Why do you create something you know would end up in a hate war?
Good for you and Azerbaijan for all these fancy equipment.

You must be the only fool on the planet that sees Russian equipment as 'fancy'.

You must be the only fool on the planet that sees Russian equipment as 'fancy'.

You've never been good at understanding sarcasm, nice try though, maybe next time.

I thought Iran would support Azerbaijan. How many Azeris live in Iran?

Number of Azeris in Iran has nothing to do with supporting Republic of Azerbaijan as a country, the same way number of Turks in Germany doesn't mean Germany should always support Turkey.That's not the way politics work.

That's true for every other country in the world.

Number of Azeris in Iran has nothing to do with supporting Republic of Azerbaijan as a country, the same way number of Turks in Germany doesn't mean Germany should always support Turkey.That's not the way politics work.

Can we claim that Iran does not support shai Esad over sunni majority and other shai people in sunni dominated countries for example in bahrain?

btw, it is not Azeri; it is Azerbaijani Turks, because Azerbaijani Turks come from oguz turks. you and other some persians delude themselves, i am ok with that, but please do not expect us to believe in your delusional/denial World.

---0---

about your interesting post above,

you say '' Number of Azeris in Iran has nothing to do with supporting Republic of Azerbaijan as a country,'' you see Azerbaijani Turks in iran as people not country; however you continue '' the same way number of Turks in Germany doesn't mean Germany should always support Turkey'', you start your sentence ''number of Turks'' like your first sentence, but you do not finish your last sentence as your first one; you say ''doesn't mean Germany should always support Turkey''; in this sentence you twist your own sentence and mean germany as country not turkish population; what kind of comparison is that?

for more clarification;

your first sentence mentions about the support of Azerbaijani Turks in iran to Azerbaijan; but your second sentence mentions about the support of Germany to Turkey; so what kind of comparison is that?

Can we claim that Iran does not support shai Esad over sunni majority and other shai people in sunni dominated countries for example in bahrain?

btw, it is not Azeri; it is Azerbaijani Turks, because Azerbaijani Turks come from oguz turks. you and other some persians delude themselves, i am ok with that, but please do not expect us to believe in your delusional/denial World.

Isn't Turkey supporting 'Sunni' rebels?

I can easily answer you in your own way so you could finally understand that this logic doesn't work.
Iran also supported revolutions in Sunni majority Egypt, Lybia and Yemen.How about that?

Isn't Turkey supporting 'Sunni' rebels?

I can easily answer you in your own way so you could finally understand that this logic doesn't work.
Iran also supported revolutions in Sunni majority Egypt, Lybia and Yemen.How about that?

let me clear somthing for you; you are not as smart as you think you are, therefore cut that superior stance; when i talk to you, i just try very hard to lower the meaning of my sentence as well as the choices of words in order to make you understand what i mean.

in syria the tyrant is killing his own people WHO want freedom and democracy; and the whole World support them, not only turkey; btw it is the same Turkey that did with Brazil defend Iran when the negotiation would almost have stopped about nuke obsession of you with the World;

here is a part
Full details of the agreement were not immediately released by Turkish and Brazilian officials mediating in Iran's dispute with leading world powers, who suspect Tehran of covertly developing a nuclear bomb

Turkey, Brazil seal deal on Iran nuclear fuel swap | Reuters

... so please cut that false accusation over Turkey that she supports sunni but not shai.

Iran did not support any revolution in egypt etc, if you think iran is very democratic, then why in this situation right now?

T 90sm is the best tank in the world.can someone tell us how different is T 90sa to T 90sm?

T 90sm is the best tank in the world.can someone tell us how different is T 90sa to T 90sm?

The best of the T-90 family? yes definitly, the top ten best tanks? yes definitly, the best in the world? hell no.

You've never been good at understanding sarcasm, nice try though, maybe next time.

I was searching for a reason to bash you, because you see, i dont like you...

not exactly, we shouldn't compare T-72 with new Anti tank weapons and modern tank in 2013.

T-72 has always been as crap for the previous generation of ATGMs or Rockets as it is today. We supplied Mujahideen with MILAN ATGMs in the 80s and what happened to the Russian armor is evident in the mountains of Afghanistan.

t-55- t-62- t72 were best tanks in their times,

No they were not. It depends on how you define "The best". Russian tanks were build on a philosophy of "numbers" not on the "crew protection" philosophy. This is what they did in the battle of Kursk,outnumbering the Nazi Tiger tanks and it contributed to the success of the Red Army. They didn't move on from that but the rest of the world did.

you talked about T-72 in syria.it's wrong, you should see it's action in 80's. during Iran-iraq war , iraq received T-72 that was very tough tank that time, we had problems to target them. while we finally found a way to hit them.
I saw a clip from syria that a T-72 received several RPG-7 and was still operational.

It depends on if the Tank is carrying any ammunition or not. Let me show you a few videos about T-72.

These videos are real and they speak volume about how pathetic the Russian armor is when it comes to safety.

during cold war, the soviet tanks always were better than west models.

That is incorrect, M-1A1, Challenger and Leopards were the best tanks in terms of crew protection,fire power and connectivity.

another factor is tactic, If you have best tank in the world, without a good tactic you lose all of them.

It depends on the type of engagement. One set of tactics that work in one type of engagement can prove disastrous in another. The average age of a tank on a modern battlefield environment is 3 minutes. No tank army will survive without Air cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best of the T-90 family? yes definitly, the top ten best tanks? yes definitly, the best in the world? hell no.

I was searching for a reason to bash you, because you see, i dont like you...
oh,come on.T-90MS is the second operational tank with trophy system.this and merkava MK.4 MBT are the best operational tanks in the world.

Back
Top Bottom