What's new

Azerbaijan downs Armenian helicopter

Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 70 times within 24 hours
17 NOVEMBER 2014

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov.17

By Ilkin Izzet – Trend:

Armenian armed forces have broken ceasefire with Azerbaijan 72 times in numerous positions in the last 24 hours, Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said on Nov.17.

Armenian armed forces, located in the village of Aygepar of Armenia’s Berd district, opened fire at the positions of Azerbaijani armed forces located in the village of Alibeyli of Tovuz district.

At the same time, Azerbaijani positions, located in the village of Kohnegishlag of Aghstafa district, took fire from the positions located in the Paravakar village of Armenia’s Ijevan district.

Moreover, Armenian armed forces, located in the village of Berkaber of Armenia’s Ijevan district, opened fire at Azerbaijani positions located in the village of Gizilhajili of Gazakh district.

Meanwhile, Azerbaijani positions, located in the Ferehli village of Gazakh district, underwent fire from the positions located in the village of Shavarshavan of Armenia’s Noyemberyan district.

Azerbaijani positions also took fire from the positions located near the villages of Chayli, Gizil Oba of Terter district, Shikhlar, Shuraabad, Kengerli, Merzili, Yusifjanli, Bash Gervend of Aghdam district, Ashagi Abdurrahmanli, Ashagi Seyidahmadli, Ashagi Veyselli, Garakhanbeyli, Gorgan of Fizuli and Kuropatkino of Khojavend district.

Azerbaijani positions also underwent fire from the positions located at the nameless heights of Goranboy, Fizuli, Khojavend and Jabrayil districts.

The opposing side was silenced with return fire.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan.

As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

The two countries signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994. The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, Russia, France and the US are currently holding peace negotiations.

Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on the liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions.

Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 70 times within 24 hours
17 NOVEMBER 2014

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov.17

By Ilkin Izzet – Trend:

Armenian armed forces have broken ceasefire with Azerbaijan 72 times in numerous positions in the last 24 hours, Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said on Nov.17.

Armenian armed forces, located in the village of Aygepar of Armenia’s Berd district, opened fire at the positions of Azerbaijani armed forces located in the village of Alibeyli of Tovuz district.

At the same time, Azerbaijani positions, located in the village of Kohnegishlag of Aghstafa district, took fire from the positions located in the Paravakar village of Armenia’s Ijevan district.

Moreover, Armenian armed forces, located in the village of Berkaber of Armenia’s Ijevan district, opened fire at Azerbaijani positions located in the village of Gizilhajili of Gazakh district.

Meanwhile, Azerbaijani positions, located in the Ferehli village of Gazakh district, underwent fire from the positions located in the village of Shavarshavan of Armenia’s Noyemberyan district.

Azerbaijani positions also took fire from the positions located near the villages of Chayli, Gizil Oba of Terter district, Shikhlar, Shuraabad, Kengerli, Merzili, Yusifjanli, Bash Gervend of Aghdam district, Ashagi Abdurrahmanli, Ashagi Seyidahmadli, Ashagi Veyselli, Garakhanbeyli, Gorgan of Fizuli and Kuropatkino of Khojavend district.

Azerbaijani positions also underwent fire from the positions located at the nameless heights of Goranboy, Fizuli, Khojavend and Jabrayil districts.

The opposing side was silenced with return fire.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan.

As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

The two countries signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994. The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, Russia, France and the US are currently holding peace negotiations.

Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on the liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions.

I guess they have to show they are doing something now. Time for Azerbaijan to move up heavy artillery.

I guess they have to show they are doing something now. Time for Azerbaijan to move up heavy artillery.
very wrong brother russian/armenian doing this purposely if azerbijan attack them , they will walk right into their trap

Deputy offers to exchange bodies of Armenian pilots for Azerbaijani hostages
Tue 18 November 2014

"There is a good opportunity."
The bodies of the Armenian pilots must be exchanged for our hostages Shahbaz Guliyev and Dilgam Askerov, who are held in Khankendi, the deputy of Milli Majlis (Parliament) of Azerbaijan Elman Mamedov told Novosti-Azerbaijan, Oxu.Az reports.

Three Azerbaijanis Dilgam Askerov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov were taken hostages by the Armenian side in the occupied Kalbajar region of Azerbaijan in June of this year. Hasan Hasanov was killed, his body was handed over to the Azerbaijani side.

On November 12 helicopter Mi-24 belonging to the Armenian armed forces, following the course of the fighting in the air space of 1700 meters to the north-east of the Kengerli village of Agdam region, attacked Azerbaijani positions. As a result of fire opened by the Azerbaijani side, the helicopter of the enemy was shot down.

"There is a good opportunity to free our people from captivity, and the Azerbaijani authorities should take this chance," MP Mammadov said.

"The Armenian side has already appealed to the International Committee of the Red Cross and other international organizations for the return of the pilotsə bodies. I suggest that the Azerbaijani authorities exchange the victims of the Armenian pilots for two Azerbaijani captives who are on an illegal trial in Khankendi, and they are tortured. I am sure that the Azerbaijani authorities will do it," the MP said.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts - 20% of Azerbaijani territory - are under occupation of the Armenian armed forces.

In May 1994, the parties reached a ceasefire, and despite the efforts of the Minsk Group, the negotiations still bring no result.

The four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions have not yet been fulfilled by Armenia.

News.Az

Azerbaijan reveals flight path of downed Armenia helicopter (INFOGRAPHICS)
18 NOVEMBER 2014
helicopter_sxem_181114.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov. 18

By Ilkin Izzet – Trend:

The flights of two Mi-24 combat helicopters of Armenia’s armed forces on Nov. 12 and an analysis of completed tasks once again confirm the initial findings, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said Nov. 18.

An animated event model, prepared with reference to the opinions of experts in military aircraft and operational intelligence data, clearly shows that the helicopters’ crews, following combat instructions, were executing a task to strike the Azerbaijani army positions on the front line.

“After completion of this task, that is, after shelling our positions, the enemy helicopters, manoeuvring and covering each other, began to leave the zone of fire,” the ministry said.

Taking into account that the Armenian side is manipulating the information on the incident, and given the fact that flights over Azerbaijan’s occupied territories are banned, and uncoordinated flights over these territories are considered as a violation of Azerbaijan’s airspace, the ministry stated that the enemy helicopter that opened fire on Azerbaijani positions, was destroyed by a retaliatory fire.

An Armenian Mi-24 military helicopter flying 1700 meters northeast of the Kengerli village of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district attacked the Azerbaijani army positions on Nov. 12.

The helicopter was shot down by the Azerbaijani side.

As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts. The two countries signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994.

The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, Russia, France and the US are currently holding peace negotiations.

Edited by S.I.

animasiya_18112014.gif

Armenians stage provocations in zone of destruction of military helicopter
18 NOVEMBER 2014
Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov.18

By Ilkin Izzet – Trend:

Armenian armed forces stage provocations and regularly open fire at the territory of Aghdam district where the Armenian military helicopter was downed by Azerbaijani servicemen, spokesperson of Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-Colonel Vagif Dergahli told Trend on Nov.18.

Azerbaijani armed forces have to respond, and then Armenians declare to the whole world that they can’t recover the dead bodies from that territory, he said.

An Armenian Mi-24 military helicopter flying 1,700 meters northeast of the Kengerli village of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district attacked the Azerbaijani army positions on Nov. 12. The helicopter was shot down by the Azerbaijani side. The wreckage of the downed helicopter fell on an area located 500 meters away from the frontline.

Dergahli said the Armenian side claims their helicopters did not cross the territory controlled by the Azerbaijani armed forces.

"That means, they say the downed helicopter was to fall to the territory controlled by them," he said. "If it is so, then why they don't want to recover the bodies? That's because the helicopter was shot down near Azerbaijan's positions," Dergahli said.

He added that as always, the Armenian side just tries to attract the attention of the international structures this way.

In recent days, Armenian armed forces have more frequently violated the ceasefire on the line of contact of Armenian and Azerbaijani armies, mainly in Aghdam district.

Armenian armed forces violated the ceasefire on Nov 16 by opening fire at Azerbaijani positions in the villages of Shikhlar, Shuraabad, Kengerli, Merzili, Yusifjanli, Bash Gervend of Aghdam district.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

Armenia has not yet implemented the UN Security Council's four resolutions on the liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions.

Edited by SI

very wrong brother russian/armenian doing this purposely if azerbijan attack them , they will walk right into their trap

Russia is busy sister. No need to worry, they have their hands full with Ukraine.

Azerbaijan has the momentum , will and firepower to deal with any situation.

can any of Azeri brothers tell me why Azerbaijan republic is not taking its occupied lands? What is missed or lacked by Azeris? They don,t have even a road directly to karabak... what is the reason behind Azeris not attacking and get their land back?? I always wondered about this weird war... Azerbaijan has all the equipment and trained soldiers... why they just don,t give it a shot? Political solutions are not working as it seems... if u get my point.. you know.. a separate big land of yours is under siege and this can,t last... it is not good actually.. another question, is the local governing body in occupied land with Azeris or they are one more problem too?

PS: my personal idea about all this conflict is to hold back of Azeris... they have a piece of land sieged... they are 99% like my people...and to be honest I don,t like all that armenia creating armenian lobby like those of Zion lobby... they are trying to make world believe they are the victims here.,, any azeri brothers ... please enlighten me with this if you can... but some Real Zeri from Azerbaijan republic I mean....

Russia is busy sister. No need to worry, they have their hands full with Ukraine.

Azerbaijan has the momentum , will and firepower to deal with any situation.

its not the right momentum i think, Russia needs another big war beside Ukranian conflict , only then we can fight Armenians :),
unfortunately Russia gives strong back to Armenia
without Russian help Azerbaijan Armed Forces can to occupy the whole karabah & a little coridor between Nahchivan to NK :D in less than 2 month...

can any of Azeri brothers tell me why Azerbaijan republic is not taking its occupied lands? What is missed or lacked by Azeris? They don,t have even a road directly to karabak... what is the reason behind Azeris not attacking and get their land back?? I always wondered about this weird war... Azerbaijan has all the equipment and trained soldiers... why they just don,t give it a shot? Political solutions are not working as it seems... if u get my point.. you know.. a separate big land of yours is under siege and this can,t last... it is not good actually.. another question, is the local governing body in occupied land with Azeris or they are one more problem too?

PS: my personal idea about all this conflict is to hold back of Azeris... they have a piece of land sieged... they are 99% like my people...and to be honest I don,t like all that armenia creating armenian lobby like those of Zion lobby... they are trying to make world believe they are the victims here.,, any azeri brothers ... please enlighten me with this if you can... but some Real Zeri from Azerbaijan republic I mean....

there are few serious problems.
1. Russia backs Armenia
2. Iran backs Armenia

and another obstacles is that Armenians has strong lobby In France and USA

Last edited:

Armenia and Azerbaijan are still in a state of war and thus no cease fire. They will have to plan it very well. IMHO they should do it in 2015 which is 100 year anniversary when they sided with Russia attacked Turks and Azeri "to kick us back to Central Asia".

there are few serious problems.
1. Russia backs Armenia
2. Iran backs Armenia

and another obstacles is that Armenians has strong lobby In France and USA
But Azerbaijan also has USA and Isreail on their back... is n,t it enough? If it was Iran losing such a huge part of land to enemy we rather die all and one by one than leave it on their hand...this was exactly the story behind lasting the Iran - Iraq war that long... We couldn,t afford to lose a centimeter...
anyway, If I was in Azeri shoes, I would do the same and lobby in all important countries and it is sad to see Russia is the same bully crap as other ones... I wish freedom and prosperity for my brothers in Azerbaijan

Armenia and Azerbaijan are still in a state of war and thus no cease fire. They will have to plan it very well. IMHO they should do it in 2015 which is 100 year anniversary when they sided with Russia attacked Turks and Azeri "to kick us back to Central Asia".
Is n,t it effective to come to Iran and make it an ally for azerbaijan in order to use both Iranian lands to access their other part and to countermass Russian influence on Armenias? I hope the problem can be addressed by UN security counsil or some sort of arrangement.. Azeri and Armenians suffered a lot due to this war... but somebody tell me..what is the motive from Armenian side to keep that part of Azerbaijan? and in case of Azeribaijan re join to karabak, is Armenian border line with Iran will be erased??

Back
Top Bottom