What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Agreed there, ToT is optional here but source codes are critical. Because Azerbaijan is going through a transitional period, they'll have both Russian and NATO weapons in the coming years, they'll need to integrate these weapons to JF17 and other modules that'll become available.
AWC and GIDS can offer a complete range of Air-to-Ground weaponry.

• Practice bombs (6 kg, 11 kg)
  • 250 kg Pre-fragmented bomb
  • 250 kg Mk.82 general purpose bomb
  • 500 kg Mk.83 bomb
  • 1000 kg Mk.84 bomb
  • Mk.80 series general purpose bomb tail units (low drag or high drag speed-retarding devices and laser guidance)
  • HAFR-1, HAFR-2 and RPB-1 anti-runway weapons

In addition to that,

Ra'ad ALCM

LX-60 Precision Guided glide bomb

H-4 and H-2 stand-off weapon

Takbir series guided bombs.

We can cooperate on an anti-radiation missile, all can benefit.

There are already two Anti-Radiation missiles operational with JF-17 and I think that one came with ToT.

We got ToT with R-Darter so I think we should cooperate on air-to-air weaponry for the Thunders.

And also on all kinds of seekers. ;)

Abdullah Gül said he was interested in JF17 on a trip. This statemend didn't come from military officials of Turkey. It came from the president. But since we have plans to develop TF-X, we have different needs.

What I was saying is that our Pakistani friends has named pretty much everyone "interested" in it, including Turkey. But there is nothing to suggest that there is indeed any such connection in reality, but if you just state your personal opinion, then go on. However, I don't think our military would be that much interested as you suggest, secondly not only is there issues with regards to export of JF-17 (engine), but Pakistani military is saying that it can be exported only after meeting the demands of Pakistan's own military, which won't be before the next decade. So good luck.

Last edited:
Azerbaijani procurement strategy depends on two points.

-NATO standart suppliers and NATO systems.
-Soviet/Russian systems not to make angry of Russia with giving approach signals on foreign policy based on such procurements.

NATO standart product suppliers: Israel and Turkey
Soviet based new products: Russia, Ukraine

Out of those countries excluding some other NATO product suppliers, It is difficult to enter into Azerbaijani market. Israel supplies many products to our Broes because of availability of their battle ready products contrary to Turkish equivalents being under development. Azerbaijan doesn't have time enough to wait long times While a problematic region like Karabakh is boiling in the hands of Armenians and It isn't known When a war is going to break out...

BTW, Turkey's most strategic product/programs including Hisar SAM family, Mizrak missile family, Altay tank, TF-X programs are opened for Azerbaijani collaboraion.

What I was saying is that our Pakistani friends has named pretty much everyone "interested" in it, basically there is nothing to suggest that there is any such connection in reality, but if you just state your personal opinion, then go on. However, I don't think our military would be that much interested as you suggest, secondly not only is there issues with regards to export of JF-17 (engine), but Pakistani military is saying that it can be exported only after meeting the demands of Pakistan's own military, which won't be before the next decade. So good luck.

I was answering our Turkish frnds questions,.. i dont get paid for creating interest or marketting weapons on a Pak forum...

T-90 is similar to Type-96?

No its an upgraded T-72 itself.

I wonder what is the actual source for all these claims about Al-Khalid armour and capabilities?

DESTO .. Defence,Science and Technology Organistan.. govt of Pak... the first im not sure but not a govt site... and is reporting the basic AK(prototype and pretty old.. for example the number of shells it carries,fires..its gun and so on).. which didnt pass into service..and even the basic inducted mbt was difference... which by the way was extensively upgraded...the latest variant in service being AK-I.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Al-Khalid I – Upgraded variant is in testing as of April 2009. Incorporates modifications made to the fire-control system, sensors, IBMS, side-skirts, track pads, auto-loader (rate of fire increased to 9 rounds per minute), Ukrainian Varta electro-optical jammer (disrupts laser rangefinders, laser designators and anti-tank guided missile tracking systems), Sagem third-generation thermal imagers and improved air conditioning system.

Upgraded new Al Khalid MBTs with combination of new armor and optional Explosives Reactive Armor (ERA) can withstand all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. Upgrade also includes improved transmission and electronic turret control for the Al Khalid Tanks. Tank also offers improved protection for the NBC (Nuclear, Biological & chemical) warfare.

Pakistani Al Khalid Tanks are equipped with Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and new active threat-protection system. Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) has also increased Al Khalid's weapon carrying capability and now it will be able to carry 49 125mm HEAT & APFSDS (Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) and Naiza 125 mm DU rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

But this; "In tests it has 350mm-450mm vs APFSDS and 450mm-550mm vs HEAT" is actually comparable to T-72B.

Lmao.. are you reading wikipedia sir?

One more thing, T-90 is actually using the Catherine thermal imagers DF talks of, but I have not come across any real source which states that AK are using it, just "western sights" remark.

Did Azerbaijan replace the russian systems? quality issues?

As for my "claims" .. here are pics of the old systems used in AK (upgraded with more capable.. new systems).

Rehbar BMS (Battle Management System) also upgraded in the AK-I ..and the under development AK-II:

4FSZF.jpg

OjRFM.jpg

COMBINED DRIVERS NIGHT VISION SIGHT or CODRIS-E in place of the replaceable standard driver day sight on the new Al-Khalid 1 source Xylon:
vpfSH.png

Guess which systems these are !
2003 pics Fire Control System
QckUp.jpg
Thermal Imager
mQQkY.jpg
uvRwl.jpg
Qr1L3.jpg
QjUsj.jpg
ePm73.jpg
Ballistic Computer
W46J1.jpg
JC8wu.jpg

sqXrt.jpg

New ones are using Matis-Sagem...

Can go on and on ... all of these equipped the old AK... and now have been replaced with new systems... to know more.. do check out this thread:

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool | Page 42

What about Hard-Kill ??? :(

Indigenous system under development... lets see what comes out .. nothing known YET.

Last edited:
Even the old gun was imported from France till HIT came up with their own 125 smoothbore.. which is superior to the KBA used on T-84 .. *(It is based on the KBA)..

Then show me some new ones if any !!! :p:

You wont find any... they dont release such info publically.. il try to visit IDEAS 2014 this year.. maybe than .. you will have to wait till than..:lol:

thank you
please post photos of weaponry made in Pakistan for another 3 pages

Apologies brother.. sorry for derailing the thread.. no more bs from me .. anymore.

However, I don't think our military would be that much interested as you suggest, secondly not only is there issues with regards to export of JF-17 (engine), but Pakistani military is saying that it can be exported only after meeting the demands of Pakistan's own military, which won't be before the next decade. So good luck.
They would be interested if they were smart. We're talking about a system that can be integrated with both Russian and NATO subsystems here. Quoting from DESERT FIGHTER source codes wouldn't be an issue if Turkey arranged the deal. If the factories in Pakistan are overcapacity we can divert some of the work to TAI.

We're all friends here. We'd rather have you buy some quality merchandise instead of Russian junk.
We all want what's best for Azerbaijan. If Azerbaijan wins, we all win.

Btw DESERT FIGHTER lovely posts brother :)

Last edited:
İ have got a question.

Why is Azerbaycan buying weapons from a country that is still up until today arming their primary enemy?

because you cant suddenly switch to NATO equipment from Soviet equipment

@cabatli_53

Exactly what I was trying to say, as I did not inteded to offend anyone, just making a point. Even when it comes to smaller stuff like manpads and anti-tank missiles, Azerbaijan has bought a large quantity of Igla-S (several hundred launchers and nearly two thousand missiles) from Russia (these are on par with latest western manpads), anti-tank missiles from Israel, Russia, Ukraine and according to reports is looking to buy Mizrak anti-tank missiles with integration on Otokar Cobra vehicles. And to talk about heavier stuff is pointless if you ask me. Hence, Azerbaijan already has defence partners which meets it's needs with high quality and proven equipment.

And speaking about Turkey, it is for me a "unique" weapon producer, at least for Azerbaijan.

Back
Top Bottom