What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

I guess you could use SOM, but ARM would be a much better choice.

SOM primary designed to destroy valuable targets, (SAM's, warships or important military bases etc') Thats why it is light and pretty stealth. So I think it would be more than enough to destroy armenian SAM's. But Of course I am not against other solutions...

SOM primary designed to destroy valuable targets, (SAM's, warships or important military bases etc') Thats why it is light and pretty stealth. So I think it would be more than enough to destroy armenian SAM's. But Of course I am not against other solutions...
I was meaning to ask a Turkish member and forgot but remembered recently. How about a GLCM version of SOM? All it would need pretty much is rocket motor, and new software. Azerbaijan could buy this as well.

I was meaning to ask a Turkish member and forgot but remembered recently. How about a GLCM version of SOM? All it would need pretty much is rocket motor, and new software. Azerbaijan could buy this as well.

As far as I know, there will be no ground based SOM. It is pretty light so a Ground Launched version might not be sufficient. Turkey is developing Gezgin Cruise missile for this purpose if I am not mistaken. Of course Azerbaijan can brought Gezgin too, if they so choose. A heavy, Ground Launched, Cruise missile. A Real beast.

Chinese cruise missiles could be option for Azerbaijan. This is JF-17 simulator developed by Chinese company. I copied part where seeker turns on from 100KM away from aircraft.

@Turan09
Israel made ground launched version of 187 KG cruise missile by adding rocket motor. I'm sure a 600KG missile could be adapted for it.
th

Delilah-missile-Ground-Launched-740x331.jpg

upload_2019-10-16_15-43-45.png

Azerbaijan has no need for large cruise missiles IMO, as you can see SOM ground launched with presumed 250KM range can hit all of Armenia even stationed far behind front lines.

Chinese cruise missiles could be option for Azerbaijan. This is JF-17 simulator developed by Chinese company. I copied part where seeker turns on from 100KM away from aircraft.

@Turan09
Israel made ground launched version of 187 KG cruise missile by adding rocket motor. I'm sure a 600KG missile could be adapted for it.
th

Delilah-missile-Ground-Launched-740x331.jpg

View attachment 584361
Azerbaijan has no need for large cruise missiles IMO, as you can see SOM ground launched with presumed 250KM range can hit all of Armenia even stationed far behind front lines.

As far as I know, there is no demand for Ground Launched SOM by Turkish Army. Thats because, lets say SOM has 350-400km range when you launch it from air... this range will be reduced when you try to launch it from ground, probably wont have even 250km range... Thats why Turkey wants to design a heavy, new cruise missile for this purpose. Of course Azerbaijan doesnt need range that much afterall armenia is pretty close but because Turkish army doesnt have this kind of requirement for SOM, just Azerbaijani needs wont be enough, afterall they didnt even brough SOM's in large numbers for their jets (for now, after Jf-17 they will probably brought more) and designing a ground launched version of SOM just for 10-20 missiles wont be beneficial. Wont be cost effective.
With Gezgin, Azerbaijan can have a lot of fire power... it will be a beast, and with Turkish Army's demand, it will be deadly and cost effective.

Do you happen to know Azerbaijan's plan for taking out Armenian SAMs?

Short range - Spike NLOS + ER and Loitering munition

Medium range - due to mobility, will be hunted down with HAROPs, which can operate autonomously while scanning for radar targets.

66417238_1886806014756151_721317831347962127_n.jpg

S-300 are used as pretty much stationary SAM systems, and have permanent bases. SOM + Lynx MLRS + TR-300 MLRS can target those locations. While Polonez MLRS can target command centers deep inside Armenia.

Additionally, Armenian SAM systems are capable but are Soviet systems that haven't gone through any upgrades. JF-17s flying with future Aselsan jamming pod, can easily suppress their defences. Azerbaijan also has much more capable AD network, giving Air Force ability to develop strategies and test jamming capabilities.

JF-17 and future upgraded MiG-29s and Su-25 will also be able to operate outside of AD zones, with many targets located at the frontline, and modern guided munition having ranges of 50+ kms.

Does anybody know if Azerbaijan is interested in Hurjet for training, and ground attack?

Air Force is acquiring M-346 while Border Patrol is acquiring armed version M-346FA, and we are currently negotiating for joint production and maintenance facility.

1200px-Alenia_Aermacchi_T-346A_Master_MM55155_61-04_formazione_legend_(22064642876).jpg
body_foto1_m346fa.jpg

Attachments

• Trainers - SP M-346_foto5_Luca_La_Cavera-1.jpg
    Trainers - SP M-346_foto5_Luca_La_Cavera-1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 25
Damn, that seems great for Azerbaijan. With this in mind, I don't think Azerbaijan actually needs GLCM whatsoever. Polonez should be able to hit all of Armenian air bases, and army bases early in the conflict.

https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php?circles=[[200000,40.5895399,46.0741341,"#AAAAAA","#000000",0.4]]

Polonez actually has the range of 300kms, Azerbaijan also has Israel LORA short range (430kms) ballistic missiles, for targets deep inside Armenia.

Back
Top Bottom