What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

In some aspects I agree with you but .....

One Su-35 fighter costs at least $ 80 million without weapons - (flying resource su-35 6000 hours )
for this money you can buy tactical missile systems and 155 mm artillery
smaller countries should go after quality, because you don't have time to tolerate. any answer to invasion should be strong and scorching.

If you buy Jf-17, all your problem will be the engine. And China is working on a new engine for Thunder if I am not mistaken. But if you buy Su series all aircraft, all of it will be your problem. You know Russia is supporting Armenia and they even gifted armenia 4 jets for very cheap price. Just think, why did Russia ''gifted jets'' to armenia? Because they are trying to have a balance between you and armenia. Even if you think, they gifted to armenia in the same time they want to sell it to you. So technically you will pay for armenian jets...

I know, Su-34 and Su-35 is great jets. Really, I must say they are much better than JF-17. (JF-17 is a light jet) but dont jump to trap of Russians. If you have 24+24, 48 Jf-17 no one from the region would dare to attack you, anyway.

https://jam-news.net/armenia-buys-four-of-russias-newest-fighter-jets/ Lets not forget that...

JF-17 may have a lot more Russian components than just the Engine, we just don't know, but you are right about potential future Chinese jet engines. but even without JF-17, Azerbaijani Air Force is nearly entirely reliant on Russia, Su-25, MiG-29, Mi-35M and more than a hundred Mi-17s. Su-35 and Su-34 are good solutions until Turkey itself develops its own aircraft, Azerbaijan is already looking to invest and become part of the TAI TF-X project.
Also Su-34 and Su-35, if purchased, will incorporate Turkish subsystems and weapons, just like MiG-29, Su-25 and JF-17 will.

If you buy Jf-17, all your problem will be the engine. And China is working on a new engine for Thunder if I am not mistaken. But if you buy Su series all aircraft, all of it will be your problem. You know Russia is supporting Armenia and they even gifted armenia 4 jets for very cheap price. Just think, why did Russia ''gifted jets'' to armenia? Because they are trying to have a balance between you and armenia. Even if you think, they gifted to armenia in the same time they want to sell it to you. So technically you will pay for armenian jets...

I know, Su-34 and Su-35 is great jets. Really, I must say they are much better than JF-17. (JF-17 is a light jet) but dont jump to trap of Russians. If you have 24+24, 48 Jf-17 no one from the region would dare to attack you, anyway.

https://jam-news.net/armenia-buys-four-of-russias-newest-fighter-jets/ Lets not forget that...

SAlam Aleykum )
I completely agree with you)
I think that ours will buy JF-17 block 2 and not just an advanced one . I think that our Ministry of Defense will be looking in the direction of Saab Gripen rather than Russian fighters. There was even information on the internet that Sweden offered these fighters to Caucasian countries

P.S Ziyanin yarisindan geri donmek hayirdir insallah )

SAlam Aleykum )
I completely agree with you)
I think that ours will buy JF-17 block 2 and not just an advanced one . I think that our Ministry of Defense will be looking in the direction of Saab Gripen rather than Russian fighters. There was even information on the internet that Sweden offered these fighters to Caucasian countries

P.S Ziyanin yarisindan geri donmek hayirdir insallah )

JF-17 has performed really well against Indian Air Force Mig-21 Bison & Mirage-2000s on 27th Feb. Current Block-2 has proven its mettle. I agree that its not a 4.5++ Generation Aircraft but it gives run for the money and you know results.

JF-17 may have a lot more Russian components than just the Engine, we just don't know

Except for the Engine, nothing more is Russian. Pakistan China or any other party, can not sell AirCraft by hiding original OEM. Trust the men evaluating product and you will find out that, parties are well aware about the offered package.

JF-17 has performed really well against Indian Air Force Mig-21 Bison & Mirage-2000s on 27th Feb. Current Block-2 has proven its mettle. I agree that its not a 4.5++ Generation Aircraft but it gives run for the money and you know results.
Except for the Engine, nothing more is Russian. Pakistan China or any other party, can not sell AirCraft by hiding original OEM. Trust the men evaluating product and you will find out that, parties are well aware about the offered package.

Starting from 2012 when there was not even a jf-17 block 2
I called for our state to buy fighters from Pakistan .
Russian fighter aircraft has weak avionics
At the moment, in Russia, not developed nano technology - for example, UAV
Chinese UAVs are many times better than Russians, instead of su-35 you can buy J-31 from CHINA.

Azerbaijan and Belarus Negotiating on Further Deliveries of Polonez-M

ADEX_2018_Azerbaijan_international_defence_exhibition_Baku_36.jpg

IMHO, in a war with Armenia if air superiority was achieved meaning HIMAD, and enemy aircraft were destroyed drones like the CH-4 could provide a valuable strike, and CAS drone. As long as Russia doesn't resupply high altitude SAMs they could operate relatively safe even if MANPADS, and IR guided SAMs are active due to their high altitude performance. I don't know much about the terrain in that area except that it is mountainous, but if armor formations are active they would be picked off fairly easily without proper HIMAD protection.
Bayraktar and the Anka would be the best choice for obvious reasons.

maxresdefault.jpg

getasset.aspx

I also think that much smaller drones 20-70 kg armed drones could be useful on less important missions, but they would also be easier to transport, and be much easier to get in the air.
Pyros 12kg bomb, notice how small the drone is compared to the Anka, and Bayraktar. As I said, much easier to transport, and requires a smaller control station, and is much more expendable.
5021cd4f1cca3.image.jpg

Something in this class to better illustrate what I mean would help in CAS. It's a Jordanian UAV that I was discussing with other members of this forum that would be useful in certain situations where bigger, and medium size drones aren't needed.
Of course it could be performed by the Aerostar but that is a lot heavier than what I was discussing, and can carry a much greater payload.

index.php

heart-attack.jpg

Aircrafts and other weapons i can understand but armored vehicles is like our specialty. Now you are hurting my feelings bro.

So for this you can not fix the problem of the engine for Altai tanks? ))

heart-attack.jpg

Aircrafts and other weapons i can understand but armored vehicles is like our specialty. Now you are hurting my feelings bro.

if it makes you feel better Azerbaijan is ordering a large number of APCs from BMC for Border Patrol and Internal Troops.

if it makes you feel better Azerbaijan is ordering a large number of APCs from BMC for Border Patrol and Internal Troops.
Hey, as far as I know Azerbaijan brought Hermes-900 UAV's from Israel... Do you know how many? And Are they armed?

Hey, as far as I know Azerbaijan brought Hermes-900 UAV's from Israel... Do you know how many? And Are they armed?

Border Patrol and Coast Guard operate 10 Hermes-900, Air Force bought 16 Heron MALE UAVs + production license of different versions, including a jointly developed armed version with a 1 ton payload.

Back
Top Bottom