What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Milgem(100m) is a big and easy target for a closed sea. Even If I class frigate(111m) (16 cell MK-41 missiles + 16 SSM + Torpedo + CIWS) is being produced for Azerbaijan, The self protection ability of ship can't even protect it from multiple threats to be posed by both naval, air and land enemy surface/underwater assets so What Azerbaijan needs is large number super fast assault boats which is going to have a weight around 500-600 tonnes deplacement but have a great firepower similar to a corvette. She must be faster than anything likely enemy states have.

An Azerbaijani boat which is going to be difficult to detect thanks to stealth hull, hard to hit thanks to speed and dangerous to approach thanks to sensors on board.

RMK FMC-69 with Aselsan CAFRAD

FMC 69 Performance:
Maximum speed: 50+ knots
Continuous sailing speed: 45 knots
Cruising range: 800 nautical miles at 20 knots
Endurance: 2 days with crew of 38
TTHB-1-%2BFMC%2B69.jpg

FMC 69 dimensions:
Length over all: 69 meters
Breadth: 12.5 meters
Draught: 1.9 meters

FMC 69 armaments:
8 Atmaca Ship to ship missiles
RAM missiles
76mm Main gun
2 Stamp turrets
2 Chaff decoys

RMK_Marine_IDEF_2015_FACM_TTHB-1_FMC_69_2.jpg

Ten of those boats can easily destroy all naval balance of Caspian sea in favour of Azerbaijani brothers.

Last edited:
Milgem(100m) is a big and easy target for a closed sea. Even If I class frigate(111m) (16 cell MK-41 missiles + 16 SSM + Torpedo + CIWS) is being produced for Azerbaijan, The self protection ability of ship can't even protect it from multiple threats to be posed by both naval, air and land enemy surface/underwater assets so What Azerbaijan needs is large number super fast assault boats which is going to have a weight around 500-600 tonnes deplacement but have a great firepower similar to a corvette. She must be faster than anything likely enemy states have.

An Azerbaijani boat which is going to be difficult to detect thanks to stealth hull, hard to hit thanks to speed and dangerous to approach thanks to sensors on board.

RMK FMC-69 with Aselsan CAFRAD

FMC 69 Performance:
Maximum speed: 50+ knots
Continuous sailing speed: 45 knots
Cruising range: 800 nautical miles at 20 knots
Endurance: 2 days with crew of 38
TTHB-1-%2BFMC%2B69.jpg

FMC 69 dimensions:
Length over all: 69 meters
Breadth: 12.5 meters
Draught: 1.9 meters

FMC 69 armaments:
8 Atmaca Ship to ship missiles
RAM missiles
76mm Main gun
2 Stamp turrets
2 Chaff decoys

RMK_Marine_IDEF_2015_FACM_TTHB-1_FMC_69_2.jpg

Ten of those boats can easily destroy all naval balance of Caspian sea in favour of Azerbaijani brothers.

Bro you say this FMC 69 has 8 ATMACA so it has 4×2 ATMACA, am i right? We see 4×1 in the photo... So i think other laucher which looks other side is closed...

Bro you say this FMC 69 has 8 ATMACA so it has 4×2 ATMACA, am i right? We see 4×1 in the photo... So i think other laucher which looks other side is closed...

Bro, The dark blur part is for Atmaca missiles on hidden boxes. 4 is directed to port, others to starboard side. The radar is Aselsan CAFRAD. Ares and RMK is the two which has the most ambitious designs for Turkish assault boat tender.

TTHB-1-%2BFMC%2B69.jpg

Those heavy armed super fast assault boats will destroy all known power balance comprehensions in East Mediterranean.

Last edited:
Bro, The dark blur part is for Atmaca missiles on hidden boxes. 4 is directed to port, others to starboard side. The radar is Aselsan CAFRAD. Ares and RMK is the two which has the most ambitious designs for Turkish assault boat tender.

TTHB-1-%2BFMC%2B69.jpg

Ok thx.... My favorite was ADİK but i started to like this one too...

What do you think about ADİK's FAC? It looks like more stealth and cool also with heavy weapon load... ADİK should also use ÇAFRAD...

Ok thx.... My favorite was ADİK but i started to like this one too...

What do you think about ADİK's FAC? It looks like more stealth and cool also with heavy weapon load... ADİK should also use ÇAFRAD...

nPAD61.jpg

Bro, If you have a look out both designs, Adik and RMK revealed quite similar ships. Their weapon station installations , sizes and performance parameters are also similar but Adik mast looks like a copy of Milgem so RMK FAC looks more domestic to me. A fixed radar station with smaller CAFRAD on mast is a great idea for an assault boat. One more point, I think Adik underestimates afterburner effect of anti-ship missiles so totally closed the boxes so I think They will face some problems. RMK made an exhaust flue at the back of launchers which is a good point as well.

TTHB-1-%2BFMC%2B69.jpg

@cabatli_53 The aspect of AB effect is very interesting. Is Atmaca not duble pulse ? ( I mean , start stage and main motor ignition in the air ?)

I think Atmaca have a solid fuel rocket booster to reach a limit of speed to allow Kale's turbojet maintain the total flights.

Afaik, Atmaca is developed to surpass RGM-84L Block IIs in service which has a booster. So its likely that it has one.

Back
Top Bottom